• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN!

All the 1st half, Korver went without a three. Somewhere over in the third,

he got away from a very stingy defense. Until that time, his defender had been

on him like an extra skin.

With a half second free, Korver knocked down that elusive three. Within moments

he dropped another and another and the Hawks were off to the races!!

Most everyone from Atlanta had a good game and Love was great for them.

He just didn't have the help he needed. Millsap fouled out and still we won.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching the game within the game between Korver and Brewer. Brewer was determined to end the streak chasing Korver around like he stole something, but that one good screen from Millsap and subsequent 3 broke his spirits. He was spent after that and Korver kept pouring it on.

• Like 3

Bud is the offensive equivalent to Thibideau on D, but we can make more key defensive plays than they can offensive. How he's consistently getting these many points out of this group is beyond anyone. We aren't a great defensive team, but Bud seems to have all the guys keyed on the ball movement tendencies and passing lanes of the opponent without gambling, just being aware and connected with active arms, and it gets us out into transition where we're so dangerous. Carrolle and our guards steal the ball too easily sometimes. As far as Love, he's such a wonderful player, I hope for his sake the Lakers rumors aren't true. He's already hitched to an awful franchise where he can be embarrassed away from the national stage. He's probably gonna stuff Barea in a trash can, and he'd deserve it. I know they've been injured and all, but their collection of talent is awful and Adelman's best days are clearly long behind him. Rubio is clearly a bust.I love this team, man. I can't think of a single player who I truly don't like. Paul is on auto, Brand clearly saved something in the tank for us, does Kyle ever miss now, and what can you say about Mike Scott. Who? Mike Scott! 14,6, and 3 in 21 fun-filled minutes? 43rd pick? Really dude? 83 from the line as a team, 48 boards (am I seeing that right?), still setting the World-Class Standard for team passing, and damn near as many steals as turnovers? Even with this assembly of talent, I think this team would trash Fratello's. Bud is that thorough. He's got these cast-offs and role players clicking like Dorothy's heels and having fun doing it with a little style sprinkled in with the Scott half-pumps. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Rubio is clearly a bust.

To be fair he's one of the best passers in the game on a team that doesn't have good shooters. Could you imagine him in Bud's system or any system that actually fits him? Sure he's not a good shooter but my God he has rare court vision and passing I'd take all day. Didn't he have 5 steals tonight? Clearly a good defender as well.

• Premium Member

I enjoyed watching the game within the game between Korver and Brewer. Brewer was determined to end the streak chasing Korver around like he stole something, but that one good screen from Millsap and subsequent 3 broke his spirits. He was spent after that and Korver kept pouring it on.

That's exactky how I saw it. Perfect description.

• Premium Member

Bud has a strong case for COY nomination. Sure, he could lose to "Horny-Czech", but it won't be by much.

This team is a joy to watch and to root for. 120 on b2b night, amazing!

Our winning streak would be at 4 now if the refs wouldn't rob us the OKC game. NO HORF, NO PERO, NO TEAGUE in some games of this stretch. And people say we are VERY FAR from contnding?

We've got a system and we've got an AWESOME coach. We can't be that far...

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 2

"Rubio is clearly a bust."Do you watch basketball or just follow on the internet?

Whoa, I see your a Rubio fan, but that's an ascenine statement. If you like a career 36% shooting PG with 3 turns a game who his coach doesn't trust late then have at it. He hasn't come remotely close to the hype he got, just my opinion. A respectable franchise wouldve drafted him much later than 5th and would've had the presence of mind to have a vet willing and able to mentor him. The kid is in limbo now.
  • Like 2

Whoa, I see your a Rubio fan, but that's an ascenine statement.If you like a career 36% shooting PG with 3 turns a game who his coach doesn't trust late then have at it. He hasn't come remotely close to the hype he got, just my opinion. A respectable franchise wouldve drafted him much later than 5th and would've had the presence of mind to have a vet willing and able to mentor him. The kid is in limbo now.

This isn't a good post benhill, as terrible as your Joe post. His shooting is terrible but he does a lot to impact the game and could have far more impact then he does. He needs to be in a PG dominant offense. He needs to play with very good athletic players, not Cunningham. His system and personnel is a hinderance to him almost as bad as Josh's in Detroit.

• Premium Member

Rubio has one weakness in his shooting but that is the only weakness in his game. He has elite passing and defensive skills, he rebounds well for a PG as well. The guy is in desperate need to hire a shooting coach over the summer and work on his jumper but overall the Wolves are waaay better with him on the court than him on the bench. I watch the Wolves on League pass and it is a huge dropoff between their team's +/- when he's on there versus not.

Rubio has one weakness in his shooting but that is the only weakness in his game. He has elite passing and defensive skills, he rebounds well for a PG as well. The guy is in desperate need to hire a shooting coach over the summer and work on his jumper but overall the Wolves are waaay better with him on the court than him on the bench. I watch the Wolves on League pass and it is a huge dropoff between their team's +/- when he's on there versus not.

He his shot is more broken than Smoove and young Kidd. It's okay that it is but he needs to be in a much better system for his talent and he doesn't fit with Love anyway. Him and Pek are just fine.

• Premium Member

If I was Minny I would move Pek, Love is a superstar player in this league.

Exactly. Love needs a shot blocking center next to him. The only thing missing in Kevin's game is that he isn't a shot blocker but neither were a slew of HoF superstar PFs.

Exactly. Love needs a shot blocking center next to him. The only thing missing in Kevin's game is that he isn't a shot blocker but neither were a slew of HoF superstar PFs.

Minny maybe the perfect place for Asik
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Finally got a chance to read this thread. lethalweapon3 deserves some love for that write-up, as always, but especially this one.

Yes, his write ups are professional level and I am always glad he takes the time to share them with us.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I was at the game so have some observations and questions

- Love is much more physical than i realized. I mean he works his ass off on the offensive end. He's a much different player than say Dirk,

- Hawks are awesome. Every single guy works hard

- Someone explain that 'clear path foul' to me. One, he obviously wasn't fouled. Can they not rescind the foul based on review? Two, clear path? There were three hawks standing under the basket. He had a clear path to go get dippin dots. WTF?