• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Espn insider

They do say that. Defense would be the calling card and they propose a trade:The tradeAtlanta trades: Elton Brand, Jared Cunningham, Pero Antić, and either the rights to Lucas Nogueira OR a 2015 first round pick (lottery protected).Atlanta receives: Omer Asik, Isaiah Canaan.I don't know what won't get me in trouble, but it makes sense.

Don't like it. It's a short-term win trade and we're shipping out either Bebe or the pick. Problem is that it won't win anything for us this year and Asik and Millsap would both be expirings next season; meaning that we'd be banking on next season and facing Sap and Asik walking or being re-signed (probably very expensive). Is Horf / Sap / Korver / JT / Asik the young guys and maybe a mid level going to win next year?Asik and Sap have more trade value now than they will have as expirings.If Horf hadn't gotten hurt; yes. For a one year window next year with 2 of our best players expiring and sending out Bebe or pick; NO

Asik's contract is bad and will be expiring next year, we need to get something in return.

I would trade Milsap and Brand for Asik and Terrence Jones, if we cannot steal Jones from them then I would even trade for Montejiunas.

Then trade Lou for OJ Mayo or Danny Granger.

Teague/Mack/Schröder

Mayo/Korver/Mack

Carroll/Korver/Scott

Jones/Scott

Asik/Antić/Ayón

Probably we will miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick, next season with Horford and a pick we could be contending like Gary Harris, James Young, Hood or Glenn Robinson, we could even select Caulley-Stein

Teague/Mack/Schröder

Mayo/Korver/Harris

Jones/Carroll/

Horford/Scott/Muscala

Asik/Bebe/FA

Don't like it. It's a short-term win trade and we're shipping out either Bebe or the pick. Problem is that it won't win anything for us this year and Asik and Millsap would both be expirings next season; meaning that we'd be banking on next season and facing Sap and Asik walking or being re-signed (probably very expensive). Is Horf / Sap / Korver / JT / Asik the young guys and maybe a mid level going to win next year? Asik and Sap have more trade value now than they will have as expirings. If Horf hadn't gotten hurt; yes. For a one year window next year with 2 of our best players expiring and sending out Bebe or pick; NO

So do you do nothing, and still lose? But have that precious cap space?

If so, who do you go after?

I would do it ASAP just to see how it works out with a front court of sap,horford,Asik next season and if it doesn't work out sap and Asik can walk but keep in mind hawks fans its easier for the hawks to retain their own players more so than stealing players in the free agency. So if we did get asik and sap its a huge possibility that we can keep them and even package them in a future trade if they don't work out…..you guys are tripping! and acting like the hawks get a ton of opportunities to have a decent to good team. If Im ferry Im doing this.

Its too hard to find a star, its too hard to find a true center…Bebe aint proved shit, don't care if he's a rookie the hawks probably won't bring him back to the US anyways they never bring their draft player back from overseas. Yeah I think you guys forgot that this discussion is about the hawks not the Miami Heat.

Huh!…you gotta be kidding me if your concerned about Bebe…get the f**k outta here!…Yes you can have Bebe all day if I can get a 7 foot rebounding machine like Asik who has proven he can grab boards and defend the rim with the Big boys…bebe aint even played a game in the NBA and we want to hold on to him?….Why? Houston wouldn't play Bebe if they did get him anyways

Edited by JTB

JTB: Yeah Asik, Horf and Sap would look great in our front -court. The problem would be the other 3 positions. Even if Sap can slide to SF for 10 minutes. JT, Korver and not much else isn't going to allow us to benefit from a strong PF/C, with a slightly below avg PG and way below avg at SG and SF.Then as Asik and Sap would expire after next season, we have to either re-sign them or let them walk for cap space. Sap just took a low deal and his next will likely be 3-4 years at a good salary. He will be past his prime after that. Asik might re-sign, but he will want a competitive salary too. Look at his reaction to DH signing in HOU. And he's also about Sap's age, so his next contract will likely be his last big chance to make money.It seems like we would be in a very similar situation at the end of next season as we were last off-season. If we can't win this year or next then I'd rather invest in talented players under 25 years old.

Can we get enough talent to win asap? JT is serviceable, Korver should be a 6th, 7th man on a contender and I don't think we'll get a big contribution from any of the young guys. I don't think the ASG will like paying Asik 15 million next season as an expiring on a team not ready to compete.

Anyone that would seriously consider giving up a 2014 1st when we only have 1 or Bebe just to get a season of overpaying Asik has lost their mind. That's the kind of short sighted traded that Isaiah Thomas or Billy Knight would make, not Danny Ferry.

Good thought Dolfan. That is what the article states and what most level-headed observers see. Ferry has not operated short-sightedly (yet). I think it's critical for the Hawks to get it right and Asik will not get us to where we want to be with the few assets that we have. To put a little more into this from the article (Paraphrase): Asik's salary owed will exceed his cap hit ($15 million although his cap hit is $8.4 Mil).

The Rockets want to clear cap space so that they are positioned to make another free agent splash. We only do it because of the defensive presence. It may/may not be enough to get a solid third seed. But no way we win it all.

• Like 2