• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers

lethalweapon3

NOTHING but a young PG isn't true. Our coach has done a great job with this team and he is a rookie coach. Ferry wanted to get the basketball right and with Bud we are.I don't think Millsap is standing in the way of us getting that special player. I don't watch a lot of college hoops, but I don't see any guy that is an obvious #1 pick that we are missing out on. There is a lot of talent..and I'm not opposed to tanking, but I don't feel we are missing out on something special.Ferry made our team decent and flexible. He had a rookie coach and didn't want to give him total crap, Bud was an investment too. We have just overachieved this year, and the basketball has been much better than what we had to watch under LD/Woody.We should be a 6-8 seed in the east with the ability to tank if we decided to trade our good contracts. The east being so bad isn't our GM's fault. I don't think we could tank right now even if we tried. We aren't that talented but we still win (coaching).Having that system makes me okay with this seasons results. We aren't good because we have a great team, we compete because we have guys that know how to run a team and players that play hard . The spurs east reference didn't come from this message board.You can be mad..I don't blame you with what our organization has been through. If you can't enjoy THIS team and our new direction though, you might as well give up and stop posting your negative rants.

This team was already decent. They've been decent for 5-7 years.

The Spurs are nothing without Tim Duncan.

The "new" direction looks to me like it will lead to the same results to me.

This team was already decent. They've been decent for 5-7 years. The Spurs are nothing without Tim Duncan. The "new" direction looks to me like it will lead to the same results to me.

Decent at their peak. We are "decent" just getting started. The Spurs have won a lot of games with their bench. They always play right..guys like Duncan get them multiple championships, but they aren't just nothing.How do you see same results?
  • Like 1

Because this team needs great draft picks. Nothing he does now is going to mean anything in 2 or 3 years.

You fail to see that he is an asset that can be used to get a good player and/or draft pick. Even without him this year we wouldn't be a bottom 5 team so that dream never really existed.

Tough game tonight but our best player Millsap didn't play well. I love the effort. I love the way we matchup vs Pacers. I'd almost rather see them in round 2 than the Heat. Schröder's pass was sick. He's looking much more comfortable.

• Premium Member

Well they did fought to the last minute. Undermanned as we are, I'll chalk this loss as a good one. Lost of learning there. Words like "never quit" and "we can do it" must be everytime in these players' heads. They surely gave lots of effort out there.

rant

Some are just waiting for losses like this to show their true colors. In fact, they only show up when we lose. Dammit Hawks, gotta win more. I just can't stand these types. Rooting for losses, so they can bash our GM, coach and/or all-stars.

I wonder why can't they enjoy the team as is? Why don't they send their resumés to ASG, maybe they would think about hiring them to replace DF.

"Oh, I so wish the Hawks would lose every single game, so that we can draft the next Oden, or the next Marvin, the next Shelden, the next Chillz".

In fact, we are the Birdbrains. Well, at least some of us are. Now, if you're so disgusted with how the team and DF andBud are doing, why don't you just support the Cavs or the Cats? Kings anyone, maybe? I'm sure they all will get some very high picks in the next "star" filled draft.Hell, we almost had someone leaving for the goddamn Pels this year! And we hadn't even played a single game in the season, for crying out loud. I'm glad he didn't, BTW. He's a nice member of our community. SMFH. Way to support your team.

We sure have a bunch of cry-babies in this forum.

/rant

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 2

I'm getting really sick and tired if this especially after I said twice in this thread to leave it alone. If you don't like seeing certain peoples posts then out them on ignore. He's obviously a negative person but he doesn't go out of his way to attack the happy people after wins.And Sothron if you mention banning him again then I'm really going to get pissed as that's what 3 times in this thread? Just put him on ignore and leave the moderating to the mods thank you.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm getting really sick and tired if this especially after I said twice in this thread to leave it alone. If you do t like seeing certain peoples posts then out them on ignore. He's obviously a negative person but he doesn't go out of his way to attack the happy people after wins.And Sothron if you mention banning him again then I'm really going to get pissed as that's what 3 times in this thread? Just put him on ignore and leave the moderating to the mods thank you.

There's an ignore function? Where and how does it work?

• Moderators

Not to be a brown noser but would just like to offer up what i think almost everyone on here feels. That this board is so far and away superior in terms of quality of posters and civility and most importantly fair and professional admins compared to... well the rest of the internet. I really appreciate it and i know i'm not alone.

Didn't see the game but halfway through the season the Hawks are passing the test of a quality, well coached team which is you win the games you are supposed to win and some of the ones you aren't.

• Like 3

I agree with macdaddy, we have great posters on here and the few rotten ones do not outweigh the benefits of being on this board. And if you don't like someone? Then use the ignore, it will save you the stress and agony of reading things from the few bad posters.

• Premium Member

A loss is a loss, but I can live with losses like this.

Dennis is getting better. At least it looks like he is.

We have watched a team that just refuses to lose. We have fighters.

Some nights the 3s won't fall and it will get ugly.

The only head-scratcher for me is Bud playing Lou too much. Probably just showcasing the guy, but still.

• Like 1

There's an ignore function? Where and how does it work?

See your name at the top right there? Drop down the options and the Ignore Function is in there.

The problem is it doesn't truly ignore as it lets you know when a poster has posted something. I'd love to see a board be able to show nothing, including quotes.