• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chad Ford suggests Millsap for Asik/Jones in chat today

Admin

Don't know why they'd want him.

I see they are talking about trading varejo for him but surely the rockets would rather have milsap if offered.

saw another trade sending Deng to Houston, Lin/brand/dmc to chicago and asik to atlanta. That's pretty damn good for us to get asik and only give us brand and dmc.

That makes our starting lineup... what?

Teague

Korver

Martin??

Horford

Asik

I'm not one who believes this year is all that important, and I like Martin well enough as a bench player, but you got problems if you're starting Cartier Martin.

So let me ask you guys some questions here.. Im all for the Asik trade too as long as it involves T. Jones but I also know that this is a high reward, high risk move! Do you guys not see that or maybe you have more faith in the hawks offense with a milsap departure than I do, so I just have to ask 3 questions! 1-Aren't you concerned about the hawks offense with milsap gone? I get Asik will probably help horford score more points on offense just because he's playing center but thats not a guaranteed offensive impact compared to milsap for the whole team. 2-Do you real trust Horford and Teague to lead us in offense every game? Don't get me wrong I like them as much as you do but lets be realistic lately milsaps offense has been a need! 3-Have you thought about this.lets say Asik comes and improves our defense and rebounding but our offense struggles. Then we will have a bunch of hawk fans complaining about how we need a scorer which in some cases we still need a scorer even with milsap some games. Have you not realized its just as hard to find a scorer just like it is a defensive, rebounding center like Asik? Just saying guys while this trade sounds great rebounding wise and defensively for our whole team. But my biggest concern when I start to look over the trade is that we are putting ourselves in another scenario of needing a scorer and thats just as hard to find as a rebound machine rim protector like Asik! I know we need Asik but we also will need a scorer (AGAIN) once milsap is gone.

It will remove a need and add depth. Even now, we still need a scorer. However, if Asik works out defensively that'll eliminate that need. That way when we get a #1 scoring option through the draft or free agency we can seriously talk about contending for a title.

It will remove a need and add depth. Even now, we still need a scorer. However, if Asik works out defensively that'll eliminate that need. That way when we get a #1 scoring option through the draft or free agency we can seriously talk about contending for a title.

We can't just make this trade and depend on getting a number one scoring option in the draft or free agency cause number one scoring options don't come here. It's great that we have 4 guys who can score the ball! 2 are guards and 2 are bigs.If we were guranteed to sign a number one scoring option that like being sure we are going to sign a stat player like melo this off season and we just can't make a trade like that with those assumptions.

We clearly need a number one scoring option either way. You might as well get the other big need which is a rebounding defensive anchor big man. You can cross that off the list and you go from there. I think you guys are still a little too concerned about this season instead of the future. Because lets be honest, Miami and the Pacers will still have their way with this team as it is right now. Sure Millsap has been good but he was signed cheap for one reason and that was to eventually get flipped. If you're not going to flip him to get the scoring option or big man we actually need going forward than it's a waste of time because he's leaving in less than two years to get a big pay day.

Sure there's no guarantee that you're going to get that scoring option in the draft or free agency but there's no guarantee you're going to get another chance at a C like this either. Obviously Jones and/or a 1st rounder need to be included for us but if that's not a problem then I wouldn't worry about who's going to score. This team is pretty much ride the hot hand of the night anyway so I don't see how that would change. At least you have a guy that will stop teams from getting second chance points and losing leads down the stretch like we've done before. Seems like that would balance itself out so we don't have to score so much to win.

The problem with getting "rebounding machine" Omer Asik in Bud's system is the fact that he doesn't care at all about offensive rebounding, one of Asik's biggest strengths. His value is a lot less to Ferry/Bud than the rest of the league for that reason alone.

Also, our perimeter defense is way worse than our post defense. I have been extremely impressed with Elton on D and i'm not sure if Asik (seeing him this year) can do that much better D'ing up the post.

The problem with getting "rebounding machine" Omer Asik in Bud's system is the fact that he doesn't care at all about offensive rebounding, one of Asik's biggest strengths. His value is a lot less to Ferry/Bud than the rest of the league for that reason alone. Also, our perimeter defense is way worse than our post defense. I have been extremely impressed with Elton on D and i'm not sure if Asik (seeing him this year) can do that much better D'ing up the post.

I disagree Asik fits perfectly with buds system and will protect our paint leaving the other hawks to put more focus on perimeter defense.It's clear Asik can be our defensive anchor and will make it way tougher to drop points on us in the paint while holding the paint down on his own.Also brand just doesn't play enough minutes to get the acknowledgement of what Asik will bring to the table in terms of defense. Trust me Asik on this team boost defense and rebounds by miles. Edited by JTB