• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sh*t! Here we go again….Hawks involved with 3 team trade?

JTB

I heard about this as a rumor but when you google it is has some sources behind it so its probably legit.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532530/20140102/omer-asik-jeremy-lin-rumors.htm#.UsYOpP2_Mao

and

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2671/20140101/nba-nba-trade-rumors-nba-trade-rumors-2013-houston-rockets-houston-rockets-trade-omer-asik-jeremy-lin-jeremy-lin-trade-jeremy-lin-stats-chicago-bulls-luol-deng-luol-deng-trade.htm

Ok so these sources aren't ESPN or SI but they could be legit. Here's the most important part of the rumor….it works out for all 3 teams and makes complete sense for all 3 teams.

Bulls- Need a pg (Lin)

Rockets- Need defensive help that can knock down the 3 ball (Deng)

Hawks- Need a true center (Asik) and the ability to keep milsap

Edited by JTB

• Moderators

As long as we aren't shipping out Millsap (or Korver/Lou/DMC for that matter), I'm cool with it. Anything more than Brand + Jenkins + Cunningham is highway robbery. Ferry should shoot for a future pick too, even if it's just a 2nd rounder.

C - Asik

PF - Millsap

SF - DMCSG - Korver

PG - Teague

Then we can worry about what to do with the team in the offseason. I really wonder if Sap at 3 would work here in Atlanta and I don't want to hear that it didn't work in Utah either...

C - Asik

PF - Horf

SF - Sap

SG - Korver (or Player X)

PG - Teague

is a better lineup than we started with. We have our defensive anchor in Asik, but still have offensive production from the 2, 3, & 4. Sap can still play inside while Horford floats in the mid-range. That's a 70-75 point starting unit IMO. I'd still would like to see KK as a bench guy. Lou, KK, and DMC off of the bench would be great.

Well let's back up here....shall weLets not forget that asik is injured and that we don't really know how bad the injury is. For all we know the rockets may know just how mad this injury is and are trying to ship asik off before word gets out about that bad knee. So to me the rockets are willing to take whatever they can get to unload 2 big contracts and bring in a decent SF like deng not to mention but again sails injury may be worse than what was being reported.Yeah I don't see what's do hard to believe?! HOU needs to free up money and add a defender who can spread the floor while the bulls need a point guard because the rosé show had high chances of coming to an end, not to mention they are a good enough defensive team to make up for lins bad defense.The trade makes sense and is actually risky for the hawks. I know it sounds to good to be true but it is what it is and the risk is worth it if we can keep sap.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Myself, I wouldn't put to much credence into this rumor. Houston is trying rid themselves of two tough contracts on players they got for pennies to begin with and I don't blame them. But in my mind Chicago will resign Deng, and like I said before I believe we would already have Asik if DF really wanted him. I might be wrong but that is my .02

While DMC holds value, both him and Brand are worth Asik and his kicker of a contract someone will have to pay next year. I might add a 2nd or a future 2nd but nothing more than that.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Admin

We need to send out $5,516,430 in order to take on Asik. I'm going to call baloney, like most trade rumors.

they can work Brand, DMC, and one of Antić, Cunningham, Jenkins or Dennis would make the deal work. I wouldn't include Dennis but any of the others would be fine with me.

they can work Brand, DMC, and one of Antić, Cunningham, Jenkins or Dennis would make the deal work. I wouldn't include Dennis but any of the others would be fine with me.

Add Dennis and this deal is instantly trash. Stop being short slighted. Dennis is a long term project. As for Jenkins, he is hurt so we need more time to develop him. Antić or Cunningham can go tomorrow. Just fillers anyway especially Cunningham.

• Premium Member

I don't get why Houston would want Deng when they have a younger and better Small Forward in Chandler Parsons.

Houston would want Deng because he's able to play defensively against the 3 or the 4 AND MORE importantly, he represents capspace at the end of the season. The thought of Deng not being good as Parsons is wrong... Deng is putting up 19/7/4... Not great but not bad and I believe better than Parsons.

So I have the deal being:

Deng/DMC to Houston.

Brand/Cunningham/Lin to Chicago

Asik to Atlanta.

Then we can send Dennis and Lou Williams to Orlando for Aflalo....

Our starting 5 would be:

Asik/Millsap/Korver/Aflalo/Teague....

That wins in alot of places.

• Like 1

I don't get why Houston would want Deng when they have a younger and better Small Forward in Chandler Parsons.

Deng is physical enough to play some time at power forward. I believe that Houston just wants a great defender that has the ability to shoot 3s. If you add Deng to a front court of parsons and D Howard two players that are already good defenders your making your defense even better.

In todays NBA deng could probably play the 4 no problem especially with howard having his back….hell for 3 years straight deny was the only player that could get some stops on lebron and lebron can play both sf and pf. It shouldn't be too shocking that the rockets want a player like deng. (by the way terrance jones off the bench would be great for them)