• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If one star would come to Atlanta then......

JTB

The only reason that I can find for you wanting to keep him so bad is entertainment value. He will expire at the end of next season. The odds of us winning with him in that time: about 0%Trade him now, trade him pre-draft, don't care, but if you don't trade him, good luck building a winner. If my plan is to trade him, no time like the present to at least be looking for that best deal.You know, Hawks history didn't start with Ferry. Personally, I've been waiting for some Hawks GM to put together a winner for decades. Other teams are in position to win, other teams are busy reloading, we will probably win less than last year, but not enough to get a difference making pick. Basically that's one more season gone by with the same old results. In the end Ferry will only be judged on win/lose.

Maaan - what bee got in your bonnet?I am not against trading ANYBODY on this team if it makes us better. You have determined that by trading or keeping Sap if can mean one thing and one thing only.Let me throw out a scenario - At the moment the Bucks are slotted to get the 1st pick - they decide they like Embiid and decide to trade Larry Sanders - we get Sanders for Teague and filler/future pick (Bucks wanted Teague). We now have a front court of Sanders/Horf/Sap. (And I'm NOT SAYING I WANT THIS)

The only reason that I can find for you wanting to keep him so bad is entertainment value. He will expire at the end of next season. The odds of us winning with him in that time: about 0% Trade him now, trade him pre-draft, don't care, but if you don't trade him, good luck building a winner. If my plan is to trade him, no time like the present to at least be looking for that best deal. You know, Hawks history didn't start with Ferry. Personally, I've been waiting for some Hawks GM to put together a winner for decades. Other teams are in position to win, other teams are busy reloading, we will probably win less than last year, but not enough to get a difference making pick. Basically that's one more season gone by with the same old results. In the end Ferry will only be judged on win/lose.

I didn't realize that after next season Millsap would be a useless husk of a player. I thought that maybe he'd still be able to play some pretty darn good basketball since he's come off the bench most of his career and has been healthy and is still in his prime. I thought that maybe we could re-sign him and he could be our David West. But what do I know.

"But I don't put any more into the belief of some random RealGM members than I do anyone here."That's nice.

I believe that the members on Hawksquawk are some of the most knowledgable folks around and therefore I don't need RealGM to verify opinions. That's no better than using BleacherReport as a "source".

As to your snotty response, if you don't like it then go kick rocks over there for all I care.

• Like 1

It is you doing it. What the heck? Am I the only person seeing this on my browser? This     Posted Image

No everyone is seeing it and he's the only one having these in his posts, which I've addressed and been ignored and now you have as well. I'm going to put a stop to it though if it doesn't stop on its own soon.

• Like 1

Nothing intentional ( ). Just seems to happen when I quote. Doesn't bother me at all though. I won't get into your personal remarks.Personally, I do pay attention to what others have to say as occasionally I can learn something. Pick up all kinds of interesting info and ideas; here, realGM and many other places.

I didn't realize that after next season Millsap would be a useless husk of a player. I thought that maybe he'd still be able to play some pretty darn good basketball since he's come off the bench most of his career and has been healthy and is still in his prime. I thought that maybe we could re-sign him and he could be our David West. But what do I know.

Never said that he would be "a useless husk of a player." But I don't think we'll be in a position to re-sign hi. He will be getting up there in years and he will be expensive. plus, we already have a PF in Horf.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure of the route that should be taken to put a contender on the court. I can say that I am getting tired of waiting, its been 15 years since we had a team to really get excited over.

The game last night was exciting

• Like 1

Never said that he would be "a useless husk of a player." But I don't think we'll be in a position to re-sign hi. He will be getting up there in years and he will be expensive. plus, we already have a PF in Horf.

You didn't have to say it but you're implying it and again are reinforcing that here by saying he will be up there in years. He will only be 30 years old and would still have 5 more good years ahead of him since he has spent most of his career coming off the bench.

As to Horford being a PF, well that's not how the Hawks see it apparently, so I doubt that will change between now and then. Even if they do make him PF full time by having an upgrade at C, Paul will just go back to being the first big off the bench and he'll thrive in that role. I'm not sure why you think that he'll all of a sudden get a pay increase when he turns 30, considering this is the most he's ever made in a year.

Guess the problem isn't fixed. As I said not intentional, just clicking on "Quote"" and it's appearing.

That's very odd as it's not happening to anyone else. I'm not saying you're adding them intentionally as that would be very strange, but I have no explanation as I've never seen that happen to anyone else on here.

That cannot be! If a player is getting up in years how can he be expensive - I would think it's the opposite. Sap is now 28 (29 in Feb) That is getting up there is years? Al is now 27 (28 in June).

Are you using explorer? I still can't use the quote feature in explorer.

Stop using IE! You're just begging to get something nasty. I wouldn't expect a fix for that anytime soon either as the developers are working on a 4.0 release of the software, which will likely come with an upgraded editor that I would suspect will take care of this issue but that's probably months away from release.

Oh and if you insist on using IE you could try putting it into compatibility mode and see if that works.

Firefox. If you know how I can stop it let me know.I have absolutely nothing against Sap. In fact, he's exactly my kind of player; Talented, but not big headed. I just think we're in a position that requires more drastic moves than losing and adding similar talent level FA's and mid round picks as our defining moves. So far, that's all we've seen. I would take Sap over what we lost any day, but it's going to take quite a bit more.

Stop using IE! You're just begging to get something nasty. I wouldn't expect a fix for that anytime soon either as the developers are working on a 4.0 release of the software, which will likely come with an upgraded editor that I would suspect will take care of this issue but that's probably months away from release. Oh and if you insist on using IE you could try putting it into compatibility mode and see if that works.

I'm not using IE - checked to see if it was still acting up.

• Premium Member

Please use a browser that doesn't make that   every time you quote. I don't usually comment on people using color fonts or something else to be creative but that is just irritating to break eye level when you are trying to read something.

That cannot be! If a player is getting up in years how can he be expensive - I would think it's the opposite. Sap is now 28 (29 in Feb) That is getting up there is years? Al is now 27 (28 in June).

That's a problem. If we can't win next season, those guys are going on 30 with Sap needing to be re-upped. I'm not sure that's the way to go to build our perennial championship contender. Edited by tbhawksfan

• Premium Member

That's a problem. If we can't win next season, those guys are going on 30 with Sap needing to be re-upped. I'm not sure that's the way to go to build our perennial championship contender.

you said you use firefox, that is the only browser I ever use. lemme see if it does it to me if I quote you.