• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's the plan again?

Diesel

• Premium Member

After the draft, here was the plan for most of the Squawkers...

Well, maybe I should say after we signed Teague...

1. Let Teague increase his value and trade him to make room for Dennis.

2. Let Millsap increase his value and trade him for a big to play beside Horf.

3. Set the table for a Bebe/Horf/Jenkins/Dennis future.

Well, let's evaluate what has happened.....

1. Teague is having a break out season and thus far is prolly our team MVP.

2. Millsap is prolly our second best player and has really stretched out offensively and defensively.

3. Horf has disappeared under the scrunity that the PNR can bring to players with no goto moves.

4. Dennis has found his comfort on the bench.

5. John Jenkins can't buy a ticket into the game and when he does get in, he sucks.

6. Mike Scott has made himself a valuable asset off the bench.

7. Every Euro Center we have suck.

8. Kover has been steady.

So here's what we have to ask ourselves...

Are we the type of team who will evaluate midseason and determine that the original path is not one that we will follow based on the data....

or

Do we stick with the original blueprint... no matter what?

or

Do we take advantage of our weakness and get in there with Utah, Milwaukee, and NY to try to get a lottery pick??

I would always hold on to Horford and Teague and make trades happen for C and SF. Untill then this team is rabble and I dont get why Bud is trying so hard to win with this team and isnt developing the talent on the bench in name of Schröder. All he did was making rookie mistakes and the few minutes he got with Mack injured where showing progress again. Young PG dudes need to be allowed to make mistakes, as long as they show a willingness to learn and progress. Mack 1st and 2nd quarter against the Mavs lead a team scoring 2 points in 5 minutes. How about that?

I don't have an answer to your ultimate question, but have a few ideas for some improvement. I don't think this year is the year we make a big trade unless something really good comes along. I think Ferry's idea is to wait for the next Harden type deal to come along. (At least I hope he has some sort of plan like that.) In the meantime, Jenkins and Dennis need a confidence boost. I'd buy Jenkins a round trip ticket to the D-league kind of like he did last year. Even though he only played a few games there, he came back with a lot more confidence. For Dennis, I'd buy a one way ticket to the D-league and think about a return ticket after he's played a while down there.

You criticize Horford even though he's playing the same way he's always played for us. That sounds like more of a problem with your own expectations. The truth is that he's matched his career high in PER this year, his scoring is up by 2 points on a per 36 basis from last year and he's also doubled his shot blocking per 36. Rebounding is down but I suspect that's because of our team rebounding philosophy.Millsap has been great but he's had plenty of moments where he's been inconsistent and he hasn't rebounded well either. His 3pt shooting and shot blocking have been impressive though!Neither guy could take Gortat or Nene off the dribble last night or score with their back to the basket so that should tell you a lot about them.Teague started off on an all star level but he's been hot garbage the past 2 weeks. Outside of the Mavs game (and their world class awful defensive backcourt) he's been bad since Nov 15th against the Sixers.

Well for starters, we're not tanking so we'll have to hope that Brooklyn joins Utah, and Milwaukee at the bottom of the league (which I think is possible).As for the other two questions, I think some trade rumors will start popping off after Dec.15, so we'll have an idea then of how Ferry views the team.

Horford has been the best player, along with Millsap. Certainly a gap after those 2 but not a big gap.

Win Shares

[*]Millsap - 1.5 (.139 PER48)

[*]Horford - 1.5 (.121 PER48)

[*]Korver - 1.2 (.115 PER48)

[*]Teague - 1.2 (.099 PER48)

[*]DMC - 1.1 (.093 PER48)

Here's your "team MVP" Jeff Teague when it matters

Show me where anyone is near Al this season?

Err...

Horford has been the best player, along with Millsap. Certainly a gap after those 2 but not a big gap.

Win Shares

[*]Millsap - 1.5 (.139 PER48)

[*]Horford - 1.5 (.121 PER48)

[*]Korver - 1.2 (.115 PER48)

[*]Teague - 1.2 (.099 PER48)

[*]DMC - 1.1 (.093 PER48)

I find it unreal anyone can seriously suggest Teague has been our best player so far when it is hands down Al Horford. Teague had a hot start and has completely crashed back down to Earth.

It is a pointless to debate who the Hawks best player is. The unfortunate reality is that no one on the roster is the true franchise talent the team needs to go beyond an annual first round exit from the playoffs.

• Premium Member

You criticize Horford even though he's playing the same way he's always played for us. That sounds like more of a problem with your own expectations. The truth is that he's matched his career high in PER this year, his scoring is up by 2 points on a per 36 basis from last year and he's also doubled his shot blocking per 36. Rebounding is down but I suspect that's because of our team rebounding philosophy.

IF you're talking about my expectations for Horf, I never had any... I have always recognized that he was not a lead scorer because of the lack of a goto move. I figured he'd work better in a PNR but not much. Whereas Teague, I expected, still expect him to have a near allstar year.

IF you're talking about my expectations for Horf, I never had any... I have always recognized that he was not a lead scorer because of the lack of a goto move. I figured he'd work better in a PNR but not much. Whereas Teague, I expected, still expect him to have a near allstar year.

I'm talking about the general Hawks fan expectations for Horford and how it's out of line. Same kind of thing that some of you are putting on Teague and why you're seeing him fail in the bright lights of success.