• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching finally wins us a game

gsuteke

I think we got a tad lucky and AL was a serious hero tonight. We let them back in the game and they got the lead... then AL made those two FTs to take it to O.T.(thank heavens). AL should have had 40+ points tonight if we concentrated more on our mismatch....but we did better than usual.

Milsap "barely missed" multiple shots inside - if he had been more on his game this would have been an 8 point win in regulation.

Overall a great game to watch and chat about though. Now let's beat the Knicks.

Coaching has won us many games...we wouldn't be second in apg if Drew was still our coachBut this is bud's first buzzer beater on drawn up play win

I'm glad coach Bud is here and I wasn't a huge fan of LD, but we were second in the league in assists per game last year as well.

Actually, we are averaging 24.5 assists and 14.3 turnovers so far this season. Last years averages? 24.5 and 14.3.

Coaching has won us many games...we wouldn't be second in apg if Drew was still our coachBut this is bud's first buzzer beater on drawn up play win

Weren't we second in assists last year?

You do realize the Hawks average the same number of assists as they did a year ago, right?

There is nothing special about Bud.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

You do realize the Hawks average the same number of assists as they did a year ago, right?

There is nothing special about Bud.

yea except there is a whole different style of basketball being implemented this year

last year we overachieved with an amazing start and then faltered down the stretch

but the n0mbers are the same, everything must be the same!

give in to your hate, Hots :p

Go Hawks!

yea except there is a whole different style of basketball being implemented this year

last year we overachieved with an amazing start and then faltered down the stretch

but the n0mbers are the same, everything must be the same!

give in to your hate, Hots Posted Image

Go Hawks!

Of course it is a different style... There is no denying that when this team losses it is usually because of the flaws in the way the team is built and less about the mistakes and selfish play. This team was always built poorly, but in the past they lost a lot of games due to mistakes also. That hasn't happened as much this season. But at the end of the day, I believe he is still a B- version of Pop at best. I'm still not sure he can command greatness from a team. We will see.

Of course it is a different style... There is no denying that when this team losses it is usually because of the flaws in the way the team is built and less about the mistakes and selfish play. This team was always built poorly, but in the past they lost a lot of games due to mistakes also. That hasn't happened as much this season. But at the end of the day, I believe he is still a B- version of Pop at best. I'm still not sure he can command greatness from a team. We will see.

Until Bud proves us wrong in the playoffs, I think this is a fair evaluation of him. I've been pleased with what he's done, but there's no reason to get too excited.

But at the end of the day, I believe he is still a B- version of Pop at best. I'm still not sure he can command greatness from a team. We will see.

B-version? Command greatness?Having A-talent sure would make a difference.

I thought it was interesting to take a stroll down Popovich's first team where Bob Hill coached them to a 3-15 record and then Pop took over for 17-47 to finish the season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/1997.html

Check out that roster! There were 3 future head coaches (Del Negro, Avery Johnson, Monty Williams) and 2 color commentators (Nique, Sean Elliot). I may have missed others on there that proceeded to do something important post-basketball, but that is cool.