• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just have a wild thought....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was thinking about the possibility that both us and Brooklyn ends up out of the playoffs because of Injury. In his last act, D-Stern fixes the draft so that we're picking 3rd and Brooklyn's picking 1st.

In the end, I think Prokhorov's money will go a long way to insuring them that they won't be screwed.

• Moderators

I was thinking about the possibility that both us and Brooklyn ends up out of the playoffs because of Injury. In his last act, D-Stern fixes the draft so that we're picking 3rd and Brooklyn's picking 1st.

In the end, I think Prokhorov's money will go a long way to insuring them that they won't be screwed.

The Nets get neither pick anyway, if I understand it correctly. I believe the Hawks get the better of the two picks and Boston the worst of the two because of the KG/Pierce trade.

• Like 3

The Nets get neither pick anyway, if I understand it correctly. I believe the Hawks get the better of the two picks and Boston the worst of the two because of the KG/Pierce trade.

Exactly right.

If any team is going to get an undeservingly high pick, it'll be the Bulls since Rose will probably never be the same. Gotta keep those big market teams afloat!

• Premium Member

Exactly right.

If any team is going to get an undeservingly high pick, it'll be the Bulls since Rose will probably never be the same. Gotta keep those big market teams afloat!

But we've been screwed for so long by the draft, this is Stern's one time to give us help!

BTW... Notice that the year Stern leaves is the same year that the NBA People in Charge decides to change the draft lottery? That's because in important drafts, Stern always liked to be in charge of who goes where.

But we've been screwed for so long by the draft, this is Stern's one time to give us help! BTW... Notice that the year Stern leaves is the same year that the NBA People in Charge decides to change the draft lottery? That's because in important drafts, Stern always liked to be in charge of who goes where.

What has been done to change the draft lottery? Dido miss something? Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

What has been done to change the draft lottery? Dido miss something?

Nothing yet..but...

The draft wheel is something that's in the early stages but would be a change to the lottery. Bottom line is that the league has known that the Lottery is flawed and makes the NBA look bad because it takes away it's transparency. In all seriousness, I truly believe Stern used the lottery to keep up strong Markets and to develop other markets. The wheel actually gives the teams nothing to tank for but has the possibility of rewarding good teams. There will have to be a fair amount of work to the free agency system if the wheel is implemented.

• Like 1

Nothing yet..but... The draft wheel is something that's in the early stages but would be a change to the lottery. Bottom line is that the league has known that the Lottery is flawed and makes the NBA look bad because it takes away it's transparency. In all seriousness, I truly believe Stern used the lottery to keep up strong Markets and to develop other markets. The wheel actually gives the teams nothing to tank for but has the possibility of rewarding good teams. There will have to be a fair amount of work to the free agency system if the wheel is implemented.

I saw that previously - good luck getting small market teams and teams that cannot attract marquee free agents to agree to that.What big Market have been getting top picks - NYK/Bos/LAL/Mia? who else?I'm all for a good conspiracy but I don't see it. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I saw that previously - good luck getting small market teams and teams that cannot attract marquee free agents to agree to that.What big Market have been getting top picks - NYK/Bos/LAL/Mia? who else?I'm all for a good conspiracy but I don't see it.

If you think about it, we are a small market team. We haven't drafted a Marquee Player..ever.. and we haven't had a #1 pick in the last 30 yrs. if you tell us that we would get a #1 pick and we didn't have to tank for it, I think the chances are high that we would sign off on it. The problems arise with FAcy and the soft cap. FAcy would have to go through an overhaul so that players can't build superteams. If that were to happen, I think there would be more acceptance from small markets.

If you think about it, we are a small market team. We haven't drafted a Marquee Player..ever.. and we haven't had a #1 pick in the last 30 yrs. if you tell us that we would get a #1 pick and we didn't have to tank for it, I think the chances are high that we would sign off on it. The problems arise with FAcy and the soft cap. FAcy would have to go through an overhaul so that players can't build superteams. If that were to happen, I think there would be more acceptance from small markets.

And what happens if that consensus #1 pick decides to stay in school because the Lakers have the #1 pick the following year.

Nothing yet..but...

The draft wheel is something that's in the early stages but would be a change to the lottery. Bottom line is that the league has known that the Lottery is flawed and makes the NBA look bad because it takes away it's transparency. In all seriousness, I truly believe Stern used the lottery to keep up strong Markets and to develop other markets. The wheel actually gives the teams nothing to tank for but has the possibility of rewarding good teams. There will have to be a fair amount of work to the free agency system if the wheel is implemented.

Here is the flaw in your theory. If the draft is rigged then why do teams tank at all?

Here is the flaw in your theory. If the draft is rigged then why do teams tank at all?

To get a top 10 pick at the very least. Im not saying the draft is rigged but it would not surprised me if it was. The officials fixing games is a different story. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

And what happens if that consensus #1 pick decides to stay in school because the Lakers have the #1 pick the following year.

That's an acceptable risk. But we've had our Stevie Franchises and several players who went into the draft without an agent. Moreover, that only happens 1 time in the cycle.

• Premium Member

The draft is rigged in certain seasons. The payoff for all tanking teams is that picks 4-30 are guaranteed. What I mean by that is that if the draft is coming to a strong year where there are at least 7 good players, I tank because I have a ~16% - 1% chance of getting a top 3 pick and if I don't, then I get a pick in the order in which my team falls.

You can't lose with that. Moreover, I don't think that the draft is rigged in every season, but in certain seasons, Stern has rigged it.

That's not any ones fault but ours (GM) we could have had CP3 and or Brandon Roy .

But we've been screwed for so long by the draft, this is Stern's one time to give us help!

BTW... Notice that the year Stern leaves is the same year that the NBA People in Charge decides to change the draft lottery? That's because in important drafts, Stern always liked to be in charge of who goes where.

how did we get screwed ?

How did Stern make the teams draft the players he wanted them to ?

• Premium Member

how did we get screwed ?

How did Stern make the teams draft the players he wanted them to ?

In 2005, we were the worst team in the league. Milwaukee had 17 more victories than we had. Yet, they were picking first and we were not.

In 2006, Toronto jumped us to become the #1 pick.

In 2004, we were the fourth worst team in the draft. Some how, Charlotte Jumped us and then with our 4th position, they jumped again to the 2nd spot?

These are just a few things that has happened to us in the Draft lottery. Yeah, in times, we made boneheaded picks, but we have never had a #1 pick overall. We're due.

• Like 1