• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Antić

Kimsey

Pero Fantić.

-Hawksfantić

Edited by hawksfanatic

I guess I need to see more BIG MAN qualities from Antić, before I get on his bandwagon. He's been red hot from 3 point range recently. But his history as a player indicates that he runs hot and cold as a shooter ( much like Josh Smith ), and will come crashing back down to earth.

I personally don't like his softness in the paint, especially when it comes to going after rebound. He's a decent position defender when guys catch the ball in the post, I'll give him that. And he is a good passer. I'm just not fond of him thinking he's a #1 or #2 option on offense, with all of the chucking he does.

Houston made an adjustment to him, by not putting Dwight on him. Teams will stop leaving Antić open, so we'll see how that affects the offense ( which it did last night early ).

I want the dude to rebound a lot more,and be a better finisher around the rim. We have enough shooters on this team. We need people who are going to do the dirty work.

Bogut, Hibbert, Howard - the last 3 centers we faced. I'd say the combination of Antić and Brand held their own. Antić for scoring and passing, Brand for defense and rebounding.

Antić is getting hit with the same "soft" label that has plagued Pau Gasol for most of his career (despite it not being even close to true). Something about big, white, European dudes that makes American bball fans assume those boys can't play tough. It's silly.

• Like 3

Antić is getting hit with the same "soft" label that has plagued Pau Gasol for most of his career (despite it not being even close to true). Something about big, white, European dudes that makes American bball fans assume those boys can't play tough. It's silly.

I wont lie, I been guilty of that. There are many that are indeed soft, but like you said there are more than a few that unfairly get labeled. I wouldn't call Gasol soft, but I wouldn't call him tough either. He's more solid in the paint than his body type suggests I guess. I think it's just Euro Bigs don't have that dominating mentality towards their counterparts every night like the traditional American player with similar size and skill. I'm not sure how he'd fit into Bud's system if at all, but Pekovic been beasting. That kid's leg is as big as me.Being around Brand and good developmental coaches, Antić will round into a guy who is at least serviceable down low on both ends by seasons end. He's a very well-built 6'11, 260, a good franchise has to find a way to utilize that on the glass no matter the player's style. I dont mind him chucking too tough. The man can shoot. I never been a fan of the stretch Big, but bringing Centers out further than usual is invaluable for the cuts in our offense that get those late clock layups that demoralize the D so I'm good. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1