• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

Deron has been awesome since coming back ... Losing Lopez has been a big blow but they still have a lot of talent and the rest of the east keep losing. We need Deron to go down again. ( sorry dol)

I agree with this. I mean Deron is the head of the snake. I'm scared that losing Lopez isnt enough if KG all of a sudden finds the fountain of youth and starts playing well. I'm still also scared that they could trade for a Pau Gasol and bounce right back. For me to feel better, unfortunately Deron needs to go down.

Did anyone mention that Brook Lopez is probably done for the season?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/12/21/brooklyn-nets-brook-lopez-injury-broken-foot/4156351/

My bad it was mentioned.

LOL I thought this was a joke at first. I merged at least 10 new threads into this one yesterday. It was like Black Friday up in here it was so chaotic!

Man, I got excited too about the Brook news, but still trying to keep calm until there is only 15 games left.As far as the East goes, we have just enough teams trying to win I think.MiamiIndianaAtlantaDetroitWashingtonClevelandChicagoCharlotte - I thinkBut as others have said, it's that Atlantic division that the problem.Brooklyn and New York are the only two teams that really want to win there and NY might be worse. Boston and Toronto are both better right now but I think everyone agrees that their ultimate plan is to be in the lottery this year. The fact that NY and Brooklyn are so bad is probably driving those front offices mad.Anyway, so here we are heading to a 1/3 of the season and Brooklyn is only 2 games back of the Division lead, so I'm pumping my jets until they continue to suck.But damn I want their lottery pick.

• Like 2

• Moderators

...and there's a couple reinforcements coming Brooklyn's way soon, although not at center.

Toko Shengelia will likely get a call-up soon as well from the D-League.

~lw3

Plus being over the tax they have to send out more salary than they take in. At least I believe that's the case.

DAMMIT STOP SPREADING LIES!!!!

You are confused with sign and trades and being above the apron (which is a threshold that is a little higher than the luxury tax). You cannot accept a player in a sign and trade when above the apron.

Brooklyn can accept 125% + $100k in incoming salary. Then add in the potential disabled player exception (which can be used on ONE and only ONE player) and they have lots of moves available.

DAMMIT STOP SPREADING LIES!!!!

You are confused with sign and trades and being above the apron (which is a threshold that is a little higher than the luxury tax). You cannot accept a player in a sign and trade when above the apron.

Brooklyn can accept 125% + $100k in incoming salary. Then add in the potential disabled player exception (which can be used on ONE and only ONE player) and they have lots of moves available.

O K