• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The official overreact to every game for the season thread

Sothron

I'm barely into the 4th quarter and I've seen Dennis do nothing but turn it over with just awfully bad plays, miss layups, and pretty much look useless on defense and you think he should be starting? Well if we don't want to win another game this year that might be a good plan.

That might be best. Then we can expect losing and a top pick instead up and down wins and losses with nothing achieved at the end.

• Like 1

That might be best. Then we can expect losing and a top pick instead up and down wins and losses with nothing achieved at the end.

Well that's not gonna happen unless Teague and Millsap have season ending injuries or are traded for youth / picks.

If this team fails to get a top pick this year Ferry will probably live to regret it. Just like Knight probably regrets not taking a PG in 2005.

Thing is...look at the standings. We have won 20 games already and have a winning record still. NJNs are surging and look like they will improve up to around .500 in a month or so. The "top picks" according to pundits are basically 1 through 6. We have no shot at this point.

Even if we trade Millsap and Korver and maybe even Teague we will end up getting back hungry young players that Bud can coach up or expiring guys that will work their asses off for that next contract. The teams that are really tanking aren't going to just sit back and win games when we start losing.

At this point I would be stunned if we get better that the #10 pick in the next draft.

That said, we could easily get more later first round picks and hope to find a diamond in the rough (may be our only option at this point).

• Like 1

Bull he had 3 TO's and had missed every shot he took until the scrubs were in. There were ZERO Ups until that point.

2nd QT:

6:52 Posted Image Dennis Schröder drives to the hoop for a layup 6:37 Posted Image Andray Blatche misses a 22-foot jumper from the right wing 6:35 Posted Image Pero Antić defensive rebound 6:29 Posted Image Alley-oop layup by Mike Scott. Assist: Dennis Schröder He also had only 1 TO in the 2nd QT. Once again, he was up and down. Don't lie on the man.

2nd QT:

6:52 Posted Image Dennis Schröder drives to the hoop for a layup 6:37 Posted Image Andray Blatche misses a 22-foot jumper from the right wing 6:35 Posted Image Pero Antić defensive rebound 6:29 Posted Image Alley-oop layup by Mike Scott. Assist: Dennis Schröder He also had only 1 TO in the 2nd QT. Once again, he was up and down. Don't lie on the man.

Hahahaha ok if it makes you feel good about 1 basket and 1 assist and questionable score keeping on turnovers then enjoy that pride you're feeling.

• Premium Member

If this team fails to get a top pick this year Ferry will probably live to regret it. Just like Knight probably regrets not taking a PG in 2005.

Can't argue this point. We're on pace to get eliminated from the playoffs as usual and have nothing to show for it but another rotational player at best with a middle of the pack draft pick. Edited by Jody23

Hahahaha ok if it makes you feel good about 1 basket and 1 assist and questionable score keeping on turnovers then enjoy that pride you're feeling.

Yes he had this turns again, but he really had some ups, too. The only way to improve his play: Let him play! Otherwise:

Best thing for him would be a trade to a coach, who is willing to develop him...I see that Dennis isn't started material right now, but he needs playing time. I doubt D-league is the best option. He needs to adjust his game to American style of play. If he adjusts his game to d-league he will need additional time to adjust it to NBA level later. He needs hard competition for the quickest possible improvement.

Everyone seems to assume that the early picks will be stars / super stars

and all the others will be slightly better than trash.

Doesn't always work that way, just usually. Sometimes there is a very

good player still available IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

I still have faith in our GM and his coaches. I believe that they all know

what they are doing, where they want to go and how to get there!

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

Impressive win yesterday. Thought for sure they were going to blow another lead, but when Miami made their surge the Hawks answered it and held onto the victory.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I honestly just want the season to come to an end at this point. Either we get stuck with the 8th seed or we somehow manage to get a chance in the lottery. Either way the season did not go anywhere near what anyone wanted. And I am talking about both the pro tankers and the non tankers.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I honestly just want the season to come to an end at this point. Either we get stuck with the 8th seed or we somehow manage to get a chance in the lottery. Either way the season did not go anywhere near what anyone wanted. And I am talking about both the pro tankers and the non tankers.

Perfect summary.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...