• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap...

Diesel

Houston didn't have the cap space to sign him and Howard so ...yeah. And Utah wouldn't want anything back from Houston as they are clearly in full on tank mode as that crazy trade with the Warriors showed.

Still wouldn't have stopped the Jazz from flipping Sap for Asik themselves and then finding a future deal to recoup picks and young talent for Asik or the Rockets just dumping Asik to whatever team with cap (say, like the Hawks in the first place) to create the space to sign both Dwight and Sap. It's a flimsy theory all around.

• Premium Member

I don't think the Jazz would have paid him; but looking at their struggling team now they should have. Then they would have a good contract to move as their team is crap TBH.

The Jazz wanted to struggle. They are in full tank mode on purpose. They renounced Millsap and Jefferson. They traded for those guys from GS with First round picks... and they are developing Favors, Hayward, and Kanter. It's freakin Brilliant. At the end of the day, they may have: Kanter, Favors, Wiggins, Hayward, and Burke.... with 2 other young guns on the bench.

That's what you call a rebuild.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Still wouldn't have stopped the Jazz from flipping Sap for Asik themselves and then finding a future deal to recoup picks and young talent for Asik or the Rockets just dumping Asik to whatever team with cap (say, like the Hawks in the first place) to create the space to sign both Dwight and Sap. It's a flimsy theory all around.

Couple of things. Utah were using their capspace to get picks.. Utah don't need Asik. Asik's contract is a ????. Utah wants to tank. Asik would have complained Louder sitting on the bench behind Kanter. Here's the thing you're missing: Utah let their starting C and Starting PF go for NOTHING. They renounced them for Capspace and they were not attempting a run at Dwight Howard. They renounced Millsap before Dwight signed with Houston so there was no shot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Couple of things. Utah were using their capspace to get picks.. Utah don't need Asik. Asik's contract is a ????. Utah wants to tank. Asik would have complained Louder sitting on the bench behind Kanter. Here's the thing you're missing: Utah let their starting C and Starting PF go for NOTHING. They renounced them for Capspace and they were not attempting a run at Dwight Howard. They renounced Millsap before Dwight signed with Houston so there was no shot.

Diesel is exactly correct. Utah didn't need or want Asik. They already had replacements for Jefferson and Millsap in Favors and Kanter. They renounced both of them so they had no interest at all in trying to take something back for them. Look at the Warriors trade they pulled off after that. They clearly want to tank.

And Houston dumping Asik to a team with cap space like they did with Thomas Robinson et al. in order to sign Dwight in the first place? Where is the glowing theory behind that grave omission? Wouldn't flipping Asik for picks and getting Millsap from the start of the season beat out flipping Asik directly for Sap months later?

didnt the fact that he had a pretty poor year with Utah last year have anything to do with him taking the offer here?

Go Hawks!

I think he was ready to move on and switch scenery from Utah. My guess is that he could have signed some place other than Atlanta for more money. I think Ferry sold him on something...whatever it was.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And Houston dumping Asik to a team with cap space like they did with Thomas Robinson et al. in order to sign Dwight in the first place? Where is the glowing theory behind that grave omission? Wouldn't flipping Asik for picks and getting Millsap from the start of the season beat out flipping Asik directly for Sap months later?

Not if they couldn't flip Asik because tanking teams wanted to, ya know, tank.

Not if they couldn't flip Asik because tanking teams wanted to, ya know, tank.

Because the Mavs, Hawks, Blazers, Nuggets, etc. were all.....tanking? Cap space == Tanking.I mean, your whole theory on the"wink wink" deal is that the Hawks intend to trade Sap for Asik.....when they could have just traded for Asik and Houston could have signed Sap in July. Why the need for this lil circuitous gambit? Because it's a flimsy theory.

Because the Mavs, Hawks, Blazers, Nuggets, etc. were all.....tanking?Cap space == Tanking.I mean, your whole theory on the"wink wink" deal is that the Hawks intend to trade Sap for Asik.....when they could have just traded for Asik and Houston could have signed Sap in July. Why the need for this lil circuitous gambit? Because it's a flimsy theory.

The Hawks can't sign a player and then trade him.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

The Hawks can't sign a player and then trade him.

Is there some sort of software that is changing what I type to something else?I'll put this as simple as possible.Rockets want Sap. Rockets can't afford Sap.Hawks want Center.Hawks have money for Center but no Center want sign.Hawks trade for Center .Rockets afford Sap.

• Premium Member

Because the Mavs, Hawks, Blazers, Nuggets, etc. were all.....tanking?Cap space == Tanking.I mean, your whole theory on the"wink wink" deal is that the Hawks intend to trade Sap for Asik.....when they could have just traded for Asik and Houston could have signed Sap in July. Why the need for this lil circuitous gambit? Because it's a flimsy theory.

Or Mlilsap could have wanted a better deal and had to settle for this knowing he would be flipped later? Not everything follows a direct timeline. I'm sure Millsap thought he was going to get a better contract that a two year deal from Atlanta.

Btw I'm not saying it is a definite gonna happen deal, just a thought.

Anyone can lie but Asik and Horford would be a good PF/C tandem and that would improve Jeff and Kyle on defense as well. While Asik can't shoot, he can set picks as good as anyone in the NBA.

I agree with Asik and Horford being a good F/C combo. We would statistically have the best rebounding frontcourt in the league. Last year in 30 mins asik nearly 12 rebounds a game! and we would no longer get punked inside by the chicagos and the indianas of the league.

Im honestly tired of having an undersized frontcourt. The undersized frontcourt formula hasnt worked and has got us killed in the playoffs. So why keep doing it if you are actually serious about winning?

• Premium Member

Anyone can lie but Asik and Horford would be a good PF/C tandem and that would improve Jeff and Kyle on defense as well. While Asik can't shoot, he can set picks as good as anyone in the NBA.

Just when you consider that we're in a conference with Lopez, Hibbert, Hawes, Gortat, and others... who I may have missed.. it makes sense that we would have a guy who can body up with those guys night in and night out. Also, Horf has been calling for this... and It adds a shot blocker/rebounder in the low post. It's a good deal for both teams. That's rare.

I would rather stick with Milsap for now. Asik isn't gonig to get us any closer to a title. it will just change the way we get to a first round exit with a slight chance of second round which is where we already are. I don't see a point in getting a big just to say we got a big.

I feel your pain Mace. Everything you are saying makes complete sense.

• Like 2

We probably can get Spencer Hawes (who is better than Asik) cheaper.

He's closer in ability to Milsap than Asik but Asik answers a lot of our needs. Defense, size, getting an anchor back since Josh is gone, and someone who can rebound on the offensive boards. Both players allow Horf to go to play his true position.