• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers - Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Why is Schröder playing 20 minutes and teague 32? Shouldn't it be more like 40/10?

Also why is Horf only playing 33 minutes last night? I don't get it?

Bud has got to get Horf more touches and minutes. The guys +50% in FG% year after year and when I see him only get 12 shots it makes me crazy! If I was coach I would get Horf 20 shots a game...every game! This team has got to run through Horf & Teague.

That's all there is to it.

Minutes played by starters has gone down across the league the last few years. I think it has to do with advanced metrics shaping coaching philosophies. The same reason volume players have become almost completely devalued when in eras past they would always be sought after. The way I see it the game is becoming more team / bench oriented, as GMs and coaches understand that it's better to keep your high priced assets fresh and healthy for as long as possible.

I do agree Hor should get more touches, but a big part of it is on Horford. He needs to be more aggressive, demanding the ball, and putting shots up. If his jumper is not going in, it seems like he decides to play a passive role.

• Premium Member

Why is Schröder playing 20 minutes and teague 32? Shouldn't it be more like 40/10? Also why is Horf only playing 33 minutes last night? I don't get it? Bud has got to get Horf more touches and minutes. The guys +50% in FG% year after year and when I see him only get 12 shots it makes me crazy! If I was coach I would get Horf 20 shots a game...every game! This team has got to run through Horf & Teague. That's all there is to it.

Schröder is getting minutes because he's earning them and unlike previous regimes, I think they recognize that he may have a lot to offer as he develops.

Why is Schröder playing 20 minutes and teague 32? Shouldn't it be more like 40/10?

Also why is Horf only playing 33 minutes last night? I don't get it?

Coach Bud has said Dennis will earn his playing time through the work he puts in before and after games, practice and film study. I guess the youngun has been putting in the work.

There is no way Teague can/should play 40 mpg (unless it's a must win game in the playoffs or it's G7 of the NBA finals Posted Image ). Do you want to see Mack get some of Shroe's minutes? Nope, not me.Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk