• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

we got too many damb europlayers, they are what they are they can shoot but they tend to be too soft. Ayón gets hit in the shoulder and he s out. thats why you should diversfy your roster with an ivan or a corie evans or a blatche when they are out there to be had.

Who is Corie Evans?

Is Blatche really being included in a sentence listing players who are mentally tough?

I get the point with Ivan. I suspect it was nothing about his on the court play that led to him leaving and everything about a short fuse. I enjoyed watching him while he was in Atlanta.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

we got too many damb europlayers, they are what they are they can shoot but they tend to be too soft. Ayón gets hit in the shoulder and he s out. thats why you should diversfy your roster with an ivan or a corie evans or a blatche when they are out there to be had.

I'd watch that kind of talk, it is more than a little racist. We have several Euro posters on this board and that kind of talk is completely inflammatory and needlessly insulting. I also have to point out that Ayón is Mexican, not European and if you have been a hawks fan for longer than this season you'd remember Zaza. No one would call him soft.

Edited by Sothron

I'd watch that kind of talk, it is more than a little racist. We have several Euro posters on this board and that kind of talk is completely inflammatory and needlessly insulting. I also have to point out that Ayón is Mexican, not European and if you have been a hawks fan for longer than this season you'd remember Zaza. No one would call him soft.

I don't care about that. When I read about a mexican europlayer it makes me smile and think that there is sometimes a little truth in some prejudices. One of them about americans over here is, that they don't care and don't know much about the rest of the world Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

Euro guards tend to be tough minded. Euro big men tend to be soft.

Two of the greatest Euro big men ( Dirk and Pau Gasol ), have been called "soft" their entire career, despite their very good offensive abilities.

The problem with the Hawks isn't that we have too many Euros. The problem is that we have too many marginal bench level players. So to that, it's like I always say . . .

Blame the GM.

Euro guards tend to be tough minded. Euro big men tend to be soft.

Two of the greatest Euro big men ( Dirk and Pau Gasol ), have been called "soft" their entire career, despite their very good offensive abilities.

The problem with the Hawks isn't that we have too many Euros. The problem is that we have too many marginal bench level players. So to that, it's like I always say . . .

Blame the GM.

The real problem has been that injuries to the starters have forced the Hawks to play the marginal bench a lot more recently.

Any team can stomach one or two injuries, but the Hawks have 3 to 4 players out at any one time right now. That's a lot to deal with.

• Like 2

I didn't see the game, but I'm pretty high on Stephenson. I saw the move on Kyle, though, bless his heart. It's pretty impressive knowing he's a wild type of guy, yet never shoots the ball too much and is over 50%. When he gets those turnovers down a bit and free throw shooting bumped up a little, look the f@&k out. If they don't win it all, he and George Hill will get the blame, and hopefully we can get him.

• Premium Member

Just have to point out that after the pacers blew us out of their building if you watched on ESPN last night the TWolves returned the favor to them. For those who still question how good Kevin Love is he put up 42 and 16 against a frontline that brutalized our entire team.

• Like 1