• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If one star would come to Atlanta then......

JTB

You tankers are showing your lack of knowledge towards professional sports. Teams don't purposely tank. It's not in an athlete's DNA to suck on purpose. Many of you thought we were tanking last year and then again this year. This just shows your lacking ability to evaluate talent. Therefore any other advise you have should be taken with a grain of salt.

"Teams don't purposely tank." Of course not. Tanking is just a figment of my imagination.Here you be the judge of my talent evaluation. The Hawks NBA talent is mediocre. How'd I do?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You tankers are showing your lack of knowledge towards professional sports. Teams don't purposely tank. It's not in an athlete's DNA to suck on purpose. Many of you thought we were tanking last year and then again this year. This just shows your lacking ability to evaluate talent. Therefore any other advise you have should be taken with a grain of salt.

Players may or may not purposely tank, but organizations sure do. Just ask half the teams in the East who have depleted their talent level so that their teams will lose.

• Premium Member

And your problem is that you can't disassociate "tanking" from "rebuilding." Tanking is what teams do when they throw the towel in on winning and attempt to secure the worst record possible to secure the best draft pick possible. Teams do that, whether athletes want to win or not.

Rebuilding is what a team does when they are not title contenders, have difficulty making the playoffs, or in general just want to change the direction of the franchise.

Most teams that go on to the conference finals or better use the lottery in some way or another to rebuild their franchise. If you look hard enough, you can find exceptions to the rule. How are we any less knowledgeable about the NBA because we want to rebuild the team and we believe in taking the more standard route to do so?

Honestly, to sit here and point at the top 3 lottery picks every year, ignore what teams do with selections from 4-14, ignore how that talent develops, and ignore how teams otherwise deal those picks into prosperity....THAT shows a simpleminded bias and lack of knowledge about the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think the arguments have been thoroughly made so I'll bow out. In closing, since so many dread the thought of being in the lottery, I wonder if everyone will get all excited when they here those Twitter rumors about the Hawks actually trying to trade into the lottery. You know, like they did the last two years unsuccessfully. Well, when they're rebuffed yet again, should we be disappointed or happy? And what will it say about their ACTUAL confidence in building a contender WITHOUT utilizing the lottery? Either way, it should be interesting.

Many of these East teams are just bad. The Bucks are not tanking on purpose. Do you remember how aggressive they were in the offseason? As well as the Pistons and Sixers.

Edited by Ruckus

And your problem is that you can't disassociate "tanking" from "rebuilding." Tanking is what teams do when they throw the towel in on winning and attempt to secure the worst record possible to secure the best draft pick possible. Teams do that, whether athletes want to win or not.

Rebuilding is what a team does when they are not title contenders, have difficulty making the playoffs, or in general just want to change the direction of the franchise.

Most teams that go on to the conference finals or better use the lottery in some way or another to rebuild their franchise. If you look hard enough, you can find exceptions to the rule. How are we any less knowledgeable about the NBA because we want to rebuild the team and we believe in taking the more standard route to do so?

Honestly, to sit here and point at the top 3 lottery picks every year, ignore what teams do with selections from 4-14, ignore how that talent develops, and ignore how teams otherwise deal those picks into prosperity....THAT shows a simpleminded bias and lack of knowledge about the game.

so now we are expanding the lottery to pick 14. Well guess what? We can make the playoffs and get pick 16. The closest examples to what you are suggesting in my opinion are the Thunder, Traiblazers, Warriors, Raptors, Pelicans, Bobcats, and Cavaliers. No titles right? The closest examples to what we are currently doing are the Rockets, Pacers, Grizzlies, and Nuggets. No titles. But, none of the teams in our category are just horrible.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Many of these East teams are just bad. The Bucks are not tanking on purpose. Do you remember how aggressive they were in the offseason? As well as the Pistons and Sixers.

Okay. I'll give you the Pistons. I'll even give you the Bucks. But the Sixers? They were a playoff team who traded their all-star point guard for a rookie who's not even supposed to play this season. You telling me they're trying to win? You gonna tell me that the series of moves made by Boston is geared toward winning this year? What about Orlando? Any moves they make look like win NOW moves? Those teams are clearly tanking in an effort to land a star player.

Okay. I'll give you the Pistons. I'll even give you the Bucks. But the Sixers? They were a playoff team who traded their all-star point guard for a rookie who's not even supposed to play this season. You telling me they're trying to win? You gonna tell me that the series of moves made by Boston is geared toward winning this year? What about Orlando? Any moves they make look like win NOW moves? Those teams are clearly tanking in an effort to land a star player.

Ok I'll see your Sixers and raise you a Knicks and a Cavs. Lol Boston. They ditched your beloved superstars to a team with other beloved superstars who are now fighting for 8th seed.

• Premium Member

Sothron already told you he's going to get that player through trade, not through tanking. We KNOW that Danny Ferry doesn't believe in tanking because he's said as much.

Yep, DF from what I have been told is patient and is willing to wait to see if that player is willing to stay where he is or if he wants to go somewhere else. Ferry believes he can sell the team and coach Bud and the system to convince him to stay here and we would trade for the guy and build around him. I think everyone knows who the player is. I was asked not to say but it shouldn't be hard to figure out who it is.

Yep, DF from what I have been told is patient and is willing to wait to see if that player is willing to stay where he is or if he wants to go somewhere else. Ferry believes he can sell the team and coach Bud and the system to convince him to stay here and we would trade for the guy and build around him. I think everyone knows who the player is. I was asked not to say but it shouldn't be hard to figure out who it is.

I'm still out of this topic but want to respond to this post. I'm concerned about trying to match up salaries and what we will have to give up to make that happen. Lou and Brand for sure then after that I don't know.

• Premium Member

I'm still out of this topic but want to respond to this post. I'm concerned about trying to match up salaries and what we will have to give up to make that happen. Lou and Brand for sure then after that I don't know.

Millsap and/or Horford would have to be included for both salary and to give the other team back an All Star level player.

If it is who I think it is, I don't understand why the need for secrecy. I would anticipate that Danny Ferry has interest in Lebron, Carmelo, Love, Duncan and any other top tier guy that may come available. There is really no scoop there and no need to keep the name a secret. Other teams would not be affected by Atlanta's interest. Of course Ferry can't say, because that would be tampering. But, unless you name your source saying the name of the player is of no consequence.

Please!!! Please!!! Please!!! Tell me who you are talking about!!! I think I have an idea of who it may be and I'm sure we will all LOVE him as a player here.Inbox or something. I promise not to start any threads or post about who this mysterious player is that ferry may be waiting for.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

While exciting to ponder, I'm quite sure the Hawks are not the only team interested. Furthermore, just because we're interested doesn't mean we're going to get him, that we have anyone his current team is interested in or that we have a better offer than other teams.For instance, the Lakers will probably miss the playoffs this year. When they do, they're going to have a lottery pick with which they can/probably will center a package around. We can't top such an offer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And/or means both or one - you should have just said OR.

I mistyped then. Also I could see them trading both if the deal was right. But for the salaries to match and for the other team to get an All Star guy back it would take at least one of them. Better? Posted Image

I mistyped then. Also I could see them trading both if the deal was right. But for the salaries to match and for the other team to get an All Star guy back it would take at least one of them. Better? Posted Image

Much - hahahaha.

I agree that it would require giving up one or the other.

The only way I would trade both players for one Superstar is if it's LBJ or Durant ....lol... and that ain happening.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Please!!! Please!!! Please!!! Tell me who you are talking about!!! I think I have an idea of who it may be and I'm sure we will all LOVE him as a player here.Inbox or something. I promise not to start any threads or post about who this mysterious player is that ferry may be waiting for.

Check your inbox