• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Knicks want Teague

PSSSHHHRRR87

Update:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/53998/sources-knicks-still-pursuing-lowry?src=mobile

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary and have not reached an advanced stage.

We must be getting a pick.

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/53998/sources-knicks-still-pursuing-lowry?src=mobile

One scenario to keep an eye on here, though, is the possibilty of a three-team deal also involving the Hawks and point guard Jeff Teague. Atlanta has all of its first-round picks in the next four drafts and could conceivably send one to Toronto to satisfy the Raptors' demand for a future draft pick.

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary and have not reached an advanced stage.

So they say that we acquire Shumpert and we give Teague AND a round... pathetic media

Boston wants TWO (2) UNPROTECTED first rounders for Rondo.NY and Woody would eat lil ole Jeffy alive!!!

I agree. The criticism that Teague receives in ATL would be child's play compared to the NY fans and media being all over him. On the flip side, if he played good, they would love him unconditionally and accept his flaws . . . kind of like how Brooklyn fans do with Joe Johnson.

I'd give up Teague for any of the following..1. Rondo2. Chandler3. Shumpert4. Hard jr.Remember if we do a trade involving the Knicks don't be surprised if we get Beno back as an add on in the package. Beno worked with Ferry as a Spur. Just throwing that out there. Just say no to FELTON.

• Moderators

Teague is the perfect type of PG for Carmelo. Carmelo wants to be the man and Teague is passive and would stay out of Melo's way, but can help score and get assists.

My proposed trade:

NY gets Teague, Lou

BOS gets Bargnani, Shumpert, and Atlanta's 2014/16

ATL gets Rondo

Starting lineups:

NY

C - Chandler

PF - Amar'e

SF - Melo

SG - Smith

PG - Teague

BOS

C - Bargnani

PF - Humpries

SF - Wallace

SG - Green

PG - Bradley

ATL

C - Antić

PF - Sap

SF - DMC

SG - KK

PG - Rondo

Why:

Knicks get a complementory PG for Melo and a scorer in Lou. Boston gets their picks and Bargnani only has a year left on his deal. Atlanta gets their PG for the future and a PG fits the Spurs way; he is the smartest PG in the league. Rondo would be Bud's/Ferry's Tony Parker. Could get another 8 seasons outta Rondo. Rondo and Horford is a move towards a championship team.

Questions:

Is Ferry and Bud are willing to give up two first round picks for a guy coming back from an ACL injury? Does Ferry hate Teague's contract enough to do this? Does Ainge want to bring in $12 mil that isn't expiring?

Teague is the perfect type of PG for Carmelo. Carmelo wants to be the man and Teague is passive and would stay out of Melo's way, but can help score and get assists. My proposed trade: NY gets Teague, Lou BOS gets Bargnani, Shumpert, and Atlanta's 2014/16 ATL gets Rondo Starting lineups: NYC - ChandlerPF - Amar'eSF - MeloSG - SmithPG - Teague BOSC - BargnaniPF - HumpriesSF - WallaceSG - GreenPG - Bradley ATLC - AntićPF - SapSF - DMCSG - KKPG - Rondo Why: Knicks get a complementory PG for Melo and a scorer in Lou. Boston gets their picks and Bargnani only has a year left on his deal. Atlanta gets their PG for the future and a PG fits the Spurs way; he is the smartest PG in the league. Rondo would be Bud's/Ferry's Tony Parker. Could get another 8 seasons outta Rondo. Rondo and Horford is a move towards a championship team. Questions: Is Ferry and Bud are willing to give up two first round picks for a guy coming back from an ACL injury? Does Ferry hate Teague's contract enough to do this? Does Ainge want to bring in $12 mil that isn't expiring?

This does not compute: we are basically trading Lou, Teague and 2 unprotected 1st for Rondo who can leave as a free agent after next season? Really?

A "nice piece", huh? Meanwhile we give up Teague and a 1st for a ... nice piece. Here's a pat on the head widdle Hawkies. Now go sit in the corner while us gwown-ups tawk. :rollseyes

umm if this was the case then why not just bring Lowry here..lmao this NY media

This is James Dolan's Knicks we're taking about, I think everything is on the table in a quest to fail miserably. I was a fan of Shump early too but I fear being in NY has stunted his growth and him playing 3 is just crazy to me. I'd take Hardaway off their hands before he's too badly infected. Ferry wouldn't dare give them a pick for anything they have, let's give the man some credit. I agree we need to pounce on whoever still foolishly thinks Teague is the engine of this team and will compensate us as such.

Edited by benhillboy

This is all a NY fantasy - hahahaha - us sending Toronto a pick on there behalf so they can get Lowry and all we get is Shumpert ROFL ROFL.This needs the Micheal Jordan laughing gif, please.

We'd have to get more than just Shumpert back in a trade for the salaries to match up and I just don't see enough "filler" to make it work unless Toronto gives up something else and why would they give up anything more valuable since they're already dealing Lowry who is the best player in the "rumored" deal. I call BS.

• Like 1