• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Update

I think when Lou gets healthy he could be a Manu type for us, which is huge in the 4th quarter.

I was thinking the same thing during the Charlotte game when they cut into our lead. We started hoisting a lot of threes and having his ability to create shots and get to the line would have really helped.

Glad he is not pulling a Derrick Rose. I know every knee injury is not the same.......but it's nice to see LW chomping at the bit to play basketball. It would be nice to let him strengthen that leg well into December.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Lou Williams has been cleared for full-contact practice and his return to the Hawks lineup could come soon.

A day after Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer acknowledged that Williams has participated in full-contact drills, he said Williams has been medically cleared and is now getting in game shape. The veteran guard is rehabbing from a torn right ACL suffered in January.

“He is basically competing full-go now,” Budenholzer said Wednesday morning before the Hawks took on the Knicks. “I guess, in that sense, you could say he’s been cleared. He is doing everything. It’s now getting game-ready or game-comfortable. He’s played five-on-five. He is basically cleared to do everything. We’ll get him to where he feels comfortable playing in a game.”

Budenholzer would not speculate when Williams may play his first game since the season-ending injury.

“He is feeling fine today,” Budenholzer said. “We’ll continue to monitor him. He is getting closer.”

Williams, who was with the Hawks during Wednesday morning’s shootaround, will not play against the Knicks. He will go through another workout in the evening and the team will monitor how he responds.

With the team playing well, there is certainly no need to rush and risk with Lou. If he can adapt to the new system and bring his energy and skills with him, he will be a huge key to the Hawks this year. It is good to have a spark plug on the team.

Posted Image

So will he play tomorrow? I guess Cartier and Carroll will battle with one another for minutes from here forward.

The move is not a guarantee that Williams will play Friday, only that he will be available. Lineups, including those players designated as inactive, are due 60 minutes before the start of a game.

I think Bud brings him along slowly. Get aclimated to game speed.

so if lou comes back will korver will play more SF? I hope lou doesnt take all of dennis mins at PG. Not only he isnt a PG but dennis development is more important than a few wins.

Have you been watching Dennis? Granted we are only 8 games into the season but from what I've seen Dennis could use some NBA-DL time.

Have you been watching Dennis? Granted we are only 8 games into the season but from what I've seen Dennis could use some NBA-DL time.

Not a huge Dennis fan, but he needs those minutes. He's not going to get better without seeing NBA competition. Why these fans never understand that I will never get smh. People was acting like he was the almighty PG everyone should look up to after he was drafted lol folks acted like Chris Paul needed to be begging Dennis Schröder to workout with him this offseason lmao