• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can someone please tell me what Bud sees in Lou Williams?

Peoriabird

I would guess it is just bud might be a little more comfy with Lou out there. I notice when he comes in the ball movement takesa hitfrom what it normally is because he loves to dribble down his defender , which is fine , but I would rather him kill ball movementin Sac town or Toronto or some where not ATL.. He is a ball movement killer

Good question. I'm guessing he's just hoping he'll break out of his poor shooting. He's taking good shots in the flow of the offense and off fakes, he's just missing, then he doesn't do much else. Bud is showing an odd amount of trust and loyalty to Lou, and I'm sure he appreciates it because he knows he's stinking it up.

• Premium Member

He probably sees a trade asset that he shouldn't devalue by pasting to the bench.

What is that saying again...If he doesn't play then people would question whether or not he can still play but by playing him you remove all doubt!

• Like 1

What is that saying again...If he doesn't play then people would question whether or not he can still play but by playing him you remove all doubt!

There is probably some truth to that but for a player coming off ACL surgery, he has little to no value unless he gets some burn first.

• Premium Member

There is probably some truth to that but for a player coming off ACL surgery, he has little to no value unless he gets some burn first.

The cat is out of the bag now and personnel guys now know what we all know... He is finished!

It's a double edged sword - I think he is still recovering from the ACL - on one hand Bud has to play him to get him back in playing shape and confidence in the knee - if we want to trade him Bud has to at least show that he can still play.I just don't think he's a good fit for Bud's offense and defense. Bud just needs to use him as a scorer off the bench. Not running the offense.

Lou for Drummond lol

Lmao..You know Joe has not been shy about makingboneheaded moves- Josh Smith signingmaybe Ferry should make a phone call..lol Edited by savwboy

The cat is out of the bag now and personnel guys now know what we all know... He is finished!

He's barely a year removed from tearing his ACL. Not everyone can be Adreian Peterson. Lou will get his game back eventually, but I'm with most in questioning his fit on this team.

• Premium Member

I am sorry to keep bringing this up but after tonight's game it should be crystal clear to everyone including the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks that it is absolutely pointless to continue to play Lou William. There are better point guards on the bench in Mack and Schröder. And there are better shooting guards on the team in Korver and Martin so why does this man continue to play heavy minutes???

I won't even address the Teague mysterious benching tonight and the insistence on playing Paul Milsapp even though it was obvious that Paul didn't have it tonight and never does against the Pacers. Bud, You are a great coach but you are starting to look like Mike Smith at times so stop hanging out with that dude if you currently are immediately.

Cartier is a knock down shooter and has some size. He should get all of lou mins. It isnt just because of lou's poor defense, dumb turnovers, and missed chippies. Its because he pounds the rock way too much.

He stops all ball movement to pound the rock to look for his own shot and it usually ends up in a long jumper. He puts no pressure on the defense whatsoever. He cant run pick and roll, and he isnt a player maker for others.

• Like 1