• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can someone please tell me what Bud sees in Lou Williams?

Peoriabird

Lou was really good for us last year before his injury. I think it's obvious they feel that he can only get better if he keeps playing. Lou getting better makes him more tradable and helps us in the long run if we keep him.I hate seeing him play too..hopefully he improves and we get decent value for him or we just give up and let him get his game back with somebody like the Pistons.

Call it the knee or rust but he just can't get separation at this junction in time. Just sad watching him not being able to turn the corner on even a big man so you get long moments of him trying to utilize set-up dribbles before he decides on passing it or taking a fadeaway.

• Premium Member

Lou was really good for us last year before his injury.I think it's obvious they feel that he can only get better if he keeps playing. Lou getting better makes him more tradable and helps us in the long run if we keep him.I hate seeing him play too..hopefully he improves and we get decent value for him or we just give up and let him get his game back with somebody like the Pistons.

This makes no sense because the more we play him, the less tradable he becomes! Plus we will lose more games like last night by playing him over someone who can actually help the team win now and in the future

• Premium Member

Hopefully we will only see a few more games with Lou in a Hawks uniform.

This. I would even consider taking Josh back, lol. Nah, I wouldn't.

But we need to get rid of Lou, he doesn't fit. He helps nothing in defense and harms the offense a lot. Like I said before, easily the most selfish guy in our roster.

• Like 1

This makes no sense because the more we play him, the less tradable he becomes! Plus we will lose more games like last night by playing him over someone who can actually help the team win now and in the future

Unfortunately, he isn't getting better but the only way to have his play return to where it was before surgery is for him to get minutes. At some point they are going to have to give up on the dream of seeing that player again.

• Moderators

It is so funny how I was getting on people overrating the hell outta Lou last year, now look what y'all saying lmao people even had him as the starting SG Posted Image

That's not exactly fair as he's coming off acl surgery. Last year he was probably the main reason the team didn't really miss joe. I agree he is not effective this year and in this offense.

Of course you saw and probably still see Acie as a starting PG so... Posted Image

who the hell even still cares about that? Always in the past. Just like u actually had enough time on your hands to try to fish out old posts about Jeff only to come out with egg on your face. I'm sorry i'm not like other fake fans that turn on every drafted player within a year. There is a reason Roddy White is still my avatar, had to defend him all through 2006. Just keep bringing up irrelevant stuff from 6 years ago trying to take shots smh

Edited by Cwell

who the hell even still cares about that? Always in the past. Just like u actually had enough time on your hands to try to fish out old posts about Jeff only to come out with egg on your face. I'm sorry i'm not like other fake fans that turn on every drafted player within a year. Just keep bringing up irrelevant stuff from 6 years ago trying to take shots smh

When did this happen? And who's taking shots I'm just saying you were clearly his biggest fan and thought and probably still think he's far better than he's ever been. I'm pretty sure within the past 12 months you've even posted that he could be our PG.

When did this happen? And who's taking shots I'm just saying you were clearly his biggest fan and thought and probably still think he's far better than he's ever been. I'm pretty sure within the past 12 months you've even posted that he could be our PG.

uh no I haven't, keyword is were. Back in 2008 because im a PG guy, and I don't give up on young players after 1 or 2 frickin seasons. the fact that people can sit here and remember what certain posters said 6 years ago on a message board shows they're on this thing way too much. but keep going smh

• Like 1

I was waiting on Lou to heat up but I can't wait any longer. He can usually have a soft little roll to his jumpers on the rim and get some to fall, but he's so off he ain't even got that going for him. .390 over a long stretch is usually where I draw the line for a volume shooter/ tough shot taker-maker, someone who can create offense, whatever you wanna call em. He's at .376 for the season. Come on, man. Bud clearly has some weird, baseless affinity for the guy, like all of us have for some player or another. I don't know if he was equating his role to a Ginolbili or whatever, but he should've known much better than that.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

uh no I haven't, keyword is were. Back in 2008 because im a PG guy, and I don't give up on young players after 1 or 2 frickin seasons. the fact that people can sit here and remember what certain posters said 6 years ago on a message board shows they're on this thing way too much. but keep going smh

Jeez I wonder why I'd be on this site too much, considering I'm the only admin and I'm one of 2 mods. But keep trying there sparky.

• Like 1