• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Head Coaching Ex-Hawks SURVIVOR

lethalweapon3

Ex-Hawk Hot Seats!  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Outwit! Outcoach! Outtank! Outlast!

Hopefully, the poll is self-explanatory. With a few teams struggling out of the gate, I've seen some death-rattling signs that the wheels may be falling off for a couple of these guys before the end of the year (not the season, I mean New Year's Eve 2013).

http://jazzbasketball.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/zach-lowe-and-ty-corbin-nov-5-2013/

Zach Lowe (SI): “Here’s what happened with Ty Corbin. I asked him…I said I watched your team the other night in Houston. It seemed like you know – I asked him a question about their pick-and-roll defense basically it seemed like Derrick Favors and Kanter were coming out pretty far on pick-and-rolls, and is that their strategy every night, are they going to change it by opponent, and he looked at me and is like ‘What you ask me to tell you our scouting report? What – like what are you crazy?’

And I said ‘Well some coaches are willing to talk X’s and O’s with me’ and then he just said ‘Well why don’t you talk to those other coaches then don’t talk to me.’

I said ‘Okay, see you later coach!’”

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/11/1/5057032/randy-wittman-washington-wizards-nba-2013

(Randy Wittman) "Well, you tell me what you thought the problem was. You watched the game. Commitment to f****** playing defense. It's what it is," he said. It's what it boils down to, all right? It's a thing our guys haven't learned and I've got to figure out a way."

"There were some really good things we did in the first half," he said. "Really good things. Things that we're accustomed to doing defensively. And nothing in the second half. And you can see it as a coach, we've got make sure we get these guys going to start the third quarter and I don't like their demeanor coming out of the locker room, everything you get is, 'No, we're OK.' Well we're not OK. We're 0-2. We're not ok. We lose games by the way we come out with our intensity. You can't play this game for 24 minutes. If it was easy to win in this league, everybody would."

~lw3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...