• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al-Ignored Team

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

We all know Al gets rawdealed annually when it comes to NBA fan balloting.

SI's Ben Golliver cobbled together his "All-Ignored Team" yesterday, and Al runs the pivot.

Others joining his "team" include Ty Lawson, Arron Afflalo, Nic Batum, and Serge Ibaka.

B-Golly gives special praise to Al going all Iron Sheik in the clutch this season.

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/18/nba-all-star-voting-snubs-ty-lawson-arron-afflalo-nicolas-batum-serge-ibaka-al-horford/

Even if Horford isn’t going to hit the highlight reels with dunks and blocks, he has owned clutch situations so far this season. Including a recent game-winner against the Wizards, Horford is 13-for-23 (56.5 percent) in clutch situations (five point game, last five minutes of regulation and overtime). That percentage that ranks No. 2 in the NBA behind Tony Parker among players with at least 20 clutch attempts, not bad for a big man who lacks an overwhelming physique.

"What? Hey! Watch it, pal! You don't want a trip to the Gun Show!"

Posted Image

~lw3

• Like 2

• Admin

I can agree with that list... Arron Afflalo is very underappreciated...Lawson is an excellent pg (missed him by one pick)...Batum is just an all around player and one of the reasons for Portland's success...and Ibaka is Josh Smith from his younger shot blocking years only he is very coachable and without the really bad habits

I can agree with that list... Arron Afflalo is very underappreciated...Lawson is an excellent pg (missed him by one pick)...Batum is just an all around player and one of the reasons for Portland's success...and Ibaka is Josh Smith from his younger shot blocking years only he is very coachable and without the really bad habits

And Ibaka can actually shoot efficiently.

Why should we expect our fans to vote for our players when they don't even show up to watch the games and I'd be most casual fans couldn't name the top 8 players on our team.

We all know Al gets rawdealed annually when it comes to NBA fan balloting.

SI's Ben Golliver cobbled together his "All-Ignored Team" yesterday, and Al runs the pivot.

Others joining his "team" include Ty Lawson, Arron Afflalo, Nic Batum, and Serge Ibaka.

B-Golly gives special praise to Al going all Iron Sheik in the clutch this season.

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/18/nba-all-star-voting-snubs-ty-lawson-arron-afflalo-nicolas-batum-serge-ibaka-al-horford/

"What? Hey! Watch it, pal! You don't want a trip to the Gun Show!"

Posted Image

~lw3

Where's Diesel and Hotlanta at?

Is there some stat showing that Joe was a great clutch player also? But we still saw how undependable he was in the playoffs.

The truth is that Al's performances are lesser when the Hawks play quality teams.

Al is roughly a 21/10 type of player against bad teams and about 15/7 against good teams. It's not that Al shoots poorly against good teams, but he becomes less aggressive against the good ones.

And Ibaka can actually shoot efficiently.

Why should we expect our fans to vote for our players when they don't even show up to watch the games and I'd be most casual fans couldn't name the top 8 players on our team.

As an FYI - during every in game chat for the last 3/4 games I think, us chatters vote at halftime.

Is there some stat showing that Joe was a great clutch player also? But we still saw how undependable he was in the playoffs.

The truth is that Al's performances are lesser when the Hawks play quality teams.

Al is roughly a 21/10 type of player against bad teams and about 15/7 against good teams. It's not that Al shoots poorly against good teams, but he becomes less aggressive against the good ones.

This is true Al definitely underperforms against the better teams. If teams don't play good PnR defense on us Al can pick them apart but the good teams know how to defend us and that's part of what has slowed Jeffrey and Al down so much. Thankfully we've had Kyle and Millsap to pick up the slack on offense.

• Premium Member

Well, let me tell you. If Al could show up when competition shows up, you would have me. However, I have watched the 6'10" Al become 6'7" when he plays against moderate and good Bigs.

Awesome! That gets our players an extra 10 votes per game Posted Image

Hahaha...better than 1.

If all active Squawk posters vote once per day, how many will that get them daily - 31 a day?Posted Image So in a week that's uuuhh....multiply by ....carry the 1...subtract 3 that gives them 217 votes a week from the squawk. We may be unto something here,call in the cavalry...Posted Image

Well, let me tell you. If Al could show up when competition shows up, you would have me. However, I have watched the 6'10" Al become 6'7" when he plays against moderate and good Bigs.

He looked pretty damn good vs P. Gasol, Bynum, D. Jordan, Gortat and Cousins the past 10 days. If they are not moderate to good bigs then I don't know who are.Funny how you champion Josh Smith and diss the superior player who is still a Hawk.
  • Like 2