• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Date Night at Philips Arena

curtmcgirt

• Moderators

Me and wife normally go to Dantana's (in CNN Center) before the games. Its nothing special............just a normal little sports bar but nicer then an Applebees.

I proposed to her at Phillips during a Hawks game. Had it arranged to do the Home Depot free throw game during a time out. After the 3rd free throw they spun her around and I was on me knee with the ring. Harry the Hawk was their with a dozen roses. They put "Will you Marry Me" on the score board. Home Depot gave us a bunch of goodies. We then moved 5th row to courtside seats. The Hawks even gave us DVD of the event.

Getting a little nastalgic talking about date night at a Hawks game. Today is our 4th anniversary. I proposed about 6 years ago there on a cold Friday night. We were playing the Washington Wizards back when they were pretty good (Jameison, Arenas, Butler, Hughes, and Heywood days ).

I was at this game! Way to go! :-)

Now, if you or the missus were unfortunate to have heard some jerk screaming "Don't Do It!" from the upper bowl, I apologize on behalf of my drunk friend!

~lw3

Duffman, Abattoir has a drink with a bacon swizzle stick. Let that marinate for a bit.

Literally marinate!

~lw3

• Like 2

Duffman, Abattoir has a drink with a bacon swizzle stick. Let that marinate for a bit.

I do love the idea. There is a bar near me that does a lumberjack shot with a piece of bacon in it. Tastes like breakfast!

Me and wife normally go to Dantana's (in CNN Center) before the games. Its nothing special............just a normal little sports bar but nicer then an Applebees.

I proposed to her at Phillips during a Hawks game. Had it arranged to do the Home Depot free throw game during a time out. After the 3rd free throw they spun her around and I was on me knee with the ring. Harry the Hawk was their with a dozen roses. They put "Will you Marry Me" on the score board. Home Depot gave us a bunch of goodies. We then moved 5th row to courtside seats. The Hawks even gave us DVD of the event.

Getting a little nastalgic talking about date night at a Hawks game. Today is our 4th anniversary. I proposed about 6 years ago there on a cold Friday night. We were playing the Washington Wizards back when they were pretty good (Jameison, Arenas, Butler, Hughes, and Heywood days ).

Huh, I was there! Was on a date too, as it happens. She broke up with me a week later because I wasn't there enough, so thanks for that. Thought it was true love ... I was in the 9th grade.

No joke! Weird coincidence.

• Like 2

I was at this game! Way to go! :-)

Now, if you or the missus were unfortunate to have heard some jerk screaming "Don't Do It!" from the upper bowl, I apologize on behalf of my drunk friend!

~lw3

Literally marinate!

~lw3

That is funny you bring that up. You can actually hear your friend yell "Don't Do It !" on the DVD the Hawks gave us. Its funny. The place was totally quiet as I proposed. You could have heard a pen drop. My wife was so shocked she couldn't even talk. She could only nod yes with tears in her eyes.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2