• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Knicks want Teague

PSSSHHHRRR87

@Jody23. You may be right , but they would not get Jeffrey otherwise.. Why help the damned Knicks by taking their trash?

2 unprotected picks. Bud and Rondo would be a Tony Parker-Pop like partnership. Get it done Ferry. 14 and 16 unprotected picks I don't care.

If can get Chandler too, give Ferry a city named after him.

PG-RondoSG-KorverSF-SapPF-HorfordC-Chandler

Maybe trade Sap or Horf for picks/elite wing?

• Moderators

Rondo is in this thread because Ainge has put a value on him. 2 1st round picks and the willingness to bring in bad contracts. Boston is tanking and looking to rebuild through this year's and next year's draft. Also, Rondo is damaged goods, but if Ferry hates Teague's contract enough, Rondo is worth the risk. Plus, Rondo >>> Teague and looking at salaries; NY cannot afford another huge contract. Lowry is at $6.2 mil as opposed to Rondo at $12 mil and Teague at $8 mil. I think Boston would reconsider the 2 1st round picks if they were given an opportunity to be major players in 2014/15 offseason for free agents with cap flexibility AND still have two picks (Their own plus ours which gets better every game) in 2014 for a shot at getting Wiggins or Parker. Toronto does it for a future pick (from whom I don't know) or Hardaway and a young replacement with Teague. Teague/DeRozan is a pretty good backcourt. Really, the whole situation comes down to picks and what players are really worth.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

@IheartFerry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not endorsing a move where the Hawks take back the Knicks junk. Just stating that they're not trading Hardaway Jr. On the other hand, the fact that the Hawks are entertaining this at all indicates that they have a desire to get out of Teague's contract.

• Admin

Rondo is in this thread because Ainge has put a value on him. 2 1st round picks and the willingness to bring in bad contracts. Boston is tanking and looking to rebuild through this year's and next year's draft. Also, Rondo is damaged goods, but if Ferry hates Teague's contract enough, Rondo is worth the risk. Plus, Rondo >>> Teague and looking at salaries; NY cannot afford another huge contract. Lowry is at $6.2 mil as opposed to Rondo at $12 mil and Teague at $8 mil. I think Boston would reconsider the 2 1st round picks if they were given an opportunity to be major players in 2014/15 offseason for free agents with cap flexibility AND still have two picks (Their own plus ours which gets better every game) in 2014 for a shot at getting Wiggins or Parker. Toronto does it for a future pick (from whom I don't know) or Hardaway and a young replacement with Teague. Teague/DeRozan is a pretty good backcourt. Really, the whole situation comes down to picks and what players are really worth.

Ainge is never going to take on that contract of Bargs and he certainly is not going to trade Sullinger also to so it

• Moderators

Ainge is never going to take on that contract of Bargs and he certainly is not going to trade Sullinger also to so it

Well then drop Sullinger and it's still an enticing trade for NY and BOS. NY dumps Shump and BOS keeps a prospect. Bargs only has one year left on his deal which could be used at the 2015 deadline as teams love expirings, especially ones that clear up $12 mil.

• Like 1

@Jody23. Oh , I was not suggesting you were , and your post did not give the impression that you did.. It just seemed like what it was to mejust your view on the situation..I agree with you by the way , that is just my way of saying screw the Knicks , and they are not entitled to squat

• Premium Member

In regards to Rondo...http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-power-rankings--will-rockets-keep-momentum-going-post-all-star-break-010802982-nba.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterIt was reported that the Kings offered two picks, Mclemore and Isaiah Thomas for Rondo and it's not happening in part because Rondo doesn't want to re-sign there. And they've got a nice young big in Cousins. I'd love to have him, but why would Rondo want to play longterm in Atlanta for Danny "I got the DVD for the refs" Ferry? Not happening imo.

@IheartFerry. Agreed. I can't stand the Knicks either. But the Hawks motivation in even talking to a team with practically no assets seems quite clear. They messed up by matching the deal for Teague.

Ya'll gotta stop believing the media bullshit. Ferry doesn't talk deals like that and why the f*** would anyone make a deal with the Knicks. They have no f***ing assets outside of Melo and maybe Hardaway Jr. who they DON'T want to trade.

• Like 1

In regards to Rondo...http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-power-rankings--will-rockets-keep-momentum-going-post-all-star-break-010802982-nba.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterIt was reported that the Kings offered two picks, Mclemore and Isaiah Thomas for Rondo and it's not happening in part because Rondo doesn't want to re-sign there. And they've got a nice young big in Cousins. I'd love to have him, but why would Rondo want to play longterm in Atlanta for Danny "I got the DVD for the refs" Ferry? Not happening imo.

I can see Rondo wanting to come to Atlanta. He is from the South. He will be a superstar here. Bud will win him over. And Ferry can give him the tapes back lol

@ Never said once that I do believe any of it . Infact , I think it is all garbage because Ferry has got to see more value in Teague then Shroomhead! I am on the BS train especially after the 1st round pick mention

• Premium Member

Uh @Sothron, I beg to differ with post #114 (which I can't quote for some reason). As evidenced by todays trade rumors, you most certainly can make this **** up.

why is my name in blue?

anyways, yes, you apparently CAN make up any goofball trade rumor in NY media as long as it has a NY team raping the other team in a trade. I just still can't imagine how any one in the media could actually think Teague AND a first rounder is fair value for SHUMPERT. A guy with no offense and has already had one major ACL tear in his career.

@IheartFerry. Agreed. I can't stand the Knicks either. But the Hawks motivation in even talking to a team with practically no assets seems quite clear. They messed up by matching the deal for Teague.

I wouldn't say they messed up. He didn't have much of a choice. Mack lied to Ferry/Bud and Dennis wasn't ready.

Teague's great first month has really impressed the league. They think he is our best player lol. Trade him while he is worth something.

• Like 1