• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Question: " Who did you want to win and why?"

Gray Mule

Early this morning, I watched the replay of the Heat / Nets game.

Hawks have lost games to both teams and, since I didn't know the

outcome of this game, I watched.

Hawk fans really want the Nets to lose every game because of the draft

pick that we just might steal from them. If they keep winning, as they have

for five straight, that point seems to go away.

On the other hand, the Heat is all world and has a great desire to walk all

over every opponent. A team filled with all stars and egos to match. Who

would really want to watch them win?

So, these two battle to the end of regulation, go into overtime, come out

of that still tied, when the unthinkable had happened. We pause here to insert

our own imagined memo from the commissioner of the NBA:

Attention: All NBA officials - - Do not allow any NBA star to foul out of any

game where the outcome of the game is in any doubt. There are no exceptions.

Heads will roll. King James came down the floor, as is his usual stile, like a

running back in the NFL, daring any one to get in his way. He already had

five fouls and, when he plowed into his opponent, they dared to call # 6.

"I don't like that call at all" one of the announcers told us all. Nevertheless,

when they showed a replay, it was easy to see why and how it happened.

Well, the first overtime was history and the second overtime began. No King

James. Without him, this team looked quiet ordinary. The Nets scored, time

after time until, with just a few seconds left they stepped aside and allowed

the Heat to hit their final shot to prevent them from being shut out.

As a Hawk fan, I was torn between two opinions. I sure wanted the Nets to be

on the short end of this one to improve our lottery pick chances. That was not

to be. They now, I believe, have won five straight.

We're behind the Heat and, since our victory over Superman's team, we could

gain a full game in the standings if the Heat lost. Wouldn't that be nice!

So, I was torn between two outcomes. Guess I was both happy and sad.

How about you? Were you pleased or displeased with the outcome of this game??

Posted Image

Seeing as how the Hawks cant catch the heat in the standings anyways. Wait, Not cant, but wont..

I was torn between who to root for. At first I was pullin for the Nets because of my hate for Lebron. Then I was cheering for the Heat once Lebron fouled out. Haha. Either way, I wanted both teams to lose.

• Premium Member

This was a game where I wished both teams could lose as well. It sure does seem like the Nets are getting more help lately with the officiating of these games. I have always said if the games were called fair Lebron would be in foul trouble or fouled out of a lot of games, it appears the refs helped the Nets by not helping Lebron in this case...Stern wants to see the big market teams in the East rise up the ranks of the standings.

• Moderators

Posted Image

But ASA LeBron fouled out, I turned it off. As I said before, we want every team in the lEast to win except for the Nets. And seeing that Miami team made me think that the chance of LeBron leaving Miami is 50/50. Wade's knees are shot and Bosh isn't a difference maker. Everyone else on the team just waits for LBJ to do something and coach Spo is just a Riley sock puppet. LeBron IS the Miami Heat, but that really goes with any team he is a part of. Mr. James, if you want to join a team with heart, resilience, and a little dog in them, has a great coaching staff and management in place, and to play for a city that is DESPERATE for a superstar, Atlanta has an opening at 3... lol I don't think Horf would mind staying at 5 if he got to play with the best player in the NBA (or maybe we flip Sap for Asik & a pick). Just spit-balling and well-wishing...

My desire for the Nets to lose outweighed my hate for the Heat - I felt dirty rooting for the Heat.

I felt the same way rooting for Miami. Then thought to myself I wonder when I've EVER rooted for the Heat. I think it was back in the 96 season when they were battling Jordan and the bulls and they had Mourning, Timmy, V. Leonard n compan. Long long time ago.

The only thing I cared about in that game, was how JJ played. I'm still a fan of his, despite him being on the enemy team. So I loved seeing him do this

When people saw how bad the East was going to be, holding out any hope that the Nets would miss the playoffs would be wishful thinking. None of the bottom 5 teams in the East want to win. Chicago has sold off Deng and may do the same with Noah.

So with only 5 teams hovering at or above .500 in the East, the door has been wide open for Brooklyn, and even the Knicks, to get back into the top 8. A simple win streak got the Nets right back where they want to be. And if they played .500 ball the rest of the way, they'd still get in the playoffs.

Heck . . Brooklyn is now 7th in the East, with the Knicks just 1 game out of 8th.

So should the Hawks purposely lose to the Raptors, just so the Nets won't gain any ground on them? Hawks have been a bad road team all year, and the Raptors are hot all of a sudden, so losing to them wouldn't be a shock.

The problem with the Nets is they will start to breakdown physically. Or maybe that is a hope. I could see them going on a long winning tear but then start to loose guys to injury.

• Moderators

The problem with the Nets is they will start to breakdown physically. Or maybe that is a hope. I could see them going on a long winning tear but then start to loose guys to injury.

They've lost two starters in Lopez and Williams already... Brooklyn is deep w/ AK47, Blatche, Evans, and Terry. But Garnett is a shadow of his former self and Pierce isn't clutch anymore. JJ is their best player right now with Lopez out. I would believe that they'll start losing again.

LOL . . they already have been breaking down, and it hasn't mattered, because the East is so bad.

No Lopez.

Deron's ankle is made of glass.

Pierce has missed a few games.

So has Garnett.

JJ is the only one of their main "stars" who hasn't missed time due to injury. Maybe his feet will start acting up in the near future.

But the East is SO BAD, that it's not going to matter. As of right now, 5 of the following 7 teams out of Washington, Toronto, Detroit, Charlotte, New York, Cleveland and Chicago will have to make the playoffs to keep Brooklyn out. And of that 5, Toronto or New York MUST win their division.

I fully believe that 34 wins will get you into the playoffs in the East. And it might be less than that.