• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

When would the Hawks have to make it official that they're swapping picks? For Billy King's sake, I hope it's BEFORE the lottery. (if he's still there by then). That would be so awkward!

~lw3

If hawks keep loosing, I hope it's after the Lottery.

Imagin that: Nets and ATL in lottery, Nets worse record, Hawks announce switch and Nets win Lottery with Hawks pick...Posted Image

When would the Hawks have to make it official that they're swapping picks? For Billy King's sake, I hope it's BEFORE the lottery. (if he's still there by then). That would be so awkward! ~lw3

That would be hillarious. Nets get lucky and get a high pick but whoever is there representing the team can't even celebrate. Ferry steps on stage and gives them all a hug. Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

That would be hillarious. Nets get lucky and get a high pick but whoever is there representing the team can't even celebrate. Ferry steps on stage and gives them all a hug.

I had that same thought. I can't imagine the switch will take place before the lottery, it wouldn't make any sense since we could potentially end up swapping for a worse pick. It seems like it will be an awkward moment indeed

I had that same thought. I can't imagine the switch will take place before the lottery, it wouldn't make any sense since we could potentially end up swapping for a worse pick. It seems like it will be an awkward moment indeed

Basically the switch happens after the lottery unless we make the playoffs and Brooklyn doesn't. Then we switch before the lottery.

• Like 1

The switch happens anytime we want until the actual draftIn practice, we will just automatically get the better pick after the lotto and the worse pick will go to Boston If nets make playoffs, 15 is the best pick we could get from them...even if they have 10th best record but best from Atlantic conference, then they would be 4th seed so no lotto balls

Check out the fact that Jerry West was sitting there as a representative of the Grizzlies despite the fact that the Pistons owned the pick outright all along.

Naw, Memphis was there because they had the right to the #1 pick but anything else went to Detroit. They ended up with the #2 pick.

Edited by nbasupes40retired