• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Jeff Green trade rumors

lethalweapon3

Haven;t been a fan of DMC's at all. Just ask people who have been in the chats when I get a chance to watch the Hawks play. That being said DMC is much more valuable at his contract than Green is. I would love to have a player like Jeff Green here, but this move doesn't necessarily improve our team and it definitely does not put us in another category. Now if this move is done and it's the prelude to another deal then maybe it does improve the team.

I can't believe this thread is ignoring Jeff greens contract!...do you guys really want green (9m contract) and Teague (8m contract) on this team together? Leaving us with no room to make any deals?We get green for Lou and Carroll and suddenly we are stuck with Teague and Green until 2016! Is that what we want to see? Has this been ferry's BIG improvement plan for this franchise?....I sure as hell hope not!It you want a SF like Jeff Green why not go after Iman Shumpert? I believe his contract is cheaper and he gives the same production.

• Like 1

Haven;t been a fan of DMC's at all. Just ask people who have been in the chats when I get a chance to watch the Hawks play. That being said DMC is much more valuable at his contract than Green is. I would love to have a player like Jeff Green here, but this move doesn't necessarily improve our team and it definitely does not put us in another category. Now if this move is done and it's the prelude to another deal then maybe it does improve the team.

I don't see that...everybody knows green is overpaid just like Teague. We get green, he's definitely going to be around for the next 2 years.Yes he has a player option in 2016 but why the hell would he opt out? If he does there's a big chance he may not get another 9m a year contract.....just saying ferry better watch what he's doing on this one.I don't know about y'all but by the time 2016 come around I'm expecting the hawks to be pretty damn good and I think that's fair because by that time ferry would have had plenty of time to get new players developed and bud would have his system fully installed.

I can't believe this thread is ignoring Jeff greens contract!...do you guys really want green (9m contract) and Teague (8m contract) on this team together? Leaving us with no room to make any deals?We get green for Lou and Carroll and suddenly we are stuck with Teague and Green until 2016! Is that what we want to see? Has this been ferry's BIG improvement plan for this franchise?....I sure as hell hope not!It you want a SF like Jeff Green why not go after Iman Shumpert? I believe his contract is cheaper and he gives the same production.

Exactly this - I will gladly do a Teague/Green swap. Can DMC play SG? We would instantly be bigger. A rotation of KK/DMC and Green/DMC at the SG/SF.

I just heard about the Jeff Green rumors on 92.9 on a sports break. says that danny wants him. i got to thinking

Jeff Green

ppg 16.3

reb

ass

PIE

9.7%

vs

Evan Turner

PTS REB AST PIE 17.5 6 3.7 9.6%

both are reportedly available but who is the better fit? who is the better player?

I think Green is considerably better than his numbers. I thinks he's always been the odd man out: 4th option in OKC, coming off heart surgery and trying to fit with Rondo, Pierce, KG, and Jet, now the best scorer on a rebuilder under a novice coach and beside a trade-rumor favorite superstar PG. He's never had a defined role, but I do acknowledge his tweener size/ skills and inconsistency contribute to that. Being a concrete first or second option on a building team would bump his efficiency up across the board I think. The Heat Killer thing might not be too farfetched with Sap and Green throwing their funky frontcourt matchups out of whack. We do need talent, you'd be hard pressed to find many wings under 10 mil a year with his athleticism. If Ferry could rape Ainge for him I'd welcome him gladly.

Edited by benhillboy

This team needs to take some risk; we don't have the assets to trade for a melo or a established superstar. We won't be bad enough to get one of the top 5 players in this overrated draft. Why not take a flyer on a guy with star tools and see if you can make him more consistent? 2 years remaining on his deal doesn't scare me. If it doesn't work out he becomes a valuable expiring deal. It's not like he's making Rudy Gay money. 9.5 is fair for a quality starter.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

I just watched a replay of the Celtics at the Hawks on 11/23. Green looked really good in this game. His is much more athletic, can shoot the ball, and is a scorer more than DMC. Maybe Bud has told Ferry this is a guy that I can turn into a very good player. The thing we know is we don't have the assets to get a star player. DMC will always be a role player and that is his ceiling, a decent defender and glue guy. Just a thought.

Let's just say this: Green is the more skilled, athletic player, better physical tools, better natural scorer who can create his own shot etc. No ifs ands or buts.Unfortunately, it's not just a player for player swap - salary amount and length, what else and who else is included in any deal has to be considered.Boston is just looking to dump his long term salary, which mean they want expirings/young prospects and picks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Would you guys do...RondoGreenforTeagueDMCLou2015 first??I think they would do it because of the pick. Looking to next season, starting lineup could be...RondoKKGreenMilsapAlLooks nice to me. A deal like this makes sense only if we think Dennis will take 2-3 years to bake. If not, giving up the first rounder would not be worth it.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Why not take a flyer on a guy with star tools and see if you can make him more consistent?

When you find that player with star tools then let's talk about it. Jeff Green and his career 13.2 PER and .076 WS/48 don't count. Green was drafted 7 years ago. At some point, your production speaks louder than your draft day position.

In fact, I'll tell you that Green is very consistent. He has averaged 14-17 points per 36 for his career, 5-6 rebounds per 36, 1.6 - 2.0 assists per 36, .5-1 block per 36, and .7 - 1.2 steals per 36. He has shot in the .530 TS% and .440 fg% range for his career.

The problem isn't a lack of consistency. It is consistent mediocrity.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2