• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Knicks want Teague

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

Lets say the Hawks didnt match Teague. What If they couldnt sign anyone in his place what then? Cant trade nothing for something right?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My answer then was you let him walk and you roll with trying to develop the young guys. I didn't think the contract was a good value then and I don't now. Just my opinion.

That's your opinion and its easy to throw around words like crazy when its all about your opinion. Fact is Rondo is one of the best and most accomplished PG's in the last 10-15 years in a PG heavy league. Next fact is Ferry has not exactly nailed any of his first 3 first round picks

Perfect scenario: we trade 14 and 16 for Rondo; Parker and Embiid stay for another year; Brooklyn is in the lottery next year.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I would give 3 non lottery picks up for Rondo along with Dennis,Mack,Lou, Pero, and not think twice about it. By the way, I don't think DMC is important enough for people to be thinking about what to do with him. Sit him at the end of the bench and it would be fine. I personally don't like the guy and thinks he tries to do too much

To not think DMC is a major piece is fine , but to suggest putting him at the end of the bench is a slap to the face to the guy..smh

DMC is not a major piece, he is one of those add-ons who has solid value but by himself, he isn't worth much of anything. We can't get a top 20 pick with him at all.

DMC has been our 2nd most important player since Al went down , and for his money I would take him over Jeff Green all day and any day

• Premium Member

DMC has been our 2nd most important player since Al went down , and for his money I would take him over Jeff Green all day and any day

No way I would, Green is a player, DMC is a role-bench player on a contender and I like DMC
  • Like 1

Green is a solid player. Overpaid but solid. DMC is bench role player who is a 3/D energy guy.

Damned sure has not been playing like " a bench guy " this year..
  • Like 1

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231999/Kings-Offered-Celtics-Isaiah-Thomas-Ben-McLemore-Picks-For-Rajon-Rondo You could probably get Rondo for Dennis, Lou, Pero, Mack and like 3 first round picks if the above is true.

Sounds like a franchise crippler for at least a decade.. no way!Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

That took a really long time to read through all these posts. So my thoughts.

In no universe is Shumpert worth Teague straight up.

In no universe is Boston doing anything to help NY without getting something better in return.

In no plethora of universes is Toronto giving up Lowry without getting back a player and a pick.

We do not own Brooklyn's pick as an extra pick. We got rights and 2 2nds. See below.

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2014 first round draft pick from BrooklynAtlanta has the right to swap its 2014 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]; Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Boston (see Brooklyn Debits)

2015 first round draft pick from BrooklynAtlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick from BrooklynBrooklyn's 2015 2nd round pick to Atlanta (via Utah) [brooklyn-Utah, 12/22/2011 and then Atlanta-Utah, 6/27/2013]

2017 second round draft pick from BrooklynBrooklyn's 2017 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2017 second round draft pick from MiamiMiami's 2nd round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 31-40 in 2017 or unprotected in 2018 [Atlanta-Miami, 6/27/2013]

• Like 1

If we can Tim hardaway Jr and a 1st round from the Knicks for Teague then I will be ecstatic....Knicks are desperate so that could work.[/quote. If this could happen I would be shocked.]

Edited by jrok23