• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers

lethalweapon3

If the real Millsap had shown up tonight we'd have won this one as easily as we did the last time. I still can't believe he screwed up those FTs at the end. It was great seeing Schröder get some clutch minutes and perform well in them. Tough loss but it was nice seeing the fight in our guys multiple times after getting down.Admin TalkEnough with the troll stuff. Hotlanta wouldn't be posting here for over 12 years if he were a troll. No need to get personal on either side of things.

• Like 1

He just has a smaller role is all. Millsap was only 1-10 against Indy last time also. Millsap is basically a sub 40% shooter since Al went down. Some all star.

He's struggled shooting over the past month but I'm guessing it's exhaustion from trying to carry this team. He's a #3-4 option in the perfect situation and we are asking him to be the #1 option.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If the real Millsap had shown up tonight we'd have won this one as easily as we did the last time. I still can't believe he screwed up those FTs at the end.It was great seeing Schröder get some clutch minutes and perform well in them.Tough loss but it was nice seeing the fight in our guys multiple times after getting down.Admin TalkEnough with the troll stuff. Hotlanta wouldn't be posting here for over 12 years if he were a troll. No need to get personal on either side of things.

Completely and utterly disagree on the last thing you wrote but if I say more you'll just delete it. Insert appropriate emoticon.

• Admin

The loss was my fault...I jinxed us...

I never come on the site during the games...

We have never won when I come on the sites while a game is going on...hence why i am never in the chat

I forgot today and was on during half time reading posts

How is that for superstitious...pass the corn dogs!

• Like 2

He's struggled shooting over the past month but I'm guessing it's exhaustion from trying to carry this team. He's a #3-4 option in the perfect situation and we are asking him to be the #1 option.

All he does is stand in the way of the team getting a player that might actually help them reach the next level one day. I can't get mad at this franchise as often as I used to, but sometimes it still pisses me off that the team is just happy with making the playoffs. And that's al Danny Ferry is trying to do. You're right though... Sap is a 3rd or 4th option. He shouldn't be an all star and he should get traded... Well, it's too late now this year. This team has NOTHING but a young PG that makes a nice pass every once and a while and a backup SF/PF tweener.

All he does is stand in the way of the team getting a player that might actually help them reach the next level one day. I can't get mad at this franchise as often as I used to, but sometimes it still pisses me off that the team is just happy with making the playoffs. And that's al Danny Ferry is trying to do. You're right though... Sap is a 3rd or 4th option. He shouldn't be an all star and he should get traded... Well, it's too late now this year. This team has NOTHING but a young PG that makes a nice pass every once and a while and a backup SF/PF tweener.

How is signing for 9 million and playing above that level and thus increasing his value around the league standing in the way? If anything he's done far more than we could have expected from him.

NOTHING but a young PG isn't true. Our coach has done a great job with this team and he is a rookie coach. Ferry wanted to get the basketball right and with Bud we are.I don't think Millsap is standing in the way of us getting that special player. I don't watch a lot of college hoops, but I don't see any guy that is an obvious #1 pick that we are missing out on. There is a lot of talent..and I'm not opposed to tanking, but I don't feel we are missing out on something special.Ferry made our team decent and flexible. He had a rookie coach and didn't want to give him total crap, Bud was an investment too. We have just overachieved this year, and the basketball has been much better than what we had to watch under LD/Woody.We should be a 6-8 seed in the east with the ability to tank if we decided to trade our good contracts. The east being so bad isn't our GM's fault. I don't think we could tank right now even if we tried. We aren't that talented but we still win (coaching).Having that system makes me okay with this seasons results. We aren't good because we have a great team, we compete because we have guys that know how to run a team and players that play hard . The spurs east reference didn't come from this message board.You can be mad..I don't blame you with what our organization has been through. If you can't enjoy THIS team and our new direction though, you might as well give up and stop posting your negative rants.

I said this in the chat. When Dennis is given mins he needs to be able to control the ball and play PG. He showed some nice things when he was able to get the ball and push it in transition. I know hes extremely turnover prone but it would be better for his development and he can really show us what he can do.

Usually when he is in he is demoted to being an off guard and has to give the ball up to mack/lou. It reminds me how we use to treat teague when joe johnson was here.