• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If one star would come to Atlanta then......

JTB

Melo looks sexy in the middle of the lineup, but he's one of those guys I've never wanted on the Hawks; like Howard. Great players that don't win. I also don't see ANY reason why Melo would come here for a Hawks friendly offer when he will get what he wants and have some choice in where he plays.20 million or so for Melo, who isn't a winner? I guess if it won a title or two, but would it? If Horf and Millsap was still our front-court, we'd still have a very tough time winning late round series.

Melo looks sexy in the middle of the lineup, but he's one of those guys I've never wanted on the Hawks; like Howard. Great players that don't win. I also don't see ANY reason why Melo would come here for a Hawks friendly offer when he will get what he wants and have some choice in where he plays. 20 million or so for Melo, who isn't a winner? I guess if it won a title or two, but would it? If Horf and Millsap was still our front-court, we'd still have a very tough time winning late round series.

I'm no big Melo fan, but what great player wins alone. We've said it takes at least 2 Superstars to win plus a 3rd allstar - what has Melo had.

Barnes is making 2.9 mil, Brand and Lou combined is 9 mil.I would take Barnes for a 2015 lottery protected pick and whatever else.

No attempt to make salaries match; just used as an example. So, what would we have to give them to get Barnes? what protection on the pick and plus what? Now that we've traded at least a first and some filler (not sure GSW would trade him for less than a top 12 or so), what do we win with this team?

No attempt to make salaries match; just used as an example. So, what would we have to give them to get Barnes? what protection on the pick and plus what? Now that we've traded at least a first and some filler (not sure GSW would trade him for less than a top 12 or so), what do we win with this team?

Trade the 2015 pick (top 10 protected) and Pero. He will be the Ying to Boguts yang. GSW is looking to win now.

I'm no big Melo fan, but what great player wins alone. We've said it takes at least 2 Superstars to win plus a 3rd allstar - what has Melo had.

What would he have on the Hawks; Sap, Horf.........Teague, Korver and a few young guys that aren't ready? Is he going to lift us to a championship with this group?

Trade the 2015 pick (top 10 protected) and Pero. He will be the Ying to Boguts yang. GSW is looking to win now.

So they're in a win now mode but they'll trade one of they're "good now" players for a mid lott pick and ...nothing? I don't think they'd go for it. And I still wouldn't see us as ready to compete with the best next season even if they took it as is.

What would he have on the Hawks; Sap, Horf.........Teague, Korver and a few young guys that aren't ready? Is he going to lift us to a championship with this group?

Who the hell knows - in a weak East we will be a top 4 team.

Teague can be traded? Milsap to the bench. Al will be back and we find our long coveted Center.

Wait ...are we talking this season or next?

I guess what it comes down to is; unless Ferry is about to become some kind of superheroGMwisard, I see ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that we construct a championship team this year or next. This a given (love to hear any objections), what's the best plan to win in 3 years +

Ferry has never given a time frame for anything. All he said is he is BUILDING towards the championship or at least to be in the discussion more often than not.

All we are doing is throwing out different scenarios of how to get there.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I'm not asking "who the hell knows what will happen in 2-3 years" I'm asking what the short-term moves are (like NOW, before the deadline) and how they're going to build the Hawks into THE team. If the deadline passes and Sap is still here, we will either be building for a chance to compete next year (good luck) or losing value in trading him.

Ferry has never given a time frame for anything. All he said is he is BUILDING towards the championship or at least to be in the discussion more often than not.All we are doing is throwing out different scenarios of how to get there.

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated before people will start to listen to it. It's getting exhausting though!

I'm not asking "who the hell knows what will happen in 2-3 years" I'm asking what the short-term moves are (like NOW, before the deadline) and how they're going to build the Hawks into THE team. If the deadline passes and Sap is still here, we will either be building for a chance to compete next year (good luck) or losing value in trading him.

Why must it be so black or white with you and why must something happen this year or next? We are BUILDING through the draft and making smart free agent signings and opportunistic trades. This is not going to happen this year or even next. We are probably looking at 2016 before Ferry has his team and even then they'll still have to grow together.

"No time frame" is absurd. Ferry better be thinking about building a winner ASAP. If he doesn't think he can do it now, then he has to make moves that set us up for a little later. If he's going to continuously throw out a mid seed, treadmill team, then that's what it is. I'll continue to wish and fantasize about building a winner.Signing Sap and the rest last off-season was not good enough = mediocre season. Hope next season isn't another one.

We have 14 games left between now and the trade deadline - ask me then.

Why must it be so black or white with you and why must something happen this year or next? We are BUILDING through the draft and making smart free agent signings and opportunistic trades. This is not going to happen this year or even next. We are probably looking at 2016 before Ferry has his team and even then they'll still have to grow together.

OK, then he should be maximizing the assets until he acquires enough to become elite. Signing guys to short-term deals and not trading them at max value is not building for the future. Signing guys that take us to the playoffs, only to lose with NO chance, is not building for the future and isn't going to take us to a championship. you have to put the winning team together and there are only a couple/few ways to do it and above all else time does matter. Every non championship season is a failure. Waiting for 2016 while accumulating mid to early 20's firsts doesn't seem like a championship plan; seems like a mediocre plan.

"No time frame" is absurd. Ferry better be thinking about building a winner ASAP. If he doesn't think he can do it now, then he has to make moves that set us up for a little later. If he's going to continuously throw out a mid seed, treadmill team, then that's what it is. I'll continue to wish and fantasize about building a winner. Signing Sap and the rest last off-season was not good enough = mediocre season. Hope next season isn't another one.

Oh boy here we go again. I'm glad that you know better than Ferry how to build this team.

OK, then he should be maximizing the assets until he acquires enough to become elite. Signing guys to short-term deals and not trading them at max value is not building for the future. Signing guys that take us to the playoffs, only to lose with NO chance, is not building for the future and isn't going to take us to a championship. you have to put the winning team together and there are only a couple/few ways to do it and above all else time does matter. Every non championship season is a failure. Waiting for 2016 while accumulating mid to early 20's firsts doesn't seem like a championship plan; seems like a mediocre plan.

Just because its YOUR idea of when they're at max value doesn't make it gospel. Just as it doesn't when I think they have max value. I'm not sure if I need to post the Pacers and how they built their roster again or not but they had Paul George at the 10th pick and damn near everyone else was 17th or later... or in other words "treadmill" team picks. Seems to have worked out quite well for them.

And what's up with the   in every post, are you adding that?

Oh boy here we go again. I'm glad that you know better than Ferry how to build this team.

I'm not paid top do it. Ferry is. What I think is only pertinent to these discussions. My favorite Hawks thing to do, until the Hawks can beat the best, is try to imagine how to get them there. Of course I'm very aware of my limited intelligence and NBA experience, but I do the best with what I have. If I think Ferry or anyone else is on the wrong path, I'll try to take great pleasure in discussing it with them. I find this much more interesting than cheer-leading for a mediocre team with a mediocre plan.
  • Like 1

I'm not paid top do it. Ferry is. What I think is only pertinent to these discussions. My favorite Hawks thing to do, until the Hawks can beat the best, is try to imagine how to get them there. Of course I'm very aware of my limited intelligence and NBA experience, but I do the best with what I have. If I think Ferry or anyone else is on the wrong path, I'll try to take great pleasure in discussing it with them. I find this much more interesting than cheer-leading for a mediocre team with a mediocre plan.

That's fine and good but NONE of us KNOW what path Ferry is on. NONE OF US. If you want to fantasize about which way to build the team then by all means go for it, but don't criticize Ferry and his plan when you don't even know what it is.