• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

We are officially being called the Eastern Conference Spurs http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-131223/daily-dime-heat-hold-spurs-hawks

I'm no offensive set analyst or nothing, but it seems evident to me we run a complete copy of the Pop System, save for about 12-15 dumps into isolation post play. We don't have the best 4 in history to do so, so that's pretty much the only difference with us. The player movement, utilization of the baselines and three point lines, and they way it makes the defense work hard only to give up a high percentage shot late in the clock, let alone having players in place for an offensive board, is just genius and a joy to watch the more you see it. After the Spurs beat the Warriors led by Khawhi Leonard, it was like a revelation to me: Pop is The Greatest. I'm honored to have his right hand man as the coach of my hometown squad. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm no offensive set analyst or nothing, but it seems evident to me we run a complete copy of the Pop System, save for about 12-15 dumps into isolation post play. We don't have the best 4 in history to do so, so that's pretty much the only difference with us. The player movement, utilization of the baselines and three point lines, and they way it makes the defense work hard only to give up a high percentage shot late in the clock, let alone having players in place for an offensive board, is just genius and a joy to watch the more you see it. After the Spurs beat the Warriors led by Khawhi Leonard, it was like a revelation to me: Pop is The Greatest. I'm honored to have his right hand man as the coach of my hometown squad.

Whoever said it was Pop's system? It was more than Likely Bud's system and Pop adopted it. I remember clearly, Pop took over coaching from the GM position. He coached San Antonio to the lottery and was granted Tim Duncan. Then after that, they develop this great offense with Bud as an assistant?? Coincidence?

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 2

Bud is one heck of a coach. Situational, he's great. I haven't been so impressed by coaching in Atlanta since Larry Wilkens and Bud has more potential.

Clearly, this team lacks the talent to truly compete with the big boys. We only have 11 mil with 9 players of capspace. We can't sign a Granger or anyone impactful.

Still seething from this game. I don't think the lottery is rigged and I don't often complain about the refs unless your name is Kevin Durant, but I do believe that the refs handed the Heat at the end of the game. A phantom call on Ray Allen, and then Millsap gets hammered under the basket for a no-call? Millsap with 4 fouls in overtime?

Posted Image

• Like 2

There's no such thing as a moral victory in the nba but last night was as close as it gets. After the game started the way it did I thought here we go again with another 20 point loss but by god that team didn't panic and I was incredibly proud. Yeah we blew that game but I think we learned more about this team from that loss than any win.

• Premium Member

Still seething from this game. I don't think the lottery is rigged and I don't often complain about the refs unless your name is Kevin Durant, but I do believe that the refs handed the Heat at the end of the game. A phantom call on Ray Allen, and then Millsap gets hammered under the basket for a no-call? Millsap with 4 fouls in overtime?

Posted Image

No offense but the lottery is rigged.

• Premium Member

Clearly, this team lacks the talent to truly compete with the big boys. We only have 11 mil with 9 players of capspace. We can't sign a Granger or anyone impactful.

What part of this game made it clear to you that this team couldn't compete with"The Big Boys"? I thought that they were highly competitive and should have won the game. And By the way, haven't seen your Jeff Teague hate lately...Could it be be that your mouth is full crow and Humble pie to continue your bashing? Maybe your assessment of this team not being able to compete with the big boys is just the medicine this franchise needs. It certainly worked for Jeff so thanks.

What part of this game made it clear to you that this team couldn't compete with"The Big Boys"? I thought that they were highly competitive and should have won the game. And By the way, haven't seen your Jeff Teague hate lately...Could it be be that your mouth is full crow and Humble pie to continue your bashing? Maybe your assessment of this team not being able to compete with the big boys is just the medicine this franchise needs. It certainly worked for Jeff so thanks.

It's quite simple. We had to be mistake free on our Q's and P's because any mistake hurt us and any lack of execution led to Lebron coming for our heads. We had no answer for him. He constantly attacked and he dominated. What helped was him settling for threes and Rio getting lit up by Jeff. Until we can get that one player who can go at Lebron, we will never have a shot. If we played them in the playoffs, we might win one game.