• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Rockets

lethalweapon3

Great win. Proud of my Hawks. I say it a lot, but this team is so much different than other Hawks teams because these guys never give up. Almost all of our losses have been really close, and even when they are down by a lot they still generally fight back to make it close, which is very unusual for what I've become accustomed to as a Hawks fan. Really hoping these guys have figured out some chemistry with Al out and maybe this Pero at the 5 will work since he can jack up the three ball and open up the lane. Reluctantly hopeful. Very proud of these last two wins.

• Like 2

We can definitely get by with Antić at the 5 as long as Brand is healthy and fresh to be able to rotate with him. Speaking of EB I cannot express how thrilled I am with his performance for us. He's so freakishly long and strong (and down to get the friction on?) and positions himself well to grab all these rebounds that he has no business getting.

• Like 2

Did you know?

When Korver hit his first shot with 9:03 in the second quarter, that

was the first points that any Hawk starter had.

Eerie. To begin the game, starters were shut out until the bench came in.

All this and we still won! WOW!!

GO HAWKS!

• Like 3

Did you know?

When Korver hit his first shot with 9:03 in the second quarter, that

was the first points that any Hawk starter had.

Eerie. To begin the game, starters were shut out until the bench came in.

All this and we still won! WOW!!

GO HAWKS!

I'm amazed that we won the game after that awful start, but luckily once the Rockets got out ahead they appear to have let up and it let us back into the game and from then on we had our normal intensity and even with our "lack of talent" compared to the Rockets we really beat them with effort and heart and some timely shooting.

• Like 2

What a great comeback for us!

I have been really bummed since the Horford injury. It seemed like we were about to take off as a team. Then we lose on the buzzer beater three to GS, lose in Chicago and follow that up with a loss to a Brooklyn team that we need to lose.

I was happy that we were getting back home for a couple games but wasn't overly optimistic playing against Indiana and Houston. I thought we were surely going to dip under 500 and struggle to keep our record around that mark for the remainder of the season.

And what happens? We win both games and look to be headed in the right direction again. Coach Bud (and his had working players) have really done a great job this season. It's going to take some time to get used to, but it is great to have a duo in Ferry and Bud that I can really trust.

• Like 1

Comments from Rockets Fans:

1. Who the f*ck is Mike Scott?

2. We could also use a Kyle Korver type player, didn't realize how good of a shooter he was.

3. Did the Rockets really get held to 80 points? Just seems like a lie.

Posted ImagePosted Image

We can definitely get by with Antić at the 5 as long as Brand is healthy and fresh to be able to rotate with him. Speaking of EB I cannot express how thrilled I am with his performance for us. He's so freakishly long and strong (and down to get the friction on?) and positions himself well to grab all these rebounds that he has no business getting.

Even veterans got the bounce...baby got back..lol