• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Logo for the Hawks?

Wurider05

I actually like it but I'm still disappointed; I had hoped we were reaching the end of the blue/white/red color-scheme and this logo would indicate otherwiseI just always felt the red/yellow Hawks better represented Hotlanta (plus like 20 teams have red/white/blue; only us and the Rockets ever had the red/yellow)But the modern pacman is nice though...

• Like 1

I'm feeling the Pacman rendition, but I also want the yellow back. It would bring back huge nostalgia for the Old Hawks and the Flyers. The current bird head is nothing special, kinda reminds me of Louisville, among thousands of other bird head logos from pee wee sports on up. The old bird was regal, calm, like he was satisfied from a big meal atop a mountain perch. The simplicity of the logo was very professional and recognizable like a corporate badge. This one is a bit more contemporary, I like the scowl on the bird's face. Maybe he hasn't eaten yet. A professional sports logo should be easy to draw for kids and have some historical relevance or ties to a city's history. If I had free time in class as a kid all I did was doodle Bulls and Hawks logos.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Perhaps because from a marketing standpoint it doesn't help your brand that it's more recognizable as an entirely unrelated 80s icon than your actual franchise. The update at any glance would never be confused with anything other than a bird at the minimum while still paying homage to an earlier logo.

I do agree with some of you that they should bring back the yellow, but maybe just use it as an accent color (instead of the silver). Here's a poor rendition to illustrate:

Posted Image

Always been a fan of the red, yellow, blue combo when used right. It has a fun/fresh feel to it.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was just testing out to see if it had changed since previous versions. But you gave me a thumbs me down! lol Posted Image

Banned? What a serious abuse of power. Bring back the thumbs down for a minute. I need it again...for another post...not yours, I'm talking about a different post than yours.

• Like 1