• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry has 1.5 years to build

Hawksquawk dream trade of the day:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lr7akf8

Gary Neal is not in the trade. ESPN doesn't add PPP in the their trade points. Also add our 1st going to Cleveland in the Deng deal.

Edit: Gary Neal would be in the deal.

Since Sanders has signed a rookie scale extension that hasn't kicked in yet, his outgoing salary for Milwaukee would count as just $3.053 million, while is incoming salary to any trade partner would be $7.027 million. That second number marks the average between his current salary and the average annual value of his extension.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I doubt we could land Melo, but if we somehow get the chanche for it Ferry should take it.

I am also not totally convinced in him beeing the top 5 player, he is consider from much of the expert but a max contract on him isn't wasted. If he plays is hero ball, the hawks perspective wouldn't change they would be still a sure PO pick in the east but not a contender ... But Atlanta is missing a bit sex appeal in FA aquisiation, i believe Melo would change it which makes it easier to keep Horf or get other good players through FA.

If he can be pressed in a system, as a number 1 option you get a rolling offense with the arguably second best scorer in the league, the best 3pt shooter(don't Trade Korver) with dangerous teammate. And i think the Hawks won't be the worst D with him too, i think with him ATL could be the number 3 team in the east if Lebron leaves Miami even number 2 behind the Pacers ...

Staying at the pacers, Lance Stephenson would be my favorite FA on the list. he is young and is developing really really good. I could imagine the pacers, have trouble to pay him the salary he deserves so he might be something like the Harden signing from Houston. And even when he doesn't work out, in the ATL system i believe the Pacers get weaker and we have a solid trade chip.

• Like 1

Deng is old and broken down from years in Chicago...Doesn't have enough offense for may taste

Cosign. Plus dude has injury issues. I would hate if they gave up a 2014 first for him.

Nobody is that retarded

That's the problem, Cleveland isn't getting any quality offers likely. Us trading DMC, Lou, and Brand with the 1st might be too much for a rental. He is a legit 10-12 mil a year player.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Eh. I like Deng as a player, but I don't think he's $10M better than DMC. Melo is a legit top 10-15 player. If he's interested and we have the space let's get him, just so we can bring a star into ATL (though his star has waned considerably by now). I don't think he's QUITE worth the full max, but Melo/Millsap/Horford is a championship frontline. I also think Melo would buy in to the system, though many disagree with me there.

I looked at the free agents, both restricted and unrestricted for 2014 and 2015. I was trying to think like Ferry and target the players he might try and target and came up with the following:2014 restricted. Unrestricted Avery Bradley Luol DengChandler parsons. Dirk NowitzkiLance Stephenson Danny GrangerPj Tucker. Pau GasolGordon Hayward. Zach Randolph Chris Bosh Lebron James Dwayne Wade Carmelo Anthony Tim Duncan Kyle Lowry Trevor ariza2015 restricted. UnrestrictedJimmy butler. Jeff greenKyrie Irving Rajon rondoTristan Thompson Andy varejaoKenneth Faried. Omer asikDraymond green. Roy hibbertKlay Thompson David westRicky Rubio Deandre Jordan Iman shumpert. Marc Gasol Reggie Jackson Kevin LoveNikola vucevic. Tyson chandlerMarcus Morris Kendrick perkMarkieff Morris. Arron afflaloKawhi Leonard Thad youngAlec burks. Goran dragicEnes kanter. Gerald green Lamarcus Aldridge Robin Lopez Wes Mathews Manu ginobli Tony ParkerThat is what I came up with for who I would think is a "Ferry type player". Bosh, Love, Deandre Jordan, Carmelo Anthony, Gerald Green might not be "Ferry type players" but I felt I had to throw them in there as well. I think the players on this list are all hard workers who come to play every night and would make the Hawks a better organization. I have my favorites from this list, if I had to narrow down, but I'd love to hear yours as well.

Haha Jeff Green was on my list. Along with 50 other guys lol