• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Hedo Turkoglu

GrimeyKidd

Ferry gave the Magic a crappy deal lol

The Magic fielded calls from the Los Angeles Lakers and the Atlanta Hawks for Turkoglu, a person familiar with the team told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the discussion.The deal with the Lakers would have resulted in more salary long term, and the deal with the Hawks had no value, the person said. Neither options were palatable to the Magic.
  • Like 1

Ferry gave the Magic a crappy deal lol

The Magic didn't want to even deal with us regarding Dwight, I'm glad Ferry offered them crap. Two teams I hope we always try and screw in a deal is the Magic and the Rockets.

Why would Ferry offer anything more than what he would waive to bring Turk on-board? He knows the NBA value of Turk and knew the Magic were going to release him, ergo, offer crap and see if they take it. If not, sign Turk when he becomes a FA. I'm glad to see at least one GM in this city have some damn sense about him. Dimtirof and Wren get starry eyed over someone and they over pay for him.

• Like 2

Last night showed we need someone that can score or at least facilitate scoring . None of our guys are willing to be the last shot taker. There was way too much hesitation on shots. Turk has been to a finals and has made big shots. I'm willing to see if he can give more than Martin at this point

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him then. I don't know if I'd be happy with him replacing Cartier, but I don't expect Cartier is in our long term plans anyway so why not see if Turk has anything left... although I doubt it.

• Premium Member

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him then. I don't know if I'd be happy with him replacing Cartier, but I don't expect Cartier is in our long term plans anyway so why not see if Turk has anything left... although I doubt it.

What the heck happened to cartier anyway? He was playing pretty good, got injured in practice, and now it's like he can't get off the bench. Is he in the doghouse?

What the heck happened to cartier anyway? He was playing pretty good, got injured in practice, and now it's like he can't get off the bench. Is he in the doghouse?

Hmm I dunno but maybe Boody no goody as a coach? I kid I kid who knows but I'm sure Budz is still figuring out what works and what doesn't work.

Hedayat Turkoglu for 333333333333333333............ I actually hated Hedo when he was a thorn on our side with the magic about 7 or 8 years ago. But I think he is one of those guys that annoys the $hit out you if he's on another team but you want him on ur team. i.e. Bill Laimbeer, Kent Hrbek, Jack Morris,etc.

Don't forget the Lakers want(ed?) him too. I don't think it's a given that he's ours for the taking.

He doesn't have any ties to the Lakers though I don't think and he does have ties to Ferry and Budz. But you're right it's certainly not a given.

• Like 1

He doesn't have any ties to the Lakers though I don't think and he does have ties to Ferry and Budz. But you're right it's certainly not a given.

Good point. I keep forgetting about those ties. In my mind I was just thinking of the Hedo Turkoglu who voluntarily went to Toronto because he wanted to live in a big, metropolitan city with a large Turkish population. Not sure what the Turkish population of LA is but it definitely has brighter lights than the ATL.

I'm with you though. I'm willing to give him a shot if all it's going to cost us is the roster spot of Cunningham (or Cartier or whoever isn't really playing that much). What's the worst that could happen?

• Premium Member

For Hedo?

According to this website,":According to USA Today, both the Los Angeles Lakers and Atlanta Hawks offered the Magic trade packages to land Turkoglu but neither were appealing enough for Orlando to pull the trigger on a deal."

If we sent them a worthless deal, I imagine that Ferry had to offer Ayón.

After further investigation. Hedo was making 12 Million nonguaranteed. That's 6 Million if he was bought out. What deal did we have for Hedo at 12 or 6?

Ayón/Brand would get us to 5.5. I would think that that deal would have flown with Orlando. This Hedo question is now interesting because it says that Ferry has at least 6 million dollars in salary that he wanted to trade for Hedo?

Edited by Diesel