• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Mavericks

lethalweapon3

It's the benq w1070, the darling of avsforum and projector sites as the best one under $2k and costs $899 on amazonLooks as good as my Panasonic plasmas but much largerI can't recommend it enough...don't buy a tv next time in the market...buy a projector; don't even need a screen, just project onto wallI'm overall pleased given first game and mavs shooting above expectation, especially Ellis is main reason we lost

• Like 1

It's the benq w1070, the darling of avsforum and projector sites as the best one under $2k and costs $899 on amazonLooks as good as my Panasonic plasmas but much largerI can't recommend it enough...don't buy a tv next time in the market...buy a projector; don't even need a screen, just project onto wallI'm overall pleased given first game and mavs shooting above expectation, especially Ellis is main reason we lost

Thanks for the info. I'd imagine the only extra hassle is the logistics of the projector. I've been considering this. Just haven't done the research on which ones are quality. Good to know.

People will swear Teague's turnovers and Ellis playing well were the reasons we lost be I disagree. Al and Milsap did a horrible job of controlling the paint in every way, including poor rebounding. Al was just disappointing all together if we can find the right trade for him it might be the best option for this franchise going forward. Also Milsap's numbers really have no impact, I hope he is not just a stats guy. We are bad defensively and unless we make a move for a paint controller like Asik we might do better off tanking

Edited by MrMeltdown

Al Horford was really why we lost this game. He wasn't present offensively, he wasn't rebounding the way we are used to seeing, but he did play solid defense with 5 steals and 4 blocks. You can see this team is going to be heavily dependent on Horford, if we want to win alot of games. Overall, the team played well. Carroll and Martin are looking to be the best steals in free-agency. Milsap displayed his plethora of offensive tools. And we saw an agressive Jeff Teague! Let's regroup and focus for the game Friday against the Raptors.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

Al Horford was really why we lost this game. He wasn't present offensively, he wasn't rebounding the way we are used to seeing, but he did play solid defense with 5 steals and 4 blocks. You can see this team is going to be heavily dependent on Horford, if we want to win alot of games. Overall, the team played well. Carroll and Martin are looking to be the best steals in free-agency. Milsap displayed his plethora of offensive tools. And we saw an agressive Jeff Teague! Let's regroup and focus for the game Friday against the Raptors.

I'm a huge Horford fan and I'll gladly admit he was pretty horrible this game. He was probably one of the biggest reasons we lost outside of our horrible perimeter defense.That said, I know he will get his offense figured out. I also think it was a good thing to see or guys playing solid offensively. I'd like to think the D gets better once we know what we are doing when the ball is in our hand. I was happy with the game..this is going to be a fun year. Win or lose I'll be happy.

Dang. Mavs hit bunches and bunches of threes in the finalminutes. Just get behind the arch, let it go and watch asit goes "swish!"But, all in all, I thought Hawks gave a pretty good accountfor themselves.PS: Red Sox just won the World Series!GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

I'm a huge Horford fan and I'll gladly admit he was pretty horrible this game. He was probably one of the biggest reasons we lost outside of our horrible perimeter defense.That said, I know he will get his offense figured out. I also think it was a good thing to see or guys playing solid offensively. I'd like to think the D gets better once we know what we are doing when the ball is in our hand.I was happy with the game..this is going to be a fun year. Win or lose I'll be happy.

And the funny thing is, these guys haven't even learned all of offensive and defensive plays. And I agree with you, I'm happy the team played so well offensively, but as the season goes on, I'll be even more happier when their knowledge of this defense kicks in.

I'm a huge Horford fan and I'll gladly admit he was pretty horrible this game. He was probably one of the biggest reasons we lost outside of our horrible perimeter defense.That said, I know he will get his offense figured out. I also think it was a good thing to see or guys playing solid offensively. I'd like to think the D gets better once we know what we are doing when the ball is in our hand.I was happy with the game..this is going to be a fun year. Win or lose I'll be happy.

This team should be questionable on defense most of the year. The defense at PG and SG could be ugly this season, and the front court is still undersized (obviously).