• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta Nets?....

JTB

Quick question hawksquawk....at one point when Johnson, smith, Marvin, horford, bibby was our starting five didnt we have a chance to trade smith for kg and pierce?Now I'm just asking cause I don't remember but I do recall many hawk fans complaining about how dumb it would be to trade a younger player for an older player!I recall it being josh smith, Jamal Crawford and Marvin for kg and piece so maybe bibby wasn't there....maybe I'm wrong but it was something like that.....anyways we could have been the Atlanta nets but with Teague and horford in the lineup

Quick question hawksquawk....at one point when Johnson, smith, Marvin, horford, bibby was our starting five didnt we have a chance to trade smith for kg and pierce?Now I'm just asking cause I don't remember but I do recall many hawk fans complaining about how dumb it would be to trade a younger player for an older player!I recall it being josh smith, Jamal Crawford and Marvin for kg and piece so maybe bibby wasn't there....maybe I'm wrong but it was something like that.....anyways we could have been the Atlanta nets but with Teague and horford in the lineup

I remember people on the board suggesting that but no real discussion of it outside the Squawk. It was fan attitudes of "if we could just trade Marvin for Lebron and Cleveland's next 2 firsts" kind of a discussion. At the time, KG/Pierce were not for sale.

I Stand Corrected, it was Smith for Pierce. Source: Marc Stein

Yeah this was it but I recall that somehow kg was involved in this deal......hmmmm maybe it was just this board making that rumor seem real! Lol for all I know it could have been me!

Yeah this was it but I recall that somehow kg was involved in this deal......hmmmm maybe it was just this board making that rumor seem real! Lol for all I know it could have been me!

While Smith for PIerce would have been a good deal I think i'd rather just lose.

Now that I think more about it before Johnson was given that massive contract...I think it was Johnson, smith, Marvin for pierce and KG!But everybody on this board including me was against such a trade because it would have given rondo 3 younger players and possibly gave them a brighter future than the hawks.Now as of today if my memory is right I think it should have happened because this hawks team need some good exposure to the nba world and pierce and kg may have been able to put that ATL hawks name out there in the media world for us that MAYBE could have lead other stars to this team....you never know.

Now that I think more about it before Johnson was given that massive contract...I think it was Johnson, smith, Marvin for pierce and KG!But everybody on this board including me was against such a trade because it would have given rondo 3 younger players and possibly gave them a brighter future than the hawks.Now as of today if my memory is right I think it should have happened because this hawks team need some good exposure to the nba world and pierce and kg may have been able to put that ATL hawks name out there in the media world for us that MAYBE could have lead other stars to this team....you never know.

No, it would have given marvin, jj, and smoove exposure while pp and kg would have drifted off into oblivion.

Most rumors from Stein, ESPN in general, are just hype. Wojo has proven to be reliable.

Adreian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports: Boston’s active on several fronts, including discussions on Josh Smith. Brooklyn is solely focused on making a Smith deal. … In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.

Brooklyn was the team with the most interest; but they had almost nothing to offer except bad contracts after trading for Deron and JJ.

Same link as yours:

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/19/nba-trade-deadline-rumors-tuesday-josh-smith-kevin-garnett/

Edited by Buzzard