• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coming out party for Schröder is tonight

• Premium Member

The problem with Dennis is he is still a kid who needsto mature , period. It does not take a brainiac to figure outthat Dennis and his ball shot incident put him in the doghouse with coach Bud. Not his play , not his mistakes ,not his bad choice of hairstyle , but his bad judgement.. The kid id skilled and Teagues days as a Hawk are numbered

I sincerely hope you are correct on that last sentence.

• Like 1

Considering how wrong some fans havve been about him all season I will wait and see what happens. Kid is clearly talented and could be a stud one day but he could easily just be a back up pg in this league. But hey you guys keep gushing over 4 point and 2 assist nights. Keep claming he will be a star. Im sure it will happen

Considering how wrong some fans havve been about him all season I will wait and see what happens. Kid is clearly talented and could be a stud one day but he could easily just be a back up pg in this league. But hey you guys keep gushing over 4 point and 2 assist nights. Keep claming he will be a star. Im sure it will happen

The problem with this statement is you keep throwing it around like the kid has had the minutes to score more or dish out more assistHe has had very limited time recently , what do you expect from him with 10 mins in a game.. 22 and 10?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Thats true. The spelling of my name should bother me.

I pointed out that Dennis didnt play as well as you claimed he did before the Kings game

I pointed out that Jeff started the season off strong

I pointed out that Mack with the same minutes has played better than Dennis

You're the same guy that was creaming on himself after his summer league games. You talked about how he is better than Jeff now. How he does things that Jeff cant do. Now that the real season has started and he hasn't shown anything like that ,you now use his age and where he came from as an excuse. Before the season however that wasn't the case. So his age and where he came from wasnt an issue in the summer league and when you proclaimed he was better than Jeff before the season started. Only now those things matter. Cool

I said there were things Dennis can do that Teague never will be able to do and I stand by it. Period. Teague is mediocre, Dennis already has elite passing and vision. His defense is already better than Teague's.

You pointed out nothing other than comparing raw numbers between a STARTER and a THIRD STRING player is not a correct way to properly evaluate either player. Dennis did in fact play well before the Kings game. No one is going to put up NBA 2k numbers in the limited minutes he has had so far in his career.

But hey, you are the guy who thinks it is fair to compare raw numbers between a starter and a third string backup player. Cool story bro. Tell us some more about those games where Jeff had more points and assists.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If you claim to be a Hawks fan why wouldn't you want Dennis to be a star? I mean that just doesn't make any sense. You sound like you are rooting against the kid actually.

The problem with this statement is you keep throwing it around like the kid has had the minutes to score more or dish out more assistHe has had very limited time recently , what do you expect from him with 10 mins in a game.. 22 and 10?

Point out where I said that, I will wait

When he was getting minutes eary in the year he only had one good game

When Mack got the same type of minutes he played better

He finally had a good game last night but I wont ignore the previous games where he did much of nothing. He did nothing in the Bucks game with minutes. He was outplayed by the Bucks second round pg

He did nothing in the Spurs game despite playing some good minutes

Im not saying he wont produce when he plays. I said on here weeks ago that Dennis should be seeng some of Lou's minutes

Im just not going to ignore the games where he did get minutes and didnt perform.

I want him to play, I think he should play But I think sometimes people overreact on here with him

Once again, I think he should play and I want him to play but I wont overreact to one good game

If you claim to be a Hawks fan why wouldn't you want Dennis to be a star? I mean that just doesn't make any sense. You sound like you are rooting against the kid actually.

Nope

Dont assume anything with me

Go look at that topic about Lou. I was in there saying that Dennis should be getting some of Lou's minutes

I said last night on another Hawks blog that Dennis should have came in to play point in the 3rd quarter when Bud went with Lou

All Im saying is calm down on the kid and lets see what he does.

As a Hawks fan I want every guy on this team to do well but I dont go all crazy over one good performance.

And the irony of you talking about someone rooting against a Hawks player.

Point out where I said that, I will waitWhen he was getting minutes eary in the year he only had one good gameWhen Mack got the same type of minutes he played betterHe finally had a good game last night but I wont ignore the previous games where he did much of nothing. He did nothing in the Bucks game with minutes. He was outplayed by the Bucks second round pgHe did nothing in the Spurs game despite playing some good minutesIm not saying he wont produce when he plays. I said on here weeks ago that Dennis should be seeng some of Lou's minutes Im just not going to ignore the games where he did get minutes and didnt perform.I want him to play, I think he should play But I think sometimes people overreact on here with him Once again, I think he should play and I want him to play but I wont overreact to one good game

I never suggested you said it.. Just pointing out the foolishness of ragging on the kid for small numbers in recent games..The point is small amount of floor time = small numbers.. Now we all know Jeffrey would double his numbers in the same amount of time right? Lmao it is just a poor argument
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Apparently that is exactly what he expects. I never knew someone could be first team All NBA as a third string point guard.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nope

Dont assume anything with me

Go look at that topic about Lou. I was in there saying that Dennis should be getting some of Lou's minutes

I said last night on another Hawks blog that Dennis should have came in to play point in the 3rd quarter when Bud went with Lou

All Im saying is calm down on the kid and lets see what he does.

As a Hawks fan I want every guy on this team to do well but I dont go all crazy over one good performance.

And the irony of you talking about someone rooting against a Hawks player.

There's only ever been two Hawks players in franchise history I openly rooted against and I guarantee you can't name them. One tip: Jeff Teague is not one of them.

Apparently that is exactly what he expects. I never knew someone could be first team All NBA as a third string point guard.

Yea and I was being generous with 10 mins lol...more like 5
  • Like 1

I didnt realize I posted numbers from the games where he played 10 or less minutes

I posted the numbers from the games before the Kings game. He played 18, 16, and 22 minutes in the 3 games before the Kings games

I also talked about the Spurs and Bucks gane. He played 18 and 23 minutes

I didnt realize I posted numbers from the games where he played 10 or less minutesI posted the numbers from the games before the Kings game. He played 18, 16, and 22 minutes in the 3 games before the Kings gamesI also talked about the Spurs and Bucks gane. He played 18 and 23 minutes

Even if that is the case you are ragging on a 19 yr old kid with very limited chances to display what he can do on a basketballcourt.. The kid has skill but has a little growing up to do and coach bud is handling it the way he thinks best.. Koby even struggled his 1st year coming into the league with adjusting to things

Even if that is the case you are ragging on a 19 yr old kid with very limited chances to display what he can do on a basketballcourt.. The kid has skill but has a little growing up to do and coach bud is handling it the way he thinks best.. Koby even struggled his1st year coming into the league with adjusting to things

But im not ragging on him. I like Dennis. I like the way coach is handling him. All I said was we need to stop the overreactions with him. Cant get super high off of one good game then ignore the bad as if it does not exist. His time will come. I have been on the trade Lou bandwagon for a while so it can open up some minutes for Dennis.

I think you guys are taking what Im saying wrong. Im not trying to rag on him or root against him. I just think we need to temper expectations and let him grow as a player. He isn't ready yet. The tools are there but he has a lot to learn.

• Like 1

But im not ragging on him. I like Dennis. I like the way coach is handling him. All I said was we need to stop the overreactions with him. Cant get super high off of one good game then ignore the bad as if it does not exist. His time will come. I have been on the trade Lou bandwagon for a while so it can open up some minutes for Dennis. I think you guys are taking what Im saying wrong. Im not trying to rag on him or root against him. I just think we need to temper expectations and let him grow as a player. He isn't ready yet. The tools are there but he has a lot to learn.

I am high on Dennis cause I think his ceiling is incredible , Rondo like with much better offence , but I agree and have no issues with how Bud is handling him , infact , it is probably for his benefit.

I said there were things Dennis can do that Teague never will be able to do and I stand by it. Period. Teague is mediocre, Dennis already has elite passing and vision. His defense is already better than Teague's.

You pointed out nothing other than comparing raw numbers between a STARTER and a THIRD STRING player is not a correct way to properly evaluate either player. Dennis did in fact play well before the Kings game. No one is going to put up NBA 2k numbers in the limited minutes he has had so far in his career.

But hey, you are the guy who thinks it is fair to compare raw numbers between a starter and a third string backup player. Cool story bro. Tell us some more about those games where Jeff had more points and assists.

He has elite, speed, length, vision, and quickness but his shooting, defensive consistency, strength, scoring, consistency in general could use some work. He is a solid passer and can potentially be a great one. I don't think he has good BBIQ at the moment but could be good at BBIQ wise and his fundamentals are better than any other PG we got.

I like Mack a lot tho. He reminds me of you typical early 2000's starting PG. Not special or even good but gets the job done, can play the position, and is mentally tough.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

There 's this ex Sixers guy from the late 90s early 2000s that we almost signed as a free agent as a guard that Mack reminds me of and I can't for the life of me remember his name. He stayed with the Sixers after turning us down.

There 's this ex Sixers guy from the late 90s early 2000s that we almost signed as a free agent as a guard that Mack reminds me of and I can't for the life of me remember his name. He stayed with the Sixers after turning us down.

Kevin Ollie?

Edited by Sarcatic1

But im not ragging on him. I like Dennis. I like the way coach is handling him. All I said was we need to stop the overreactions with him. Cant get super high off of one good game then ignore the bad as if it does not exist. His time will come. I have been on the trade Lou bandwagon for a while so it can open up some minutes for Dennis. I think you guys are taking what Im saying wrong. Im not trying to rag on him or root against him. I just think we need to temper expectations and let him grow as a player. He isn't ready yet. The tools are there but he has a lot to learn.

Yeah but I think your missing our points as well. First off I agree there are some on here overreacting but I'm not one of them though you may think I am.The point is this hawks team isn't winning a championship and at best is a 2nd round exit with or without our best players fully healthy or not. This is the time to give Dennis some good minutes to develop him and let him learn! I'm not calling Dennis elite...he's far from that and he's not better than Teague...yet! But there are some things that Dennis has over Teague and Mack. The most important thing is this...We know what Teague and Mack will give us and that's not anything close to a all star or star. But Dennis we still have a shot at developing into a all star player.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Kevin Ollie?

good guess but no. It actually made me go look it up. Aaron McKie if you remember him? That's who Mack reminds me of. Mack has a quiet non assuming game that I really like as a player because he doesn't take bad shots and looks for others. I really like Mack and the job he's done for us this year.