• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sitting here watching Dexters Laboratory w/ my 5yr old

IheartVolt

Ah what good cartoons CN used to put on there network back in there glory days.. Samurai Jack , Ed , Ed & Eddy , and good ole Johnny Bravo ! Thank goodness for Netflix right? In this episode Deedee comes to Dexter from the future , via time machine of course , to warn Dexter he is gonna create an huge monster with his current experiment. Dexter does not listen lol.. The whole purpose of this is something I started pondering. The wheels started turning w/ the time machine , and yes the Hawks , concerning past draft picks. If you could hitch a ride on a time machine , and had the chance to change one screwed draft pick from the past , what draft pick would it be ? Change a draft pick that would turn around the Hawks fortunes and possibly even win a championship.. It must be a draft pick that was available after the draftee you choose to change.. I know the magic of cartoons right ..lol Oh and one kicker ! We all would take CP3 or Deron over Marvin so be a little more creative.. Google old drafts and look at old rosters if you must , just explain why you believe your draftee would have turned the Hawks for the better.. Off to bed I will be posting mine after a little research tommorow..

• Moderators

Here are a few good choices other than Chris Paul:

1986 - Take Jeff Hornacek instead of #42 pick Ron Kellog

1985 - Take Karl Malone instead of Jon Koncak

1981 - Take Larry Nance instead of Al Wood

1974 - Take George Gervin instead of Mike Sojourner

1971 - Take Artis Gilmore instead of Mike Jordan (not that one - the #107th pick of the draft that never played in the NBA)

At the end of the day, I have to go with Karl Malone.

1985 NBA draft the hawks selected C John (paycheck) Koncak..not only Koncak unwhelming as a hawk , but it makes it worse if you look at the talent he was drafted ahead of..Karl MaloneDetlef schrempfCharles OakleyJoe Dumarsbut the one who may have helped elevate niques Hawks to a championship was drafted just 2 spots after KoncakChris Mullen would have filled the a need at SG as well as some SF..A constant shooting threat that would have complementedNique with his drives to the basket and Kevin Willis down under in the paint..Pg-Doc RiversSg-Chris MullenSf-NiquePf-Kevin Willis...after the 1985 draft the C position would have needed addressing but with that amount of firepower in the lineupa defensive minded C could have been obtained fairly easily.. This lineup had the potentials to be steady threat forseveral years..

Here are a few good choices other than Chris Paul: 1986 - Take Jeff Hornacek instead of #42 pick Ron Kellog1985 - Take Karl Malone instead of Jon Koncak1981 - Take Larry Nance instead of Al Wood1974 - Take George Gervin instead of Mike Sojourner1971 - Take Artis Gilmore instead of Mike Jordan (not that one - the #107th pick of the draft that never played in the NBA) At the end of the day, I have to go with Karl Malone.

While Malone was a stud , but the Hawks had just drafted Kevin Willis the year before..Willis was no Malone but was no chump either.. Sg was greatest need

1992#10 Adam Keefe-Hawks#11 Robert Horry-Rockets1993#15 Doug Edwards-Hawks#24 Sam Cassell-RocketsIn back to back years, the Rockets got the guy we should have gotten. In 93 we had the right school in Florida State, but the wrong guy.

By the way it's Chris Mullin not Mullen. I don't think Mullin could have been put at sg because he's wasn't fast enough to guard guys like Jordan, Drexler, etc. I watched many years of run TMC though living in the Bay. Fun bunch.

Don't make the Pau Gasol for Shareef trade in 2001.

I'm not nearly as down on Reef as most Hawks fans are. He did his job in Atlanta as a good to great primary scorer and rebounder. But the fact that we only kept him 2.5 years, while Gasol is still a high level player in the league, probably has hurt us more than what we want to admit to.

Just think . . . the Summer of 2005 could've really have been a blockbuster summer for us. We would possibly have a young team, with Gasol, Smith, and Childress here in the mix. We'd maybe have the opportunity to draft Chris Paul. And we possibly could've still made a play for Joe Johnson ( but maybe not have enough money to pay him the ballooon payment in that 1st year ).

Here's the 2005 Hawks, if we pulled all of that off

PG - Paul

G - Johnson

F - Harrington

PF - Smith

C - Gasol

Paul's playmaking prowess, along with a dynamic young JJ, and a young Gasol in the post, could've really been the start of a very solid foundation for at least 4 years for us. Smith wouldn't be forced into a scoring role, and would simply focus on defense, rebounding, and scoring in transition.

We wouldn't have Horford in the future, but we may have been a better team with a Big 3 of Paul - JJ - Gasol.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

By the way it's Chris Mullin not Mullen. I don't think Mullin could have been put at sg because he's wasn't fast enough to guard guys like Jordan, Drexler, etc. I watched many years of run TMC though living in the Bay. Fun bunch.

The thorn in my side..names!!Mullin played at Sg his 1st five seasons in the league.. He would have been fine.edit to add that I even looked up the wiki and still spelled it wrong..how sad is that Edited by IheartFerry