• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers - Hawks

lethalweapon3

Look at these fans, cant u see they fought hard i mean give them a break

Thank you! Glad somebody has a brain! This team fought back hard that's a good sign. The hawks made too many mistakes in the first quarter...they are a new team it's only game 3 so it happens.Let's hold off judgement until atleast 20 games! Goodness....you guys act like we the heat! Or like we made moves to win a championship this year!If you ain't got it yet let me explain this is the year of the "lets give Teague and horford a chance"....out if the 3 games both had been great for atleast 2! So let's chill and let them have their chance to prove their worth.
  • Like 2

I've seen enough missed FTs over the last few seasons to last me a lifetime. I liked the way they fought back, though. Even if it meant hearing Nique say "bad shot" 1,000 times. The atrocious shot to end the game was the bummer. I was prepared to see them win or lose on a 3pt shot, but a rushed and contested long 2? Yuck.

• Like 1

I do like Coach Buds coaching. I'm glad he is very vocal and will bitch at the players and refs. Good game over all, but the last play didn't work as planned. They doubled team Korver on that one.

I wouldn't call this a good game at all. They played a HORRIBLE first half of ball. The Lakers were getting open shots all over the court. The second half they certainly showed grit and much better defense.

That said, we can't make any sort of conclusions about how good or bad this team is right now. That first half defense looked like they just didn't know who was rotating where and when. That should improve greatly over time.

Free throws have got to improve.

Free throw shooting:

Lakers = = 20-24

Hawks = = 14-26

Do the math. J. Smoove is a terrible shooter from the stripe, hitting just over 50%

and we, the Hawk fans, foolishly thought that we would be a lot better there this

season. Wrong. We were 1 over 50% last night and that cost us the game.

I know. Hawks didn't play defense in the first half. Lakers buried us. But, we came

back and made a game of it.

Something is wrong here. NBA teams almost all shoot a much higher % of free throws

than Atlanta. Why? We have different players, yet this part of our game doesn't change.

Until this team changes, unless they learn how to score from the charity stripe, we are

going to see these same results, game after game.

Posted Image

• Like 2

If there is a bright side to this is at least we are now getting to the freethrow line - 26 attempts. We have been at the bottom half of the league the last few years in attempts.They now have to convert at a higher rate to make getting there worth the effort.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I agree with Larry Drew and coming back for out of timeout plays. I mean, a Korver catch and shoot fadeaway from the corner with 6 seconds left is the best option? Comon coach Bud, would Greg Pop draw it like that? Wow. Then again maybe the powers that be told him to do that to get that much closer to the lottery. Lol

• Premium Member

I agree with Mule. It always bothers me when a team or player is bad at free throw shooting. This is the NBA for goodness sake. Can't you AT LEAST hit 75% of your free throws? We lost this game because we were once again horrible at the free throw line.

• Like 2

Maybe I jumped on J Smoove too soon. Not!

Box score from his last game with the Pistons:

0-4 from down town.

1-3 from the charity stripe.

And, to top it off, six turnovers.

Dang, we miss that, don't we!

GO HAWKS !!

Posted Image

I will take Detroit over this team any day of the week though.

Maybe I jumped on J Smoove too soon. Not!

Box score from his last game with the Pistons:

0-4 from down town.

1-3 from the charity stripe.

And, to top it off, six turnovers.

Dang, we miss that, don't we!

GO HAWKS !!

Posted Image

He was taking nine 3 point shots a game over the first few games... It seems obvious that he still intends to change NOTHING.

In all those years Smoove was here I always had hopes he might change his game, drive more, shoot less outside jumpers, block more shots like he did in his first two or three years in the league...but nah, he is stubborn and wants to be what he is not. Wish we would have traded him 3 years ago. Oh well.

Why is Schröder playing 20 minutes and teague 32? Shouldn't it be more like 40/10?

Also why is Horf only playing 33 minutes last night? I don't get it?

Bud has got to get Horf more touches and minutes. The guys +50% in FG% year after year and when I see him only get 12 shots it makes me crazy! If I was coach I would get Horf 20 shots a game...every game! This team has got to run through Horf & Teague.

That's all there is to it.