• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap...

Diesel

Millsap was signed to a contract that signaled that we would trade him within the next year and a 1/2. The question is: Do we have the stomach to trade him or will he become a sacred cow in Atlanta??

No such thing as a sacred cow. Not on our team. But he is a hell of a player. Quality for quality or no deal.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations with Paul... I still am dumbfounded on how or why he signed with our boyz and at the price he did. You can say Ferry's feather in his cap is getting rid of JJ and his huge contract, or Marvin...but I think getting Sap here for that deal ranks right there.

That being said, hell no! We don't trade him! We're a playoff team, and he's solid and cheap!! If anything, I think we ride out his short contract and seriously look and re-signing him. He'll be 29.

I just love his demeanor. If there is ever a stereotype on a player, it's him. I just picture him showing up to practice with a hard hat on, orange vest, and a lunch box...

How can a guy signed to a 2 year deal be a Sacred Cow? What the hell is a sacred cow btw? There is no GAURANTEE that Millsap will be traded or not traded. Ferry can also keep him, resign him to a cheaper deal in 2 years (he will be 30). He can be a bench player then.The possibilities are endless because we are FLEXIBLE -at least wait until we've played more than 9 games to make such declarative statements.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think the deal was we gave him good money on a short deal. He saw that if things go well its a good place to play, if not he isn't stuck laboring for the jazz for 4 years again.

I don't think the Jazz would have paid him; but looking at their struggling team now they should have. Then they would have a good contract to move as their team is crap TBH.

• Premium Member

the idea that we signed him so we can trade him to houston is dumb. If houston wanted him so badly they could of just signed and traded with utah over the summer. Im sure utah would of been more than happy to have gotten something for milsap instead of nothing.

Houston didn't have the cap space to sign him and Howard so ...yeah. And Utah wouldn't want anything back from Houston as they are clearly in full on tank mode as that crazy trade with the Warriors showed.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations with Paul... I still am dumbfounded on how or why he signed with our boyz and at the price he did. You can say Ferry's feather in his cap is getting rid of JJ and his huge contract, or Marvin...but I think getting Sap here for that deal ranks right there.

That being said, hell no! We don't trade him! We're a playoff team, and he's solid and cheap!! If anything, I think we ride out his short contract and seriously look and re-signing him. He'll be 29.

I just love his demeanor. If there is ever a stereotype on a player, it's him. I just picture him showing up to practice with a hard hat on, orange vest, and a lunch box...

didnt the fact that he had a pretty poor year with Utah last year have anything to do with him taking the offer here?

Go Hawks!

I think we got milsap on a good deal cause the league is saturated with PFs especially undersized ones just look at how many we have on our roster! so the market for him wasnt that great so Ferry was able to take advantage of that

Similar to why we were able to keep teague for 8 mil.

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member

What is the signal?

It's been called a good contract. However, the truth is no GM wants to have a good player with a 2 year deal. That is too quick of a turn around to start renegotiations. That's a player you really can't plan a future around. BUT... the contract is one that is a big help to a team looking for capspace in 2015.

• Premium Member

A review of the past few months on HS:"Free agents never want to sign with Atlanta." Paul Millsap signs with Atlanta. "Let's trade Paul Millsap!"

The word has been trade Millsap as soon as Josh to Houston for Asik failed.

• Premium Member

And if another team is offering Houston more in a deal for Asik, how does that work?Like say NO. Houston wants a stretch 4 to work with Howard. Just saying.

N.O. is not giving up Anderson. They have the same need for Davis.