• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chad Ford suggests Millsap for Asik/Jones in chat today

Admin

I'm not a fan of Millsap for Asik but I wouldn't hesitate about this with the inclusion of Terrence Jones, who's really shined since he's gotten a chance to play regular minutes. What do you guys think? Any chance the Rockets would actually trade Jones to get out of Asik's contract and get the "veteran PF" that Ford says they want?

Sorry no link I read this on the Bleacher Report Team Stream

• Like 1

The team might lose even more games because Sap is a better 4th qtr player than Horf is. So this trade might lead to more losses. This trade would leave the Hawks with only Teague as someone that can score some in the 4th... Until Lou gets his legs back in under him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

The team might lose even more games because Sap is a better 4th qtr player than Horf is. So this trade might lead to more losses. This trade would leave the Hawks with only Teague as someone that can score some in the 4th... Until Lou gets his legs back in under him.

Al is a good 4th quarter player just looking at the stats via Basketball-reference. Clearly, you feel he has underachieved but the numbers do not back it up. I think Al catches way too much shit on this site sometimes.

• Like 2

I don't think some of you guys realize how good Terrence Jones is and how incredible he's been playing. I suggest going and looking at his game log from the past 10 games...

It's easy to be a stretch four next to Dwight Howard. Draws doubles, protects the paint at an extremely level, you can just focus on what you do. If Terrance Jones was on this team, he wouldn't be that good at all. I don't think he is good right now. Just solid. Milsap is a clear upgrade over him but I wouldn't trade Jones either. I would want him off the bench like Orlando did for Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass.

• Moderators

Honestly, I thought Jones' recent play would mean that the Rockets no longer wanted to trade for a PF and they would have told Asik to suck it up on the pine. IDK,,, I really hate Asik coming to Atlanta, but having Jones behind Horford really makes us deep. I think if I was Danny, I'd be looking for a third team to get involved. Maybe since Iggy is in GS and with GS sliding, maybe go after Harrison Barnes? Asik, Jones, and Barnes for Millsap, Jenkins, and Ayón is a nice haul. Would probably take a pick or two to entice GS though. Thoughts on Wilson Chandler? IDK, Barnes or Chandler's advance numbers this year aren't that great... I still rather see us just ride this team into the offseason... :(

• Admin

I have become a big Milsap fan even though I didn't like the signing initially and was one of the big Milsap / Asik trade guys.

However, he has really won me over and I now wouldn't do it for just Asik...however, for Asik and Jones I would def consider it.

Like Dolfan has said...Jones has really stepped it up this season and has become a really good pf. I would feel comfortable with that trade as we also get a defensive center who rebounds and moves Al to PF but we get a nice young dynamic PF to backup Al or to play along side him when we move Al to center.

• Like 2

I wouldn't do it for simple fact of Terrence Jones' emergence is only due to Howard drawing a ton of defensive attention. The kid has been somewhat ass cheeks since he got into the league. Poor man's Lamar Odom if you ask me.. I pass..

Uhh what? Jones is 21 and barely into his 2nd year in the league and he's become an impactful player on both ends of the floor.
  • Like 1

I actually watch a lot of Rox games because a good friend of mine is a Rox fan. T Jones is a really good up n coming player. The guy starts for the Rox and actually ignites their play by hustle and energy. Those who are saying that Jones is getting his numbers because of Dwight being doubled don't watch actual arox games.If I'm the Hawks, I pull the trigger on this.Gimme T Jones...Gimme Lamb from okc...love them both.

Al is a good 4th quarter player just looking at the stats via Basketball-reference. Clearly, you feel he has underachieved but the numbers do not back it up. I think Al catches way too much shit on this site sometimes.

Where was Al last night? Did he even attempt a shot in the 4th? Maybe one?

No, I haven't looked at any stats... But I'm not seeing a guy that wants to get it done in the 4th. Maybe he will do ok against some of the mediocre or bad teams, but you don't want to have to count on him otherwise. Which is why coach seems to be drawing up plays for Korver and others during crunch time.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

If Jones is so good and perfect for the Rockets, then why would they trade him?

My only guess us that they have Parsons who seemingly does what T Jones is doing. They kind of need a guy like Millsap. He would fit with them perfectly, which is why on some levels I hate trading with them. I want Morey and Dwight to suffer lol