• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Magic

lethalweapon3

I hate we almost coughed it up, but a win is a win. One of the more uninformed myths around NBA circles (and crazily some Hawks fans) is that Kyle is a poor defender. Fact is, ever since he's been in Chicago, he's a model team defender. 2 game winning defensive plays in crunch time in the absence of Junkyard. And I know it's some complex equation to calculate win shares. My simple analysis is that Antić has earned more than a few since his minutes increased. Exceptional signing. Lets Go.

• Like 3

It shouldnt have been that close but its a road win so i will take it

Big game from Millsap

Good bounce back game from Jeff. He was on the attack all night and even got some 3's to fall

I really hope Carroll is ok because we need him out there

Nice defense from Kyle at the end

And as much heat as Jeff has been taking lately, Lou is the guy that is killing this team. Coach needs to start giving Dennis some of Lou's minutes. Lou has been a big liability out there.

• Like 3

Pero has only been a starter for seven games so the sample size is still really small, BUT... as a starter, Pero is averaging 12 and 6 on 54% shooting (48% from 3!) with a 115 ORtg in only 23 minutes per game. That's kind of amazing.

He's also #4 on the official NBA.com rookie ladder which ranks the best rookies in the league (http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/). Go check the numbers, he's easily (EASILY) the best shooting rookie in the league. Pero is getting noticed, ladies and gents, and I'd say it's well deserved.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hm. Do we REALLY have a need for a SF starter?

JYD! JYD! Get well, great game!

Gotta find some sucker to take on Lou's contract by the deadline. I can't see why Bud gives him so many minutes. Geez. whenever he touched the ball I was like Posted Image .

I still can't figure out why we let Cartier go? I expected some moves coming and maybe they are but as the Nets game and this 3rd quarter show, when DMC is gone we can't defend the wing very well. I felt Cartier could do that and he's a shooter for real.

I was so giddy about pulling that one out I got on the stats portion of the NBA.com and watched that block by Kyle at the end a few times. As Borat says, "Very nice!" Really thought we blew it there when they started dropping in 3's at will. We really needed this win to keep up the momentum going into the SAS game on Friday. Go Hawks!

I was so giddy about pulling that one out I got on the stats portion of the NBA.com and watched that block by Kyle at the end a few times. As Borat says, "Very nice!" Really thought we blew it there when they started dropping in 3's at will. We really needed this win to keep up the momentum going into the SAS game on Friday. Go Hawks!

I was thinking the same thing regarding momentum. The game on Friday is a big game for us and I'd much rather go into it on a winning streak. We have beaten the Spurs once in the last thousand years I believe.