• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Premium Member

This whole Playoffs+lottery pick thing just became a reality. I feel bad for Lopez but this has the potential to change this franchise.

**Edit** Not to sound like a complete vulture, but I've been watching college basketball this season and this potential pick swap couldn't have happened at a better time. If Wiggins indeed goes first, it's going to take at least a top 4 pick to get to Parker, Embiid, or Randle. I think it's doable now.

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member

The Nets are about to enter a brutal stretch in the schedule as well. I would be shocked if they win more than 3 of their next 10. Here's the next 10 opponents.

Indy, Chi, Milw, @ Indy, @ San An, @ OKC, Clev, ATL, GSW, Mia

I give them about a 5% chance of beating any of Indy, San an, OKC, Atl, GSW, Mia. I doubt they sweep Chi, Milw and Clev either. I'm going to predict they go 2-8 in their next 10 which will put them at 11-25 on the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team implodes after that stretch.

Yikes...Slide! Slide! Slide! Who the f#ck was arguing with me about LUCK!?!?! Huh? lol Who the hell was trying to debate with me the "luck factor" in the NBA. Some things, you just can't plan for and a lot of times they make all the difference. You could not have told me we'd be owning the 3rd seed in the East, while maintaining a lottery pick in a potentially LOADED draft.You could not have told me....we'd have this opportunity by trading Joe Johnson.You could not have told me...that someone would have taken JJ and his contract off our hands.

GTFO man...lol. Get all the way out. Not just out of the house, but out of the yard, and off of my street. Get out of town. lol Luck is a factor. The key is just being in the right place at the right time and well folks...we have to credit Danny Ferry for that. No doubt. There is no way you can plan for this kind of fortune, and he may have stumbled into it, but I have to give the man his due for us being in this position.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If you are a true hawks fan you'll know the breaks never fully go our way. But this may be a game changer for the organization. Looking Dante Exum up and down right now.

Hate it had to come off the misfortune of another team but it is what it is.

We are DUE for some damn luck man. Seriously.

• Like 3

Another somewhat positive sign. Pistons,Bobcats and Wizards are starting to play better. Cavs seem to be finding themselves as well. If MCW can stay healthy. 76ers become better. More teams to hopefully leap ahead of the Nets in this very weak East. All we need is a chance in the lottery of striking gold.

Man if we could land Parker or another stud SF in this draft and then a quality big in next years draft with a top 10 pick from the Nets. We will be legit contenders for the first time since I have been a Hawks fan. And these guys will be on rookie contracts so it wont kill our cap space.

• Like 1

Call it luck if you like. Many thought Brook had a high risk factor. Just hope Ferry can keep up the good..; eh luck

Yea, there's a reason why foot injuries to big men are considered death knells. Bones in your feet are already notorious for not healing well due to poor blood flow now throw on top of them a guy who is 260 and 7 feet.This has a huge impact for them. KG is already on a minutes cap, increasing them isn't going to make him less likely to wear down. Blatche has taken a step back from his breakout season and they have the wrong Plumlee in their center rotation. May have to consider small ball to get through the season.Brook needs to heed the warning of Yao Ming. He doesn't owe it to rush back for these geezers. Worry about your own future, young fella. Don't be another offensively gifted big man cut down in his prime.
  • Like 1

Happy Days are Here Again!

Not that I root for anyone to get hurt, but wow what a break for the Hawks (pun attended). Brook Lopez out for the rest of the year with a broken foot. This has to help our status of getting a high draft pick from the Nets.

Go Hawks!

• Moderators

Load the car, and write the note.

Grab your bag, and grab your coat.

Tell the ones that need to know...

We are headed NORTH. {in the lottery}

One foot in, and one foot back... {the 2013 playoffs}

But it don't pay, to live like that.

So just cut the ties, just jump the tracks.

For two years, don't return...

Ah, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, take me in.

Are you aware the shape WE'RE in?

My hands, they shake, my head, it spins!

Ah, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, take me in!

~lw3

• Like 4

Thanks Mods for moving my post here. Didn't see the pinned topic until after I posted the thread.Squawk mods are like the Secret Service. Always aware of everything.

Ha you aren't the only one I've merged this injury topic 6 times already into this one from new posts made, though 3 were duplicates by PaceRam lol

Ha you aren't the only one I've merged this injury topic 6 times already into this one from new posts made, though 3 were duplicates by PaceRam lol

PaceRam is a great customer, very loyal.Sincerely,Starbucks