• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I was at the game so have some observations and questions

- Love is much more physical than i realized. I mean he works his ass off on the offensive end. He's a much different player than say Dirk,

- Hawks are awesome. Every single guy works hard

- Someone explain that 'clear path foul' to me. One, he obviously wasn't fouled. Can they not rescind the foul based on review? Two, clear path? There were three hawks standing under the basket. He had a clear path to go get dippin dots. WTF?

The clear path was a horrible call. He was fouled so he deserved the free throws but it was not a clear path.

I also like it when people get to watch Kevin Love who usually don't get to see him. He gives maximum effort on both ends of the court. He was diving for loose balls, fighting for boards on both ends and his individual man defense is fine. He just isn't a shot blocker which for some people means he must be bad defensively.

I watch the Wolves on League pass for years...Love is the real deal. I would literally come on this board and take back everything I ever said about A$G if we could get Love.

Edited by Sothron
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The clear path was a horrible call. He was fouled so he deserved the free throws but it was not a clear path.

I also like it when people get to watch Kevin Love who usually don't get to see him. He gives maximum effort on both ends of the court. He was diving for loose balls, fighting for boards on both ends and his individual man defense is fine. He just isn't a shot blocker which for some people means he must be bad defensively.

I watch the Wolves on League pass for years...Love is the real deal. I would literally come on this board and take back everything I ever said about A$G if we could get Love.

Thanks. On the reply in the arena i couldn't see where anyone touched him. Oh well we won.

• Moderators

Shareef was on the level of a David West with better offense and worse defense. He would have been great as the 3rd or 4th best player on a team (ala Indiana) but couldn't lead a team as its best player to anything of significance. No reason to dump on SAR just because he didn't turn into the superstar most of us wanted when we got him from the Grizzlies.

• Like 1

My most vivid memories of SAR were him not running back on defense to argue calls or stare at the ref. He could have been so much more but just did not have the desire to be great. Never saw an ounce of hustle out of him. No real mystery why he went to the playoffs a total of once in his career.

People defend him because of where he is from, but he was not everything he should have been.

My memories of Shareef start with us being online for hours in the chat so excited that we traded for him. Then the rest of my memories are a good (but slow) player who put up nice stats on a bad team and often got into trouble holding the ball too much in traffic. Just imagine if we had kept Pau Gasol instead...

• Like 1