• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did Diesel get banned?

Sothron

• Premium Member

This is a message board, any member should be allowed to post what they think about the Hawks. There are a few on this board that if your not in agreement with them, then your not on the train. Diesel posted stuff that ignited debate and some didn't particularly like it to much. I like Diesel, when it a boring time like right now, he always tried to wake us up. Come on back Diesel.

• Like 1

This is a message board, any member should be allowed to post what they think about the Hawks. There are a few on this board that if your not in agreement with them, then your not on the train. Diesel posted stuff that ignited debate and some didn't particularly like it to much. I like Diesel, when it a boring time like right now, he always tried to wake us up. Come on back Diesel.

Members are allowed to post whatever they want about the Hawks. Diesel has never been censored.

• Premium Member

Members are allowed to post whatever they want about the Hawks. Diesel has never been censored.

Dol I wasn't meaning him or anyone else being censored by you, it was more like he was attacked by other posters, which IMO is fair game when you put something out there.I'm glad everyone agrees with all my posts! Lmbo

Dol I wasn't meaning him or anyone else being censored by you, it was more like he was attacked by other posters, which IMO is fair game when you put something out there.I'm glad everyone agrees with all my posts! Lmbo

Oh ok I gotcha. Well that's true anyone should be able to say what they want but with this being a forum for discussion of course there are going to be many who disagree with certain posters or topics and can't see past that.As to people agreeing with you we are just being kind since you're probably the 2nd oldest among us here :)
  • Like 1

Do you honestly believe that others would put in the same category as the "polarizing" usernames you mentioned? I think you see yourself as much more important, than other members on here do.

So are you a "Hall of Fame" Hawksquawk poster?

Honestly . . . this would be a very good topic for the members to vote on. Dolfan should create a Hall of Fame thread, and let the members nominate current and past members. Let's say we get to choose 4 people we would nominate for the Hall of Fame. The top 4 vote getting members automatically get into the Hall of Fame . . IF . . they accumulate 10 votes or more. Get less than 10 votes, and you don't get in.

Maybe do this at the start of each season. Limit the voting to members who have 500 posts or more, to prevent the "stuffing" of the "ballot box" by new users. Plus it would make it harder for people to get into the HHoF

I think i am one hell of a poster. If you disagree, you are entitled to. I personally think I am one of the best posters here bar none. Always have, always will.

As for you, I have no opinion. I don't really check for your posts at all. No disrespect, you just annoy me to such a degree on AJC to when I see you on here, I just skip pass your name.

As for Ruckus, since Day 1 he's been calling me out for whatever reason. So no hard feelings there. I don't care and won't.

• Like 1

I think i am one hell of a poster. If you disagree, you are entitled to. I personally think I am one of the best posters here bar none. Always have, always will.

As for you, I have no opinion. I don't really check for your posts at all. No disrespect, you just annoy me to such a degree on AJC to when I see you on here, I just skip pass your name.

As for Ruckus, since Day 1 he's been calling me out for whatever reason. So no hard feelings there. I don't care and won't.

LOL . . . if you say so man.

And I've maybe posted on the AJC maybe 10 times total in the last 2 years, and I took about a 5 month ( semi-forced ) break from this place. You don't check for my post and have no opinion of me, but I annoy you when I'm on here?

Hahahahaha . . . hilarious.

I'm just saying. I don't know how a person like yourself can talk bad about Diesel, when you're one of the few regulars in this forum's history that has actually gotten banned from this site.

Dolfan is a good great mod, because he allowed you to come back, even when he and some of the others here knew what some of your alises were.

This is why we need a Squawk Hall of Fame. If you're as great as you say you are, you'll may get a few votes from the members.

The bottom line is everybody plays a role on here. If people don't like the role that you, or I, or Diesel, or anybody else plays on here, that's fine. But it's the differing opinions and personalities on here that easily makes this one of the best sports forums I've ever seen. We have everything from doctors and lawyers, to teenage schoolkids on here, giving opinions about the team we all care about . . . the Atlanta Hawks.

And like him or not, Diesel always gave his opinions about this team, whether it be popular or unpopular. And he was right far more than he was wrong.

This thread is definitely an instant Hawksquawk Classic.

• Like 2

Can't remember if there were any "Did NBASuperstar Get Banned?" Threads when he was.....actually banned. You must admit that he made his way into Hawksquawk infamy though with his spamming of OJ Mayo threads to the point that Dol had to "he who shall not be named" the phrase. I guess being the butt of jokes is the path to the top for some 'Jokers'.

• Like 4

LOL . . . if you say so man.

And I've maybe posted on the AJC maybe 10 times total in the last 2 years, and I took about a 5 month ( semi-forced ) break from this place. You don't check for my post and have no opinion of me, but I annoy you when I'm on here?

Hahahahaha . . . hilarious.

I'm just saying. I don't know how a person like yourself can talk bad about Diesel, when you're one of the few regulars in this forum's history that has actually gotten banned from this site.

Dolfan is a good great mod, because he allowed you to come back, even when he and some of the others here knew what some of your alises were.

This is why we need a Squawk Hall of Fame. If you're as great as you say you are, you'll may get a few votes from the members.

The bottom line is everybody plays a role on here. If people don't like the role that you, or I, or Diesel, or anybody else plays on here, that's fine. But it's the differing opinions and personalities on here that easily makes this one of the best sports forums I've ever seen. We have everything from doctors and lawyers, to teenage schoolkids on here, giving opinions about the team we all care about . . . the Atlanta Hawks.

And like him or not, Diesel always gave his opinions about this team, whether it be popular or unpopular. And he was right far more than he was wrong.

This thread is definitely an instant Hawksquawk Classic.

Diesel was wrong far more than when he was right. The only times he was right was when it was being over the top on Marvin. Even then he was wrong about Marvin more times than not. He was talking about Marvin like he's was a bum a majority of the time. Marvin wasn't a bum for us. He was a decent role player, he just was drafted too high and clearly in front of superstars like CP3 and Deron. I won't even go into why he annoyed me so much is his stupid trade threads which were always horrible even for NBA 2k. He would spam the board more times than not. But I will say this and I said it to Dolfan as well. Diesel posted a lot. He always keep content on this forum until we traded Joe. After the Joe trade, Diesel stopped posting as much and it made for a much better board. Joe was one of the few players Diesel was right on as well as that trade. Me and Diesel seen eye2eye on that.

As for Dolf, he is a great mod. I was critical of him at first, too much of a designer, not much of a mod but he has developed into one of the best internet mods period and AHF is one hell of a mod himself. I always felt he should have been a mod from Day 1.

• Like 1

• Moderators

All this thread shows is how epic Diesel actually is. Guy hasn't post a thing in 2 months and a thread about Diesel still nets 8 pages and back-and-forth conversation/arguing. And even though he annoyed the living Bejesus outta me, there was never a dull moment when Diesel made a post because you either completely agreed with it or he'd blow your mind right out of your head. Still made for good convos. If only the cheap ass mofo would just buy a subscription... I bought one as soon as I hit the 1000 post plateau because I knew that the Squawk was a place that I loved and wanted to stay around. Heck, one of the motivations I have for getting out of school and getting a nice, shiny career is so I can start giving donations to the Squawk.

And every active member believes that they are a great poster. Otherwise, they're either a lurker or a troll. I believe I'm top 15 at least, but I'm sure there are members that cringe every time they see PSSSHHHRRR87 has added a new post or topic. lol

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Can't remember if there were any "Did NBASuperstar Get Banned?" Threads when he was.....actually banned.You must admit that he made his way into Hawksquawk infamy though with his spamming of OJ Mayo threads to the point that Dol had to "he who shall not be named" the phrase. I guess being the butt of jokes is the path to the top for some 'Jokers'.

There was. Several. I lurked. There was a bring Supes back thread. Some was like yes, some were like no. I think you were one who said no.

I said numerous times I wanted O.J. Mayo in that system with that personnel.

Mayo

Johnson

Marvin

Smoove

Horf

Coach Drew

That would have been perfect considering the way we played at the time. We didn't need a real PG since Joe was basically the PG. We needed someone who could be a #1 option and can defend PG's at a high level. Mayo had the potential for that in that system at that time. Sucks he didn't get the chance for that but it happens. He was far from a true PG, I've said that much in the past. I wish that would stop being brought up as if I didn't clearly explain myself.

How about Scott Machado supes? What about Scott, he didn't have the athletic ability for a NBA PG. I was wrong.

How about Kendall Marshall supes? What about Kendall, he's clearly outplaying Jeff at 450k compared to 8 mil. I was right about him.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

It's funny, I was the biggest anti-Josh Smith poster for years on this site to the point I was compared to Hots who has always been more negative to the team but he is actually one poster who has been right more times than not unlike Diesel. Anyway, now I see Smoove is hatred all over on here while I don't even care about him anymore. I wanted to trade him after his 3rd NBA season.

• Like 1

All this thread shows is how epic Diesel actually is. Guy hasn't post a thing in 2 months and a thread about Diesel still nets 8 pages and back-and-forth conversation/arguing. And even though he annoyed the living Bejesus outta me, there was never a dull moment when Diesel made a post because you either completely agreed with it or he'd blow your mind right out of your head. Still made for good convos. If only the cheap ass mofo would just buy a subscription... I bought one as soon as I hit the 1000 post plateau because I knew that the Squawk was a place that I loved and wanted to stay around. Heck, one of the motivations I have for getting out of school and getting a nice, shiny career is so I can start giving donations to the Squawk.

And every active member believes that they are a great poster. Otherwise, they're either a lurker or a troll. I believe I'm top 15 at least, but I'm sure there are members that cringe every time they see PSSSHHHRRR87 has added a new post or topic. lol

I think you are a great poster. I like your threads. They have their own style to them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There were definitely people asking if supes got banned, I do remember people asking about it. I'm fairly certain I'm one of the people who asked. I also think he's one of the best posters on this board. If we are doing whose right more times than they are wrong then supes is on the higher end of calling things correctly.

• Like 1