• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did Diesel get banned?

Sothron

Changing the subject to something interesting..... Been without power for 24 hours now. This shite sucks. I make fun of friends who live in the Midwest and Northeast because of this very thing. "Move where the heat is" I always tell them. This isn't supposed to happen in Augusta Ga

I'm in Augusta, GA as well and finally got our power back this morning. Were you without power for 3 days? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he also thought Shelden "The Landlord" Williams was a great pick. Diesel and I had many a run in when I first came on. He reminded me of the way your child tests you once they start becoming a little independent. He was a good poster and just like all of us; wrong many times, and then sometimes we all get one right.

No poster is perfect.

I thought for sure that Acie Law would be our PG for the next 10 years. Others on here wanted to choose Mike Conley over Al Horford. And God only knows how many people on here defended Josh Smith to the death, even up until the very end.

To me, Diesel's role in the forum was to simply spark conversation on a wide array of topics. You need those types of people in forums, because most posters simply respond to the thoughts of others, and not try to spark convos themselves with their own thoughts.

If Hawksquawk had a Hall of Fame . . . he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He's been the most recognizable, thought-provoking, and polarizing poster in this forum . . bar none.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think it is easy for us to forget there is a lot more to life than a message board. This is a great place to relax for a bit and enjoy some conversation. What it is not is a place to attack people (which is a problem we have had in the past). Let's all remember that we each have lives and challenges in the "real world". Diesel, as others have said already, I hope all is well with your health, family, etc. that goes for everyone else here too. My favorite times on this board are when people make me laugh my head off. I specifically remember diesel's conversation posts as someone has mentioned previously.

Edited by Jdawgflow

There is only like three posters on this forum who deserve the HOF.

JayBird

lw3

Gray Mule

A lot of very good and great posters but those three would be recognize by all parties. They aren't polazing like me, Sothron, Diesel, Hots, or HawksFanatić.

They don't have the mod power like Dolf or AHF.

But they tend to be consistent posters who are willing to change their minds within reason and are great people in general.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

There is only like three posters on this forum who deserve the HOF.

JayBird

lw3

Gray Mule

A lot of very good and great posters but those three would be recognize by all parties. They aren't polazing like me, Sothron, Diesel, Hots, or HawksFanatić.

They don't have the mod power like Dolf or AHF.

But they tend to be consistent posters who are willing to change their minds within reason and are great people in general.

Do you honestly believe that others would put in the same category as the "polarizing" usernames you mentioned? I think you see yourself as much more important, than other members on here do.

So are you a "Hall of Fame" Hawksquawk poster?

Honestly . . . this would be a very good topic for the members to vote on. Dolfan should create a Hall of Fame thread, and let the members nominate current and past members. Let's say we get to choose 4 people we would nominate for the Hall of Fame. The top 4 vote getting members automatically get into the Hall of Fame . . IF . . they accumulate 10 votes or more. Get less than 10 votes, and you don't get in.

Maybe do this at the start of each season. Limit the voting to members who have 500 posts or more, to prevent the "stuffing" of the "ballot box" by new users. Plus it would make it harder for people to get into the HHoF

• Admin

Do you honestly believe that others would put in the same category as the "polarizing" usernames you mentioned? I think you see yourself as much more important, than other members on here do. So are you a "Hall of Fame" Hawksquawk poster? Honestly . . . this would be a very good topic for the members to vote on. Dolfan should create a Hall of Fame thread, and let the members nominate current and past members. Let's say we get to choose 4 people we would nominate for the Hall of Fame. The top 4 vote getting members automatically get into the Hall of Fame . . IF . . they accumulate 10 votes or more. Get less than 10 votes, and you don't get in. Maybe do this at the start of each season. Limit the voting to members who have 500 posts or more, to prevent the "stuffing" of the "ballot box" by new users. Plus it would make it harder for people to get into the HHoF

funny, I thought the same thing when he put himself with the others...
  • Like 1