• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons, The Rematch

lethalweapon3

A Detroit Fan said:

"I'm impressed with Atlanta. They really play composed and everyone seems to know their roles this year. These last two games are a huge difference from what I'm used to seeing from them. It's early but what a difference a good coach makes huh?"

Great win for the Hawks!! I really wanted this win being up here in Piston land. There weren't a lot of Hawks fans at the palace but Antić had a really huge following. I'll post more about my experience with all of the Detroit faithful later.For now, GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

Where was Lou?

He came back earlier than expected (December) and he's playing his way

back into basketball shape, so he stayed home, resting for the Saturday

night game against Boston.

Nice to have a rested Lou tomorrow night.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

Where was Lou?

He came back earlier than expected (December) and he's playing his way

back into basketball shape, so he stayed home, resting for the Saturday

night game against Boston.

Nice to have a rested Lou tomorrow night.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

A Detroit Fan said:

"I'm impressed with Atlanta. They really play composed and everyone seems to know their roles this year. These last two games are a huge difference from what I'm used to seeing from them. It's early but what a difference a good coach makes huh?"

I wonder if it is that we have a coach or that we have coachable players? Joe, your thoughts??

Btw - Steve Holman on 929 said that Josh was benched for the start because he stayed in Atlanta yesterday instead of going back to Detroit with the team and missed practice. That was his punishment.

Cheeks said in his post-game presser the practice was not planned though. So why bench him.

Ooooo...but then there is this:

Joe Dumars was just asked about Josh Smith being benched for missing practice and his response was, "It's deeper than that."

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Ooooo...but then there is this:

Joe Dumars was just asked about Josh Smith being benched for missing practice and his response was, "It's deeper than that."

DUN-DUN-DUN....

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

~lw3

How long before Josh is Villanueva status and at the end of the bench, only to returm in garbage time? He could be there by the end of this year. Let Singler develop. Mo Cheeks is from the 70s and 80s, out the Chi. He won't allow Josh to make a fool of him, himself, the Pistons, and the game.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Cheeks said in his post-game presser the practice was not planned though. So why bench him. Ooooo...but then there is this: Joe Dumars was just asked about Josh Smith being benched for missing practice and his response was, "It's deeper than that."

Ouch!!!He sure didn't help himself with his performance this evening!You think they're regretting giving him that deal already???... And DF winds up smelling like a rose again ...

Greetings all!! Long-time Hawks fan since the mid-80's here. Been reading this board for a lot of years, and finally decided to create an account about a week ago, so this is my first post.

I'm so excited about this team. I don't think we have a chance to win a championship this year, but this team is so fun to watch, and I love our Coach!! Our offensive play has gotten me so excited, especially considering that it's so early into it's implementation. And, our guys have great chemistry, and are really playing hard. So excited for the first time I can remember about this team.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Greetings all!! Long-time Hawks fan since the mid-80's here. Been reading this board for a lot of years, and finally decided to create an account about a week ago, so this is my first post.

I'm so excited about this team. I don't think we have a chance to win a championship this year, but this team is so fun to watch, and I love our Coach!! Our offensive play has gotten me so excited, especially considering that it's so early into it's implementation. And, our guys have great chemistry, and are really playing hard. So excited for the first time I can remember about this team.

Welcome! Glad to have ya. Go Hawks!

~lw3