• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Antić

Kimsey

Noticed he has made 12 out of 22 threes in his latest attempts. Perhaps getting more comfortable in the city/country. Can't help comparing him to Mehmet Okur.

Wonder if he has any inside scoring ability. He would have been nice to have with the big lineup in the past couple years...

I think I heard Nique (or Bob) say that one of the players/coaches talked to him about his tendency to take a jab-step or fake before shooting, and just shoot it if he's open. That seems to have helped. This was about a week ago.

Antić is a nice option to have off the bench. Heck, he could even draw bigs away from the pint when playing with Horf and Sap.

• Like 1

Noticed he has made 12 out of 22 threes in his latest attempts. Perhaps getting more comfortable in the city/country. Can't help comparing him to Mehmet Okur.

Wonder if he has any inside scoring ability. He would have been nice to have with the big lineup in the past couple years...

From what I've seen, he's not real fluid in the paint, but I've watched him a few times in the past week take smaller players down on the blocks recognizing the size advantage and try to work an easy shot. Sadly I don't recall him converting on any of them, but I at least like the recognition.

• Admin

Noticed he has made 12 out of 22 threes in his latest attempts. Perhaps getting more comfortable in the city/country.

I think it is more to do with a solid spot with PT in the rotation. He knows he will not get pulled if he makes a mistake or misses a shot now. That will do a lot for confidence

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

From what I've seen, he's not real fluid in the paint, but I've watched him a few times in the past week take smaller players down on the blocks recognizing the size advantage and try to work an easy shot. Sadly I don't recall him converting on any of them, but I at least like the recognition.

He showed last night he can throw it down off of the PnR as well, which was really sweet! He's getting a little more comfortable getting the ball in the basket in the paint, but he's still deferring a little too much after he beats his guy off the dribble.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Antić will end up being a fan favorite just like Zaza. I thought both he and Ayón were dead weight, but Antić is becoming a serious contributor on the court. His shooting, decent mobility, and passing are all very much needed by the Hawks. If only he could pull down a few more rebounds and had a better post game. But what he brings to the table is enough to make him effective. Hibbert couldn't just camp out around the lane with Antić out there raining threes.

• Like 3

Antić will end up being a fan favorite just like Zaza. I thought both he and Ayón were dead weight, but Antić is becoming a serious contributor on the court. His shooting, decent mobility, and passing are all very much needed by the Hawks. If only he could pull down a few more rebounds and had a better post game. But what he brings to the table is enough to make him effective. Hibbert couldn't just camp out around the lane with Antić out there raining threes.

What's gong on with Ayón anyway? I know he was injured for a while but I believe he's healthy again. I guess Scott is taking his minutes at PF right now, but what about center?

What's gong on with Ayón anyway? I know he was injured for a while but I believe he's healthy again. I guess Scott is taking his minutes at PF right now, but what about center?

Ayón has butter fingers so he's pointless on offense. Since our offense has struggled, Bud's going with the two players who give him the most offensively from the center position in Antić and Brand. Brand's offense has deteriorated quite a bit, but he still has that big body and long arms to play serviceable defense in the paint so he gives you size down there.

• Like 1

Like Drag said: butter fingers, he is a little light in the pants, very weak guarding centers and can't hold position unlike Antić who can. He falls down easily too, reminds me of Marvin.

He's got a great chance and he could be rookie of the month if he keeps this up.

Cool - we haven't had one since Al?

I thought Dennis had a shot until he decided to Knut punch Cousins and got glued to the bench.

Cool - we haven't had one since Al?I thought Dennis had a shot until he decided to Knut punch Cousins and got glued to the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if Al has been the only rookie to make the game for us in 20 years! Nut punching is the way to go to become a star, just ask CP3! Scott could end up making the game as a sophomore if he keeps his recent play up as well.
  • Like 1

Antić is a perfect back up center and should stay on this roster for atleast the next 3 years!I just get excited when I think about a milsap,horford, asik combo on the floor with a 3 point shooting center coming off the bench to back up asik! Talk about a change of offense when Antić comes off the bench! Telling you guys we are a superstar SG away from being legit contenders! Antić and Korver coming off the bench would be great! We need toTrade Lou and brand ASAP!

I think I heard Nique (or Bob) say that one of the players/coaches talked to him about his tendency to take a jab-step or fake before shooting, and just shoot it if he's open. That seems to have helped. This was about a week ago.

Antić is a nice option to have off the bench. Heck, he could even draw bigs away from the pint when playing with Horf and Sap.

Nobody ever was able to draw Vin Baker away from the pint.

• Like 3

I really like the cat. There is a calm about him that comes from being a pro for so long I guess. He's built like an ox, has no ego, strong hands, and sets willing screens that he surprisingly doesn't get called for moving more on. Not a great rebounder by any means but his sheer size helps out. My cousin called the Okur comparison last night and I was like "aha!" Spot on, although I don't see Antić parlaying his three point shooting into an All-Star bid anytime soon. He also has his pump fake down. I swear I used to hate the Old Core because they NEVER ball faked! All it does is eliminates a jumping defender, give you a driving lane, and force an extra defender, throwing the defense out of whack while your offense is still spaced. It's not a big deal. Finally, almost everyone is using it to their benefit now along with the dribble handoff screen, diving to the hole without the ball, and all other types of sh&t that we never did with Iso Ball.

• Like 2