• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Speaking of Childress....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I half mentioned him in a previous post and we all know that Chilly Chills is like catnip to Diesel.

Nope, stick a fork in him, Chills is done. No one has need for a 6'7" 200 pound PF which is what his game always resembled.

I'm sure somebody said the same thing about Diaw before he became a Spur.

I was just watching Kenny Smith talk about the Spurs picking up players that fit a certain style. I think one of those styles is efficient scorer. Now while Chillz haven't looked good since Phoenix (lack of minutes) I think that he's style young and he's a guy who knows how to work a baseline. I'm not calling him a starter, but in an offense that utilizes movement without the ball, Chillz has to be a guy that you would want to take a look at since he's league min cheap.

• Like 1

I'm sure somebody said the same thing about Diaw before he became a Spur.

I was just watching Kenny Smith talk about the Spurs picking up players that fit a certain style. I think one of those styles is efficient scorer. Now while Chillz haven't looked good since Phoenix (lack of minutes) I think that he's style young and he's a guy who knows how to work a baseline. I'm not calling him a starter, but in an offense that utilizes movement without the ball, Chillz has to be a guy that you would want to take a look at since he's league min cheap.

Uhh Diaw was awesome with the Suns. Childress had perhaps the worst season ever for a guy who played regular minutes. He set the record for most games (or minutes) played without making a FT for an ENTIRE SEASON. No thanks there's no place in the NBA for a guy like Childress.

• Like 3

Strangely enough, I agree with Diesel.

Chills wasn't THAT bad while he was here and he could probably be signed

for the vet minimum right now.

Then, if he doesn't work out for us, it will not cost us a lot to simply release him.

(Maybe even a ten day contract)

Posted Image

Why is it never mentioned that Chills did good......while the Hawks were terrible?

He was the ultimate stat-padder:

Won't attempt a 3 unless given the time to position, aim, control his breathing and squeeze the trigger which led to poor spacing but preserved his FG% fooling folk who looked at a stat sheet to believe he could actually hit a shot.

He was a maniac on the offensive boards.....which led to poor floor balance. While your wing is attacking the glass to get an easy put back basket who exactly was rotating into the backcourt to stop transition opportunities? Exactly.

He'd leak out on defense for fast break opportunities (read: high percentage FGs for himself) rather than bringing that same abandon from the offensive boards to the defensive boards. So who exactly is keeping the other team from second chance opportunities? Exactly.

Even his one plus that he could "work the baseline" was due to the fact that absolutely no one respected him on O leading him to be ignored altogether. This is fine if your name is Reggie Evans but most definitely not from your wings. That's not a skill for a wing player. In today's league you better be able to hit the corner 3 as well.....oftenly. Chill's career high in 3 point attempts (77) has already been bested by Demarre Carroll (86) whose previous high was 70. Clearly you need to shoot if you want to survive even if you aren't known as a shooter.

If only he was 40 pounds heavier or 3 inches taller but so far the Greeks wanted him gone so bad they would withhold his checks and almost went full Godfather by leaving a goat head in his bed so he'd get the message to GTFO.

He was signed to that disgusting contract in Phoenix...by....his...own...agent...who just took over GM duties but despite the contract amount they realized he was terrible and DNPCDed him on the way to becoming an amnesty victim.

He then floats around the league, sits behind the rotation of Jerry Stackhouse (a player 9 years older with a million times more wear and tear) and the great Keith Bogans before he was kicked to the curb midseason by Brooklyn.

He couldn't even make it past a tryout with the Spurs (his last hope) and Cavs.

He washes out in training camp with the Wizards.

Lasts two weeks admiring Davis' unibrow from the bench in NOLA before getting kicked to the curb again.

30 years old and he never worked on that jumper, stick a fork in him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Why is it never mentioned that Chills did good......while the Hawks were terrible?

He was the ultimate stat-padder:

Won't attempt a 3 unless given the time to position, aim, control his breathing and squeeze the trigger which led to poor spacing but preserved his FG% fooling folk who looked at a stat sheet to believe he could actually hit a shot.

He was a maniac on the offensive boards.....which led to poor floor balance. While your wing is attacking the glass to get an easy put back basket who exactly was rotating into the backcourt to stop transition opportunities? Exactly.

He'd leak out on defense for fast break opportunities (read: high percentage FGs for himself) rather than bringing that same abandon from the offensive boards to the defensive boards. So who exactly is keeping the other team from second chance opportunities? Exactly.

Even his one plus that he could "work the baseline" was due to the fact that absolutely no one respected him on O leading him to be ignored altogether. This is fine if your name is Reggie Evans but most definitely not from your wings. That's not a skill for a wing player. In today's league you better be able to hit the corner 3 as well.....oftenly. Chill's career high in 3 point attempts (77) has already been bested by Demarre Carroll (86) whose previous high was 70. Clearly you need to shoot if you want to survive even if you aren't known as a shooter.

If only he was 40 pounds heavier or 3 inches taller but so far the Greeks wanted him gone so bad they would withhold his checks and almost went full Godfather by leaving a goat head in his bed so he'd get the message to GTFO.

He was signed to that disgusting contract in Phoenix...by....his...own...agent...who just took over GM duties but despite the contract amount they realized he was terrible and DNPCDed him on the way to becoming an amnesty victim.

He then floats around the league, sits behind the rotation of Jerry Stackhouse (a player 9 years older with a million times more wear and tear) and the great Keith Bogans before he was kicked to the curb midseason by Brooklyn.

He couldn't even make it past a tryout with the Spurs (his last hope) and Cavs.

He washes out in training camp with the Wizards.

Lasts two weeks admiring Davis' unibrow from the bench in NOLA before getting kicked to the curb again.

30 years old and he never worked on that jumper, stick a fork in him.

Posted Image

• Like 4

I swear if one of my teams drafts another player from Stanford again I'm going to lose my mind!! Between the waste of space that Childress ending up being and the biggest vagina ever on a football team Jonathan Martin I just can't take another of these tissue soft players.